It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beautiful Flying Peacock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not many words needed, I am sure you will find these photos beautiful.

I did not even know peacocks can fly that high.

What a beautiful world we live in, when we look at how it was created. Not how man messed it up.

edit on 18-5-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Peacocks are most defiently a beautiful creature.

Im still amazed at how thier tail feathers look. Its pretty neat that there are creature that can grow iredesant part of their body.

Theres a resturant near the town I grow up in that still has peacocks that run wild around the back patio area.
We still go there, purly for the reason to feed the peacocks, they'll walk right up to your table and just hangout.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Beautiful pictures!
They remind me of the legendary Phoenix!
There are a bunch of peacocks all over the San Diego Zoo. We love to watch them fly into the tops of the park trees and yell. They have peahens that walk around, too.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Reminds me of the birds from Avatar...but even cooler.

I didn't even think they could get off the ground with all that bling..!

Thanks for the photos OP...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Almost looks like a Rainbow Phoenix flying across the sky.

(I know this is silly to admit, but I didn't even realize Peacocks could fly - I have shamed myself)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
Almost looks like a Rainbow Phoenix flying across the sky.

(I know this is silly to admit, but I didn't even realize Peacocks could fly - I have shamed myself)

Nothing to be ashamed of, Daemonicon, I think very few of us knew they could take to the air with such force.

I knew they could fly from post to post, but not that they could take to the sky in full force. I don't think it is usual.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Reminds me of the birds from Avatar...but even cooler.

I didn't even think they could get off the ground with all that bling..!

Thanks for the photos OP...

Yes! Definately has Avatar magic. One of my most favourite movies.

(I have a private, well now not so private I guess, fantasy that I lived on another very beautiful planet, very far from here. My family thinks its not impossible, my brother called me 'space cadette' about 40 years ago when we were kids. There are lots of odd things about me. I had 6 wisdom teeth instead of 4 when I had them taken out in 1992 the hospital called all the students to come check it out.

Recently the dentist was totally amazed to find, while doing a root canal, that the tooth he was doing had 4 channels instead of 3. He has never seen anything like it.
I have never had flue in my life, my mom can't remember me ever getting a fever.
My artwork has been surreal since a very young child, and I am totally enchanted by anything beautiful.
I have an unusaully strong sense of direction, even in foreign countries.
I seem to be able to do almost anything I put my mind to, even working with power tools in this house is my job, not my husband's.
We found out with a surprise that I am an extremely acurate shooter at a funfair, after I cleared all the tins without missing one, as well as the next round. Well, now you all know, I'm really weird and probably come from another planet.)

I feel these peacocks remind me of something very beautifull...... a memory. But then, it is just a fantasy, but the peacocks remain stunning to me.
edit on 18-5-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
WHOA

i want one!
the first and last pics are amazing
they would look cool on canvass and on my wall!
thanks for posting S&F

Edit- when i say on canvass i mean painted!)

edit on 18-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So very beautiful!
Thank you

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow nice pictures

it look like the mythical pheonix

EDIT : lol im not the only one who though about the pheonix apparently

edit on 5/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Oh my...those photos are absolutely stunning. This thread caught my eye because one of these, which live wild near where I live, ran out in front of my car the other day...it's ok...I managed to avoid it!
But it was such a delight to see. The symbolism and spiritual meaning of them is fascinating, if you follow the pattern of things that turn up unexpectedly in your life, delivering a message if you like. A bit woo woo, but there you go...I guess I am!

the meaning of peacock symbols

more peacock symbolism

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thank you for those links to the symbolsim! I will be using peacock feather as inspiration in one of my next mandalas. Awsome symbolic meanings.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You're very welcome! You make mandalas too eh? So do I...
Let's both make peacock mandalas and compare them.....what you think? Not in any competitive way at all, but the synchronicity is intriguing. Would be good to have something to focus on.

Cait x

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Sure! Let's do it.

new topics

top topics

join