It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is dumb and misleading journalism (not your fault OP) this girl killed herself because she was unhappy. I think they are just trying to make a connection between an unusual and dark interest and her suicide. 11 or 12 articles she read last year made her kill herself? I would say her interest in the end of the world was more likely a symptom of her being depressed/suicidal not the cause of it. Too bad she sounded like she would be an interesting person.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This thread is disturbing. I've dealt with suicide in my family. What I've learned from grief counseling regarding that particular way to die - is that NO ONE can be responsible for someone else's own actions. The parents are not to blame. Websites are not to blame. No one is to blame. She is gone, rest in peace, Isabel.

Suicidal thinking is a symptom of a larger mental disorder. Generally depression or Bi-polar disorder. If you tell someone you are thinking about killing yourself, the doctor is going to diagnose you with a disorder, medicate you, and possibly send you on a vacation to a mental ward.

As to the issue of conspiracy theorists causing panic and harm to people - that's laughable. This is not a new phenomenon. It existed well before the internet came into being. It will exist when the internet no longer exists. So long as secrets are kept, and hiding the truth is acceptable - you will have these theories. That's how they spring up. The official story doesn't make sense, has holes in it, or reeks of cover-up.

My heart and positive energy go out to the family. Suicide in the family is a devastating, purposeless loss.
In light and love, Blessed Be.
edit on 19-5-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: tense

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I feel bad for her family but she's got nobody to blame but herself. It is very weak minded to kill yourself because of something that MIGHT happen. Why not wait until it happens if you are that scared of things to come? None of it makes sense, either she had major issues and depression problems, or she was very dumb and just believed everything she read online. I tend to lean toward mental issues and depression.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good, we don't need people like that populating this planet. The only thing this person could have given to the world down the line is either absolutely nothing or something that will actually lead to a doomsday event. I'm not saying kill everyone who has nothing important to give to the world as we all are in this same boat, but people, like this girl, who end up killing themselves over hokus pokus always had something inside of them that would possibly have led to problems big or small down the road.
edit on 19-5-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
Good, we don't need people like this populating this planet. The only thing this person could have given to the world down the line is either absolutely nothing or something that will actually lead to a doomsday event. I'm not saying kill everyone who has nothing important to give to the world as we all are in this same boat, but people, like this girl, who end up killing themselves over hokus pokus always had something inside of them that would possibly have led to problems big or small down the road.

I hope people see the mindset of RP supporters like yourself and others who feel it is survival of the fittest.

I suppose you would push a blind man into traffic rather than help him too?

As if a child has fully developed you condemn them for poor judgment...might as well kill all kids then.

The level of selfishness here is about more than I can take in other than small doses. You are so off the edge that you aren't even content to slander a victim, you seek to victimize many (people like this)

So tell me genius, what makes you so worthy to be on this planet? Surely not your reasoning skills... perhaps it is because you are incapable of feelings and are suited for military so you can weed us all out to your satisfaction?

Just how you justify your statements is beyond the pale... you think 16 year olds are fully developed to their full potentials? You think you were any smarter at 16? Did you even turn 16 yet?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That's what viewing the "end" as the END instead of viewing it as a new beginning will do for you. Keep posting your doom and gloom rubbish, folks.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

As to the issue of conspiracy theorists causing panic and harm to people - that's laughable. This is not a new phenomenon. It existed well before the internet came into being. It will exist when the internet no longer exists. So long as secrets are kept, and hiding the truth is acceptable - you will have these theories. That's how they spring up. The official story doesn't make sense, has holes in it, or reeks of cover-up.

CirqueDeTruth

I agree fully with the rest of your post, and thank you for treating this subject with the respect and compassion it deserves.

I have to disagree with the first sentence above. Children and teenagers are easily influenced, and their culture develops in response to what they experience. Take for example the generation that were in their teen years when JFK was president. They had a young, energetic, and visionary leader who had an influence on who they would be, and how they would act as young adults. You can not say that when major media, and people they respect make claims that the world is either ending that is has no influence on them. I can tell you for a fact that 2012 scenarios and other conspiracies have a negative effect on their attitudes and culture.

