It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This forum genuinely can be extremely dangerous to a person's mental health. I probably shouldn't spend as much of my time here as I do; I'm finding it difficult to believe that humanity is going to survive much longer than the next 10-20 years myself, at this point.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
It,s a shame this young woman seems to have had no one to put all this " The end is nigh " drivel in to perspective, seeing it for what it is, rubbish. An older person could have told her that deluded persons have been predicting the end of the world for hundreds of years at the very least.
And. that nothing ever happens, or is likely to, as a result of these barmy attention seeking nutters, for that is all they are....

Except that the activity as spelled out in the book of Revelation is proving prophetic.

What is sad is that people still don't believe in God and the promise He made in the Bible of gathering us all up (those who have the love of Jesus in their hearts) before tshtf.

All it would have taken was having Faith and it is the people of the world who are to blame for abandoning the only hope man ever had, the Love of God. Even tptb have an agenda of culling the population because they have no Faith other than in themselves.

I have been on conspiracy sites since 911 and have about heard it all. At no time is it so overwhelming that I abandon my Faith and decide it is too much to cope with so I am better off not seeing another day dawn.

Without hope there is despair and without Faith there is no hope.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
She was still a child, 16 is not old enough to rationalize while us adults know not to freek out if we think it "might" be true.
So sad, I hope she's at peace, bless her family.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

That,s fine, anoncholic, I respect your faith beliefs. Personally, I,m an atheist, and like to use my own thought processes to form my opinions on world events or personal matters. No disrespect intended.....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Thank you for the leeway, more than other sites are capable of.

As an atheist you have your own idea as to what is and what isn't so let me ask you a question... what in the history of man could have had us all on a different path with total harmony among all nations rather than the dysfunctional world we live in?

I am not talking about Religions here but the force that inspired them all. Perhaps you can explain how atheism would bring a diverse world together?

God gave us diversity to teach us acceptance and if we can't accept each other then how can any accept different species? (Think ET)

Do unto others is stressed for a reason, what we do to others we are doing to ourselves because we are all connected and that includes ET... it is a positive stream of energy that is harmonized and amplified through the single most powerful force in all creation... Love. That vibration is amplified beyond the boundaries of time itself and that connect to all is a denial atheists shortchange themselves of.

I respect your right to do as you will because ultimately you will do as you please and not what would please others. That isn't saying I don't feel a loss...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The world just got a little lighter.....

I have no sympathy for this girl. She seemed to not use any critical thinking, you can't just believe everything you read about these things, you should take everything with a pinch of salt. If you thought the world was going to end, and was so certain that you would hang yourself, then why would you kill yourself anyway? Why not just die when the world ends? At least then there is a chance that you would survive because it's not true (personaly, im not a 2012 believer).

No doubt people will jump on the bandwagon and blame people here and blame people there, but the fact is that there if no one to blame, it is her fault, no one elses. I may sound like a horrid person, or someone lacking in compasion, but in all seriousness, she did it, and it was no one elses fault.

this is sickening. it's sickening that you post got like 40 stars also-- she was just a kid who had a skewed view of reality because of some doomtards. young people are very impressionable. no doubt it isn't your fault that she killed herself, but i still think we should tread lightly with all this doom garbage for a while, who needs it anyway? what good does it do? and its always wrong anyway.

people try and have some compassion for your fellow human beings. i know its hard because the majority of people on forums or anywhere else for that matter these days tend to have the hive mindstate, but you can do it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Hello there, anoncholic. I,m not sure I understand your question, BUT, what I would say is that I feel the worlds religions have done little or nothing, at the very best, to promote peace and harmony amongst the people's of the world, with the possible exception of Buddhism.
Take Christianity. Protestant, Catholic, Methodist, whichever, all choose to interprete the Bible as they see fit, and argue about it. To the point where here in the u.k. Christians are sick of mainstream churches and their formalities, and opening their own churches, in community centres, village halls, even in a cinema, near me. And, as a result they are generally tolerant, as long as you like what they have to say . All this on top of steadily dwindling church
Congregations, and more and more churches and chapels being turned into private dwellings. I suspect your God would love to tear it all down and start again.. But it won,t be through any Armaggedon event, just apathy, I suspect. Sorry , off the topic...
P.s. on top of all this, remember, as dogs are related to wolves, so we are to our ancestors, just clever ( ? ) animals
With our primeval instincts lurking just below the thin veneer of being " civilised "

Regards.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm sitting here and reading this thread go by with a profound sense of sadness. This is by no means directed to any one ..or more... people. Although if someone thinks my thoughts include them in saying this, there might be some basis for it.

