It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Eye on Youtube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is my first time posting in this section and though I am not sure about the whole Illuminati devil worshipping idea as a graphic designer I am interested in the symbolism. Anyway I have noticed on Youtube videos with links to external sites have the eye next to the "as seen on" text. This eye as we all know pops up often, however I just feel the Youtube layout is very sleek, the eye simply does not fit with the overall style, for instance the search button is most stylised which you would expect from a sleek theme.

I guess I am just curious about whether you think this eye is intentional and if so, why do the insist on showing it to the masses?

Here is a capture of the search button, I am not sure how obvious the difference is to some but I feel it is another example of Illuminati symbolism.

edit on 18-5-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is really reaching I think. It's an eye because it is 'as seen on' and you see with eyes....
And I dont know what you mean with the search graphic. Also seems very obvious.

Just my opinion.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm on board with the Illuminati conspiracy but this is a stretch.

IMHO

Sometime an icon is just an icon.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You see with eyes. You search with a magnifying glass.

There are eyes on posters with Justin Beiber, two of them in fact.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

I get the as seen on, I jus think the style is a bit more realistic compared to the rest of the graphics. I appreciate its not much either way but the designer of the button went through extra effort to create which could have been done with two shapes.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Do you know any reason why government would like to post their secret symbols everywhere. Perhaps they do it so that they can laugh on their couch thinking about foolish people who see it everyday but do not understand. LOL.

I think you are just looking for these symbols everywhere. The eye symbol beside view count fits well into the page. And same for the search icon.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by morpheusxxz
Do you know any reason why government would like to post their secret symbols everywhere. Perhaps they do it so that they can laugh on their couch thinking about foolish people who see it everyday but do not understand. LOL.

I think you are just looking for these symbols everywhere. The eye symbol beside view count fits well into the page. And same for the search icon.

Fair enough, what I will say though is that I could create anyone of the dozen buttons found on youtube (thumb ratings etc), but the eye is clearly different and the only button that is realistic instead of minimal. The eye lids are shaped and the overal symbol is more detailed. At the moment I am thinking the eye might just be from a previous layout back when youtube was not designed as well but one thing I am sure of, to create that eye would have required far more effort when the designer could have made something easier that fits in with the rest of the design. Just an observation but I did not expect many to see the difference.

I am perhaps a bit OCD when it comes to efficient design so for arguments sake here is what a minimal icon would look like. This icon literally took a few seconds just like all those other icons, the current icon is more detailed and I hope atleast that is apparent.
edit on 18-5-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

If it doesn't fit with their other simple buttons, then it was to make it stand out.
Their favorite button used to be a red heart. It's been changed to a thumbs up sign to "like", could really be a secret handshake though.

Although I see your point about using an eye, it just doesn't resemble the eye of Horus one bit to me, to tie it in.
The search button being an eye is really a stretch.

From a design standpoint it isn't that great, and doesn't photoshop have eyes like this in their character sets in the wingdings fonts, or in the shapes tool? It is in my PS. So it wouldn't be that much extra work.
edit on 23-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

There is a possibility in this, Your on the right lines though thats for sure.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's certainly possiblie, but I wouldn't put my whole faith into this theory. I have no doubt that the illuminati has their "eye" on Youtube. They may even have a certain amount of control and/or influence. But I'd have to say that Youtube is too large for any one group to control totally.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i understand what you mean bye the eye and i have also been wondering about that but i think its just like some others posted it is just cuz it says seen on and it shows the eye as a symble for the as seen

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I see what you mean by the magnifying glass.

You could add another handle on the other side and you have a pyramid symbol.
But I think these are just icons, come back when they are using these in there logos

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Illuminati Shilluminati... poooey....

Has it not occurred too anyone that we must all watch TV, Vid, Youtube, and other forms of media with our eyes?!?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
streeeeeeeeeetching much?

although what i found funny was when watching a vid yeserday i got an advert as you do at the bottom of the video that said "is the illuminati real?" and it was an ask Jeeves advert?
kind of made me

edit on 25-6-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

top topics

join