I am not saying that they were at fault here. I am saying that people who are spreading nonsense about the end of the world are having a negative impact, especially on our young people.

Thank you again for your post.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The sheer amount of ignorant replies in this thread is pathetic.

How anyone can read the article and come to conclusions such as:

Originally posted by StratosFear
Cant save every idiot, but at least the rest of us wont have to worry about her reproducing any more anytime soon.

One less mouth to feed i guess.

...and...

Originally posted by Opraks
Only one thought comes to my mind

Darwin Award 2012

I can't find in myself any compassion to stupidity.

...and...

Good, we don't need people like that populating this planet.

...is really beyond my comprehension. Did they even read the article? I doubt it.

It only goes to show why some people find it difficult to live on this planet, surrounded day in and day out by such bleak, callous and unsympatheic individuals.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
That's what viewing the "end" as the END instead of viewing it as a new beginning will do for you. Keep posting your doom and gloom rubbish, folks.

Again, prove it. Prove this is why she killed herself.

I don't think anyone even read the article. The reasoning laid out for why she committed suicide is shaky at best. It briefly talks about her life. It seems she was trying to find an identity, looking for eastern religion (Buddhism), being a full vegan, being very concerned about world issues like animal cruelty and so on. This is really common among girls her age, but few ever commit to it. It seems she is deeply affected by negative things. She was lonely. Maybe she felt isolated and felt she couldn't talk to people around her about these issues, maybe she felt like everything was miserable and pointless. Really, it's hard to say, but it is clear she was sensitive to the cruel happenings in the world. It's not easy bearing witness to these things alone.

Then along comes a spider, The Daily Mail.

Using her death as a weapon to say whatever the hell they want to say. It's pretty clear they have a bias to blurt out this nonsense without providing facts. To be honest, it's likely they planned to run a story like this and they were just waiting for their first opportunity, however shaky the story might be.

They prove nothing, they have no evidence to suggest she killed herself after going in some 'crazed fit' reading "doomsday scenarios". None whatsoever. They claim she read as few as 15-20 articles in 2011... that is pretty casual reading, and it's likely she was a voracious reader and spent her time devouring information on world events.

The only thing disturbing about this is how easily people accept the absolute # journalism that is the Daily Mail, and how -quickly- they turn to insulting people around them in this very thread. Some of you people sound like mindless trolls, just throwing out insults and cruelty. Really, this is what an imp does, the lowliest of hellspawn. Saying stuff like "Darwin Award", etc. Your soul is rotting. WAKE UP
edit on 19-5-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

As to the issue of conspiracy theorists causing panic and harm to people - that's laughable. This is not a new phenomenon. It existed well before the internet came into being. It will exist when the internet no longer exists.

While I agree with most of your post, I disagree here. Just because something is not new, does not mean it does not cause harm. In the 1800s, there was a group called the Millerites, I think. They were convinced that the rapture was near, and many of them sold their land and other worldly goods so they could be called up to heaven when the time came. Of course, it did not. While people may laugh at this, they also need to remember that many of these people had children. Think for a minute what it was like for them.

We have freedom, and brains that should govern what we do with it. We are also social creatures, and we are creating fear and a sense of panic among some of our kids and adults. I am not saying they were at fault, I am saying they have a negative impact. All actions have an impact, saying that the end is near has a serious impact on some people.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The world just got a little lighter.....

I have no sympathy for this girl. She seemed to not use any critical thinking, you can't just believe everything you read about these things, you should take everything with a pinch of salt.

No need to be so crass.
When I was 20 I was convinced by the sermons of a very charismatic Pentecostal preacher that Armageddon was going to happen any day. I wasn't tempted to kill myself but I was seriously depressed over it for a while.
The thing is, when you are 16 you are still trying to make sense of the world plus your hormones are all over the place.
edit on 19-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Nevermind. I see you removed it.
edit on 19-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I hadn't even read the article as there was no need for me... I have seen it before and like others stated it isn't the end of suicides but the beginning that is bred of the mindset that there is no hope.