We have gathered on these boards many times now to lament the horrors of society and the evil kids can do onto each other when one or more of them decides to commit suicide but are too cowardly to do what this girl did. They have to kill many others FIRST in a school or mall shooting. In other cases, it's their own families they shoot to pieces and THEN kill themselves. I rarely, if ever, hear people doubting the basis of THOSE kids and suggesting they were just weak minded idiots who couldn't cope...and so..good riddens.

Those are the very ones I think we OUGHT to feel that way about, by the way. However, when a young teenage girl loses herself to despair, depression and fear to the point of quietly taking her OWN life....just hers....it's a source of endless ridicule and derision.

Whats wrong with this picture? The punks killing innocent people first almost seem to gain a cult following among some here. This poor girl? Just a pathetic piece of garbage to wonder why anyone even bothered to share the story, to hear many speak tonight.

Yes... It's sadness. Not anger, not even disgust. Just sadness. If we can't even find an ounce of empathy within ourselves for a 16yr old girl who is dead today, and shouldn't be, then what have we to show when the situation is far closer to home and that empathy might truly make all the difference to others?

Ok well I guess I havent been on this site long enough to see that. I think I understand what your saying though. Lets use columbine for an example. In this case I see a bunch of popular kids picking on these kids. Probably using physical abuse half the time. So the argument is that these popular kids pushed them to the brink, a lot of the time by physically hurting them.

This girl acted alone, and purely on written words. Nothing spoken and no physical harm happened. It would be a better argument if the girls house had been physically shaken in an attempt to convince her of an increase in earthquakes. Maybe then would your comparison hold water.

Actually there were a fair share of people at my school who didn't deserve to live. Not that I would ever kill anyone based entirely on character. You can not deny that there are some straight scumbags in schools. These kids were not killing themselves because of a fear that something would happen that probably wont. They killed themselves so they were not captured by the police, who would do so for sure. There was certainty in the columbine case. The Columbine shooters true intention was to kill the people who had caused them so much pain, killing themselves just happened to be the end result.

This is like attacking The Boondock Saints for promoting violent solutions to evil. Imagine if the Columbine shooters had seen the Boondock Saints at one point. Would that movie have to take some responsibility. I dont believe it should, people should be responsible for their own action
´

Wrabbit2000 and Renegade2283. Both of you post are vey insightful. From my point of view this is about karma going around. The person who snaps and pays back with violence was created by the group and people complain about the outcome and do not want to take responsability for their actions. Extreme hate and pain from his/her experiance creates insanity in a person that is completly logical. Some people decide to kill themselves before they create more missary around them. If you want a place where things like this do not happen make sure you do not allow people to "poke the bear". Some people can handle free will and should have it. Some people cant and should not be allowed it at all until they can. I am probably myself somewhere in beetween

Thank you both for your post. Ps I do not know if this young girl had any hate in her or was just feed up. She was born to soon. The enviroment/system was not ready for her and she deserved better. Humanity will create it's own heaven or hell depending on the choices it makes.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A widely accepted conspiracy theory is what put the USA at war with Iraq. I'm still waiting to see those WMDs that I've been paying taxes to defend myself from for over nine years now.

In any case conspiracy theories cannot be blamed for the girl's death. She did it to herself.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally poste
d by Talltexxxan

Why would you kill yourself?

If I was as certain as the girl, that the world was gonna end, I would want to stick around for the show.

After all, it would be a once in a lifeti.......spiecies event.
hope you brought your sunglasses

I say a Visual !!!

Knowing - Ending scene

OR another !! Look

The Road - Official Trailer [HD]

From the Movie something I would tend to think would Happen when we go through that Interstellar Cloud
as True LEGIT Sites Like NASA , Daily Science, Space.com Famed University Sites Etc..
. Show Something is UP in the Near Future .....

The Legit Sites all Say practically the Same thing that We WILL go Through this Charged Up Cloud
and Our Whole Solar System will interact with it !

As the Movie ( The Road ) Really does not Say what started nor what Caused this Doomsday Event ...

Will IT happen around December 2012 I Doubt it .... tho...
allot of # is Happening within the Last 5 Months

The Non- Fictional Reality From the Speakers from Multimedia Press News Channels ...
of what has been going on around the World .... ( Mostly North America )

CALAMITY UPON THE EARTH THREE MONTHS IN 2012

Scientist Claim within 100 years! Our Earth Will... go through a Interstellar Cloud
and its Not Our Solar System First Rodeo Either !

