It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tony Blair to go under the knife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
British Prime Minister Tony Blair will undergo "a routine procedure" Friday to correct what Blair described in an interview Thursday with the British television network ITN as a heart flutter.

"I'll be back at work on Monday flat out," he said.

edition.cnn.com
Asked if his doctor was concerned it could be a sign of more problems, Blair said, "He assures me that it isn't." Blair said it is a similar condition to the one that sent him to a hospital a year ago.

Doctors diagnosed his condition then as supraventricular tachycardia -- a condition that causes an irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath. He was given an electrical treatment to stabilize his heartbeat and was sent home a few hours later with orders to rest.

Blair, 51, is a father of four children. His youngest, 4-year-old Leo, was the first baby born to a serving prime minister in 150 years. Blair said he was feeling normal. "I feel fine, I feel great but ... what happens every so often is you just get a -- flutter is the right way to describe it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This operation looks to be a routine procedure, hopefully, it will stay just that.

Blair became prime minister in May 1997 when he led his Labor Party to its first electoral victory since 1979. He was re-elected by a landslide majority in 2001.

Hopefully, he will stay PM after this operation.

"The heart's rhythm is controlled by a network of nerves which lie within the heart's walls -- rather like the electric wire circuits in our homes.

"In some people, a sort of 'short circuit' can develop, producing a change in the heart's rhythm, either making the heart beat faster or making it beat irregularly.

"When this occurs, the efficiency of the heart's pumping action is reduced to a variable extent. The patient is usually made aware of the condition by feeling palpitations in the chest.

The full procedure is described here

[edit on 30-9-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Procedure:

1. Rip open his chest with a chainsaw to see if he even has a heart.
2. If he has one replace it, cos the one he has doesnt seem to work.

3. If all else fails: euthanasia.

on second thoughts just jump to point 3...

After his systematic rape of my countries history, culture, heritage. His traitorous selling out of my contries sovreignty to unsympathetic foreign powers. (AKA: the EU) His depletion and wholesale butchering of my countries millitary, justice, police, education, pensions, medical services.

Taxation exploding through the roof leaving people on the point of bankrupcy because we are being fleeced dry because of his attempts to hand out masses of our money to illegal immigrants who have NO RIGHT to my hard earned money or a place in my country.

and of course Iraq, his destruction of an entire country just so he can try to save George Bush a dime or two on a gallon of crude. Sending our men and women out to die then having the nerve to suggest its all a fringe issue.

He's a LIAR, LIAR, LIAR. A MURDERER, an evil man who has preyed on everyone around him for his own sinister ends.

I hope his operation screws up.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I�ve noticed from time to time how bad Blair has been over the past few weeks mainly. I think its due to stress and with the recent events of the hostage and the hunt thing going on It seems it took its toll on him.

[edit on 30/9/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz

and of course Iraq, his destruction of an entire country just so he can try to save George Bush a dime or two on a gallon of crude. Sending our men and women out to die then having the nerve to suggest its all a fringe issue.

C'mon, it's far more complicated than that. Blair has done only what he knew needed to be done. He's taking sides in what is slowly becoming a global conflict.

As for the liar, liar, murderer bit...
Sounds like you just described most politicians and leaders in the entire world. You gotta have at least a little evil in your heart to make some of the decisions that these people have to make.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by veritas93]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I find it very strange that Bill Clinton and now Blair go to hospital for a so called "Routine" proceedure.....

I think there maybe somthing going on here....

Tim.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
PM Tony Blair is recovering from the procedure and is doing well.

LONDON - British Prime Minister Tony Blair reportedly underwent a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat Friday and was recovering.

Aides refused to say whether the 2 1/2-hour procedure, called a catheter ablation, took place. But Sky News TV, quoting anonymous sources, said Blair underwent what he had called a "routine operation" before noon and was recovering.

The condition first surfaced a year ago.

Blair, 51, looked relaxed as he was driven away from his Downing Street residence, accompanied by his wife, Cherie, in an official car at about 7:05 a.m. He told reporters he felt fine.

The medical procedure was to involve local anesthetic, Blair said.

"It's a sort of fluttering. It doesn't stop you working, and indeed I've been working the last couple of months since it happened," Blair said Thursday night, just hours after appearing onstage for the closing ceremony of his Labour Party's annual convention. "I'm going to go in and have this routine operation."
Blair

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Damn, i didnt think we were paying that surgeon enough...

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim_uk74
I find it very strange that Bill Clinton and now Blair go to hospital for a so called "Routine" proceedure.....

I think there maybe somthing going on here....

Tim.

They're starting to buck their lords and needed their implants adjusted??

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is what the bbc have had to say on what happend today I wonder whos in the hot seat next. When Tony leaves after this 3rd term I hope he will change his mind and stay on for a 4th term.

BBC NEWS

The procedure being performed on Mr Blair at London's Hammersmith Hospital is called catheter ablation - a simple technique which thousands of patients in the UK undergo each year, according to British Heart Foundation cardiologist Professor John Camm.

A wire is inserted through veins into the heart cavity allowing doctors to "map" the rhythm disorder, he said. The wire is then manoeuvred next to that point and pulses of energy are sent down it which should correct the heart's rhythm.

Mr Blair 's cardiologist says the procedure is non-surgical. Patients usually spend the night in hospital and are back at work within two to three days.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 1/10/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yeah i hope he stays too so at least his Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Up of the UK can go on consistantly.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Yeah i hope he stays too so at least his Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Up of the UK can go on consistantly.

Well, I am the first person to say that Blair and co are ruining England and destroying freedom.

But your quote rustiswordz is that you think the uk should be F**ked UP consistantly???

Watch it M8 there are alot of Patriotic True English on here and they won't like your comment.

I am one of them.

Tim.

new topics

top topics

join