It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

I was getting on to him originally for having a RP avatar because it links everything he says (even if just subconsciously to RP) so you shouldn't assume all RP supporters think as he does. That would in fact be as ignorant as his original statement you know. This isn't a RP thread and has nothing to do with forming an opinion about him. As a supporter I will say he is the best thing we have a chance for in this country.

BO didn't talk the talk for 30 years and live by his words. RP is not the flake BO is and is trustworthy.. we have known him for much longer.

As it pertains to the thread. It is sad, I don't think she killed herself because she was afraid the world was going to end. I think her interest in the world ending was simply a symptom of her depression.
edit on 19-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
delete
edit on 19-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think the entire world is hoping you are right about RP but it is a moot point. I heard a while back that the votes will be counted in Spain by a company that was bought out by Soros.

Like every other political dynasty whether Kennedy, Bush, or now the relatively untried Paul camp we are only left with a single choice (like BO was) and until people start realizing they are being played like a fiddle with the good gov/bad gov we have no choice.

Only solution is to stop playing by the rules they demand we adhere to. The best course of action is not to vote for the lesser of two evils. If voter turnout is less than 40% it is null and void and maybe then a real option for change will emerge. (but again, the exit polls don't match the end results anymore)

Funny how all the RP supporters cling to the hope he offers and yet when Mike Gravel was the only man to filibuster daily to end the Viet Nam war - when he was banned from debate for calling them all out as liars - when he was the first one to speak against the cronyism and corporate influence within the system... it was the RP support that all but assured he had no chance of winning.

Divide and conquer...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In Buddhism suicide is ok.

She just picked the wrong religion to follow.

Jesus said to sell your cloak (coat) and go buy a sword....do something about evil.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
In Buddhism suicide is ok.

She just picked the wrong religion to follow.

Jesus said to sell your cloak (coat) and go buy a sword....do something about evil.

I think you missed the ten commandments (not suggestions) Thou shall not kill doesn't mean without good reason.

Only God is in a position to judge for only God knows all hearts and minds. That isn't saying that Prayer for His intercession on our behalf is wrong.

If we only had the Faith...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if it isn't correct that we are at fault for this poor girl's suicide.

Let's take the case of ATS.

Many people post many theories on doom and impending catastrophies.
When people like myself question some of the more wacko ideas, we are totally shot down and swarmed with plenty post about US proving our point - in stead of THEM proving their wacko idea.

In other words - rational thinking is drowned by people clinging to their right to put forward their thoughts whether they come from too little sleep or too much weed.

Search UFO on the inet. Search 2012 doomsday.

You will find very few posts that call for critical thinking.

AND

When something has been proven as a hoax or simply wrong - no website deletes the wrong information. No website prefixes the Original Post with anything resembling information of the lack of quality or trustworthyness.

If they do anything they disguise the posts or ideas by changing WILL with PROBABLY WILL.

To put it bluntly - websites like ATS protects the hoaxers and the blatantly wrong people under the guise of free speech and "since we haven't any proof (that we have accepted) to the contrary, then we shall endorse this".

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by morefiber

Hi MoreFiber,

From a group perspective having influence on teenagers - like cults or trends - all can be harmful. Of course! These issues are with parenting and have no bearing upon the conspiracy communities like ATS though. Even adults can be influenced into doing crazy things. But how can anyone be assigned with blame for how another person thinks? Why would I, as a community member of sites like this, be responsible for someone else's filters in how they perceive things in their brains? Even christian groups of kids can be extremely mean to "non-believers" and use their religion as an excuse to be cruel. The truth is, we do not have the circumstances surrounding her life - to even make an informed opinion as to why she killed herself. It is doubtful that her interest in conspiracy theories and the paranormal is the only contributing factor. However, the blame still cannot be shifted. It rests upon the person who caused the death, which in this case is the person themselves. It's tragic. So young. But ultimately no one's fault - such as a conspiracy group. We can't control how people think. We are not responsible for another person's actions.

What's the alternative however? Further control how people think? Allow no room for opinions and discussions? Would we grow, so that things naturally evolve and improve with growth? Perhaps what must be considered is that sites like this should not be public and the age requirement be 18. Problems solved. However, freedom of speech has been stifled. It's a rather complicated matter isn't it? I mean no disrespect to the parents of the girl, this was their responsibility however. To monitor their daughters interests and have open discussions about fears and feelings. That they didn't see any warning signs must be a hard thing for this poor girls parents. It's natural to want to shift the blame onto someone or something. But it really is no one's fault. Isabel was sick and likely didn't know how to get help for herself. It's all very sad. My heart goes out to the family.

Blessed Be, Cirque

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You folks know how you feel and I feel when confronted with all the challenges and information the world presents us with. Can you imagine how this would affect a 16-year-old?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

They are realizing it.. RP is actualyl a choice and that is why us supporters have gone through extreme measures to use the corrupt system they have built to keep control against them. Ron Paul supporters are in positions as Romney delegates and ready to abstain from the first vote and if they get called out they need simply to point out the shennanigans perpetrated against Paul. This is the first year of the change hopefully, if not by this election, by the next one those few that still believe in the two parties (mostly on the Dem side now) will know better and this will be the last bought candidate.

But if you ever want to continue this convo we can take to to another thread or PM.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhamBamTYM

Well Said.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I would say that all of this fear mongering contributed to her unhappiness. It might not be the sole cause, but to argue that it didn't contribute to it is naivete.

So many youngsters now already think it's over with. Many of them say, "It's finished. Stick a fork in it." Sad.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
To be honest, it's likely they planned to run a story like this and they were just waiting for their first opportunity, however shaky the story might be.