Its really Starting to make me think That Claimed 100 years til we Hit That Local Interstellar Cloud

Is Much MUCH Sooner ! or We are just getting the Effects of it Now ....

Astronomy Picture of the Day 2002 February 10 The Local Interstellar Cloud
apod.nasa.gov...

. Much remains unknown about the local ISM, including details of its distribution, its origin, and how it affects the Sun and the Earth.

Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery
science.nasa.gov...

December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

Ribbon at Edge of Our Solar System: Will the Sun Enter a Million-Degree Cloud of Interstellar Gas?

ScienceDaily (May 21, 2010) — Is the Sun going to enter a million-degree galactic cloud of interstellar gas soon?
www.sciencedaily.com...

Sun May Soon Plunge Into Hot Cloud of Interstellar Gas
by Phil Berardelli on 25 May 2010, 5:33 PM
news.sciencemag.org...

to bad for the 16 year Old ...
but Bible Thumping Republican Conservatives in Political Power will Jump on this One !!

I would Rather Live and Have Front Row Seats!! for a Armageddon Doomsday !

edit on 19-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

edit on 19-5-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Bah.Who cares. Let the dreamers dream their insane dream, Seekers seek, and the true Children play with their hidden friends.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
That is very sad that someone ended their so young

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

And so it starts.

A little earlier than I expected.

Expect more of these cases to occur. That's what all these illuminati-alien-mayan-calendar theories are for.

Poor girl...she obviously had nobody to bring her back to reality.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

But while searching for answers she began researching doomsday scenarios - becoming convinced a nuclear reactor meltdown would end civilisation in the coming months

There is a new 50+ flags Fukushima fear-mongering thread on ATS almost every week. Its sad to see where lies told in those threads can lead.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

If you thought the world was going to end, and was so certain that you would hang yourself, then why would you kill yourself anyway? Why not just die when the world ends?

With your family, next to them.

This is a message to everyone, not to research these things because they're dangerous.....

Please, I've been reading doom and gloom for years, not only that but watching it on the NEWS!
For years.

I guess all the doom from news and news papers wasn't a factor along with TV it self.

No of course not, it was her researching 2012 only.
What a load of bollocks.

My heart and sympathy go out to her and her family.
Rest in peace.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This is why you should take everything with a pinch of salt.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm currently volunteering at a youth club in my town. The kids like watching stuff on you tube showing each other funny videos and the like. However last week they were watching a video on RFID chips and the mark of the beast conspiracies. After watching it, they were all terrified asking me whether they will be chipped in the future. Many talk about the illuminati and nwo. I find myself in an uncomfortable position of trying to de mystify these topics , without scaring the hell out of them. It's a difficult world for young people. Bombarded with information for a variety of sources. I do believe kids should be better educated at analysing sources and content. Not going to be easy as we see here on ATS.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
She may have had an underlying mental health issue that those around her missed. At any rate, the suicide of an otherwise healthy 16 year old is sad. But you can't blame it on those who are talking about Dec 21st. That would be silly.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The 2012 Phenomenon (and why it is so VERY dangerous to perpetuate this nonsense...)

Very sad indeed.

However, the article headline pisses me off somewhat. They could have blamed her belief in Buddhism just as much as her research into 2012 theories.

Once again the tabloids have completely missed the main lesson to be learn here and have opted instead for an article and headline which will sell newspapers.

'But the simple and perfect world she sought, where all living things would be treated with compassion and equality, was never going to materialise.

'Unfortunately the future for her in her eyes must have seemed very bleak.

'Sadly there were too many bad points for her to contend with and the lure to opt out was too compelling.

'We can only conclude that she wasn't prepared to adjust to adulthood with all the complications, injustice and, for her, unhappiness that came with it.'

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sad, but she must of had some other problems in here life, its easy to blame the doom and gloom threads all over the internet, but what about the media, and there broadcasts of War, Terror attacks, natural catastrophies, nuclear problems, etc...... Plus the fact that people have been predicting the end of the World for Hundreds if not Thousands of years and has yet to come true, Sadly I dont feel sorry for her, it was her choice, and she chose. RIP, and may your journey out of the Physical realm and into the Spiritual realm be an easy transition,
edit on 19-5-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join