It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage in INDIA as FILE sharing sites blocked on court order...Anonymous apparently working on unb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yes, this is happening.The Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in India are currently blocking websites in accordance to a Supreme Court directive.

Indian ISP’s are getting into the act of piracy controlling thanks to some John Doe orders secured by Copyright Labs of Chennai, which wanted to protect its interests in the recently released Tamil movies Dammu and 3. The block isn’t limited to just one or two sites. It seems to be a blanket ban on a whole range of sites across the ISP’s.

Anonymous retaliates:
In what seems to be a retaliation of India’s blatant moves to block websites and its impending proposal to police the Internet later this month, Anonymous has defaced the government websites as per Medianama.

Anonymous Takes Down Websites Of Indian Supreme Court & AICC #IndiaBlocks

www.medianama.com...

edit on 18-5-2012 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yes.
Many sites were banned yesterday after the court order. Lobbyists wanted the court to ban the sites and they were banned. Thats it. Most of them were file-sharing sites which also includes Vimeo. Though the ban can be easily circumvented, the thing that worries me is that it shows how the government can just decide whatever they want behind their walls and then blatantly shove it up our arse.

And yes, this is the government that asked Social Networking sites and Search Engines to censor content on their demand. Expect to see these big sites banned too in future for not complying just like China.

www.cbronline.com...
edit on 18-5-2012 by morpheusxxz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it is really scary when Government and all those organizations are in control over what we can access and what we shouldn’t,
edit on 18-5-2012 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That's why I keep telling people, this isn't about America.

This is about the entire human race.

Governments world wide in every nation on the globe are taking great steps to attempt to strip whatever freedoms are left and to institute tyranny on everyone.

No government is safe, all are corrupt.
$$$$$$$$

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANONYMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's good to know SOMEONE has the people's back. Too bad it isn't their local government.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That's why I keep telling people, this isn't about America.

This is about the entire human race.

Governments world wide in every nation on the globe are taking great steps to attempt to strip whatever freedoms are left and to institute tyranny on everyone.

No government is safe, all are corrupt.
$$$$$$$$

as i posted on youtube

History will repeat again. Whenever tyrants rose to destroy the rights of citizens & treat them like slaves, the heroes rose to destroy them!!!
Soon the World will be at War with these bloody Governments!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Kinda surprised at the reaction of ATS ..Not being an a** but i think this would av gotten a bigger reaction had it happened in USA...... just saying

edit on 19-5-2012 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It probably would, but ppl find ways and means in these cases to do something about the blocks usually.

I am sure those Indians who earn like a dollar a day and work 16 hours will flock to the theatres in droves now that they cant freeload anymore.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am absolutely disgusted by the act of the govt for their sheepish mean act which they performed silently. They hoped no one will notice and surprisingly no one came to know about it until these sites were blocked. I have never used torrents or vimeo or any of these websites that were blocked but I'm afraid for the future. What more can the govt. block..free interpretation of information and more censorship in the future. Just last week a political cartoon was censored by the govt. in school textbook to gain political points and vote from the minority. I hope Anonymous hits them hard where it hurts.

I wish I could do something about it but I dont know how and where to start. Most of the population is apathetic. I cant blame them either when all they could think about is how to survive and earn their meal and govt. know this so they pass on laws without consideration or fear of reappraisal from the public.

I hope people could be aware of their rights and the blatant censorship the govt. is doing. I hate them..not just the current govt. which is supposedly liberal but the other political parties too. The all disgust me to the core.

new topics

top topics

join