Why? The PTB WANT people to be in fear. You know why? A fearful populace cannot see what is really occurring. The PTB doesn't want people to see what is REALLY occurring. It's a threat to them and their control over the masses.
edit on 19-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Hi CirqueDeTruth,

I am not saying that it was anyones fault. My only point is that people need to think a little more about the impact that 2012 conspiracies are having on impressionable young people. I agree with what you are saying about free speech. Even 100 suicides like this, tragic as even one is, would not justify a single curtailment of free speech.
I am saying that people who profit off of 2012 fears make me sick. Especially ones like the History Channel, which broadcasts legitimate scientific content, right next to content with no scientific merit, that promotes all types of wild scenarios for the end of the world. Why wouldn't some people panic? Since we do have free speech, let me just say that I hope everyone associated with those types of programs on the History Channel gets painful ass cancer.

The only thing I think people can take from a tragedy like this is when a child starts talking or hinting about suicide, you DON'T LAUGH IT OFF, AND CHANGE THE SUBJECT. She was asking for help. It is sad that she got none.

Thanks for the reply, and for caring about this.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by EvanB

Sad, but...I've always had a problem with this:

So the (supposed) end of the world is coming and - you off yourself? What the hell kind of sense does that make? Yeah, the world sucks, but go buy yourself a cheeseburger and feel better about things. And if you're only thinking about killing yourself because the end of the world's coming - why not just wait?

I think this story is wrong, and she probably just did it - tragically - because the world got her down. The other argument never makes any sense to me, since THEN doesn't really have a whole lot to do with NOW. Now, people who are about to go to prison, I can understand killing themselves. But someone reading about the end of the world? Well NEWS FLASH - you're going to die someday anyway, and eventually the entire universe will die a heat death.

I guess under that same reasoning, we might as well ALL go off ourselves now.

I second that!!
I'm not a 2012 end of the world's guy anyway but i see no reason to kill myself just because the world is 'suppose' to end in the near future.

I'm sorry to say but... None of us knew her to say her heart was too beautiful to this world. There're more things in this story then some Doom's day web research. We don't know. We may never know... This is all awfully sad but the context seems too simplified to paint the whole picture.

By the way, did she wrote a goodby letter? I admit I didn't read the original link.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This current structure of society is to blame. Our structure empowers the weak, and babies our children. Keeping infants alive who will NEVER have a normal life. Just operation after tormenting operation until they die.

Humans with all their knowledge...have to be one of the dumbest creatures on this planet. Why would we try to change what nature,God or evolution has taken centuries and millenia to create? Surely we need to let nature take its course and stop playing GOD.

Most have lost their animal instinct. Most have become domesticated pets. Most have become nothing more than dependant, weak minded, spoiled and pampered useless beings that would'nt be alive if not for our current structure of society.

Any and ALL problems are CREATED by human beings. My heart does go out to her and her family ( i'm not cold hearted) but we have ourselves to blame for allowing this earth to become what it has..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
thats like having the logic you should kill yourself now, because your not going to live forever due to being mortal.
makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by EvanB

I blame her parents for giving her access to the internet.

She should have turned to Yeshua and not Buddha, she wouldn't have been afraid go on living despite the world sliding into hell in a handbasket. She would also know that the world isn't ending this year or anytime soon for that matter.

She will face judgement for taking her own life but that does not mean she will go to hell, she didn't understand what she was doing or she wouldn't have done it. She despaired, and there is no sin in despairing. This is why Hope is needed in the world, without hope alot of people would be killing themselves right now. Godbless the despairing and brokenhearted, may he draw them close to him and never let them go.
edit on 19-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Are you really gonna bring religion into this? Religion would not have saved her. If she had only had someone to talk to who would help her get through it. Kinda what the suicide hotline is for. You dont need God or Yeshua to tell you how to live a morally correct life. I think it was the 2012 doom stuff that drove her to suicide, not because her charecter was ruined by Buddha.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Its sad that she lost her life but she should have also done her research rather than just believe everything that she read. There had to be underlining problems most likely confused about the world. I'm still going through that over idealistic stage about the world wondering why things can't all be about love and peace but the point of it is, is to change what you can.

She should have looked at what the Mayans actually said about 2012 about it not being the end but only a new beginning. They totally discredit all the Hollywood and hype over some disaster. If your going to off yourself at least make sure you have all the reasoning and research behind the final decision.At the end we all die someday, if not Dec. 21 then some other time.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhamBamTYM
You folks know how you feel and I feel when confronted with all the challenges and information the world presents us with. Can you imagine how this would affect a 16-year-old?

I think it is much more difficult dealing with people right near you who refuse to listen.

If people right in your own family won't listen to you, then what does that say about the rest of the world?

The things that are happening right next to you always effect you more than perceptions of the world.

there is nothing more maddening then people who claim to care about you who have their ears firmly glued shut when you try to tell them about something. if THOSE people don't care, then what about the rest of the world?

How does anyone know this isn't psy-ops? it's the perfect situation... the perfect explanation of why they won't tell us stuff. they get caught with their pants down and then they'll say... but SEE? look at what happened to THIS girl. we were protecting you. People are attacking this girl when for all they know, she was backed into a corner and made to feel this way. hasn't anyone learned anything from this site?

WAKE UP.

If you just believe that this girl offed herself because of some crap she saw online... god help you!
edit on 19-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think this is one of the danger of buying into fear and doomsayers. Some people can be overwhelmed with doomsday fear and can't handle living with the thought of it possibly happening. I think with the media using it to gain dollars at the box office, and creating documentaries that will entice people to increase viewer ratings, the thought of affecting people who are vulnerable to the end of the world scenarios is really sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join