While the parents interpret her reasons it could be their own self-defensiveness in passing the buck to others rather than shoulder the responsibility of not seeing the warning signs.

Not to blame the parenting either for in truth this girl had indicated her concerns and if the parents brushed her aside thinking she would outgrow her reality then they weren't really being the girls support group she needed.

Some are incapable of dealing with reality. The correct direction they should have taken was to become involved in their daughters worries and calm her fears. Only by exposing themselves to the doom and gloom could they have understood just how inevitable it all seems.

The sad thing is that 2012 isn't the end of man, but the beginning of a new era... the time that was spelled out via a cycle of time that heralds "the return of those who came from the sky."

Put all the pieces of mankind's history together and you find that even the Bible prophecies this "end time" but with Faith in antiquated teachings comes realization... it was all meant to be.

Only when it is all said and done will humanity know absolutely what creation is all about

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
I hope people see the mindset of RP supporters like yourself and others who feel it is survival of the fittest.

This isn't even worth discussing. Instantly shows who you are just by that Ron Paul comment. You shouldn't be so quick to assume something based off a picture and maybe a thread I posted. Those both were part of a joke.

I suppose you would push a blind man into traffic rather than help him too?

A very typical statement/question which I couldn't have expected any more.

As if a child has fully developed you condemn them for poor judgment...might as well kill all kids then.

I never once said people should be killed. This girl was capable of getting help. She chose the way this played out and in the end it is entirely her fault. The more screwed up people we have on this planet, the worse off it's be. If someone who is screwed up in the head wants to end their life and has the capability to retrieve help, but doesn't do anything with it, go ahead, but if they choose not to, well, we're stuck with them and that's as far as it goes.

The level of selfishness here is about more than I can take in other than small doses. You are so off the edge that you aren't even content to slander a victim, you seek to victimize many (people like this)

You've proven to be very typical minded.

So tell me genius, what makes you so worthy to be on this planet? Surely not your reasoning skills

I'm no more worthy to be on this planet as you or most other people are. Take this however your typical mind will, but I'd be the first out of my seat to challenge my reasoning skills against most.

...perhaps it is because you are incapable of feelings and are suited for military so you can weed us all out to your satisfaction?

You got me! I'm part of the NWO and I'm coming to a neighborhood near you to kidnap your kids and send the rest off to prison camps!

Just how you justify your statements is beyond the pale... you think 16 year olds are fully developed to their full potentials? You think you were any smarter at 16? Did you even turn 16 yet?

No, most 16 year olds are not fully developed to their full potential. There are some who are though, whether that is a good thing or not, but I can guarantee you that at the age of 16 I was much more developed mentally in terms of thought and reasoning than this girl was.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I re-posted it to the best I could word for word. I screwed up the appearance and eventually lost all of it and had to retype it all.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm glad the RP analogy didn't escape you. You choose to put your Faith in a broken system and yet didn't BO also talk the talk BEFORE the election? We are change was the talking point and nothing changes in the dirty business world of politics.

You still seek to lay blame on the victims rather than understand the dynamics involved in one who was so tragically consumed with grief in a world of pain.

NWO is an evil joke being played out upon humanity... they too seem to think they have all the answers yet fail miserably at even comprehending that some things man alone is incapable of fathoming... its called the unknown not the best guess.

People always do the wrong things for the right reasons and that doesn't make them or the solutions they offer the righteous path. Anything that breeds a negative isn't a positive... simple math and the law of the universe, we reap what we sow.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I re-posted it to the best I could word for word. I screwed up the appearance and eventually lost all of it and had to retype it all.

and here I thought it was the smartest thing you have said, nothing

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The end of the world as we know it will only happen when you die.
Thats the whole point of the end of the world. Because the world will always work toward evolution and complexity, so even its theres a catastrophic event happening, we will figure a way to move around it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I was just commenting that you should be less callous and kinda jerky sounding (in the original comment) because you are representing RP and all of us supporters. The girl was 16 and clearly depressed.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join