It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieves steal from offices at the Capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So apparently there has been a rash of stolen items at the U.S. Capitol. The irony of course is that this is the seat of our government.

So while the politicians are busy telling Americans that we need HLS and TSA to keep us safe from everything from our shoes to pirated movies, TPTB can't even keep their own offices secure.

I suppose we should all feel safe knowing these are the people at the helm of this nation.

Capitol Hill Burglaries

According to the members' handbook, lawmakers are held personally accountable for any thefts from their offices. Once a police report is filed, the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer [CAO] investigates the theft with the help of the U.S. Capitol Police. In a Dear Colleague letter responding to the thefts sent to all offices in the House of Representatives, the committee on House Administration announced that police have increased surveillance and patrols and asks that all offices "remain vigilant and immediately report any suspicious activity to the USCP Criminal Investigations Section."

Of course maybe the Capitol Police were too busy harassing college kids who were trying to sell Lemon Aid on the lawn to notice the guy walking away with Laptops and Digital Cameras???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

Thread already posted on this topic here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980
reply to post by tpsreporter

Thread already posted on this topic here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And i totally searched for it too! Well, i need to hone my searching skillz. Girls only like guys who have great skills.
Thanks for pointing it out.

join