It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Minutes Is Too Long...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Brilliant

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You know another discovery the microwave helped me make? I used to think running to the bathroom to pee took a long time. Then, one day, standing in front of the microwave doing the peepee dance, I had 1 minute and I decided to run to the bathroom. I went and went, and it seemed to take forever, and then I ran back and the microwave still had 20 seconds to go! I never realized a trip to the bathroom takes less than 1 minute.

Well, at least we now know you didn't wash your hands afterwards...

ETA Couldn't resist.

edit on 18/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

Well... its perfectly fine... you see: its his food, his microwave, and his "lower parts"... so, its just a weird biological cycle. Its called "recycling"

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by David134
I had to laugh as I read this. I dont know how many times I have gotten angry at myself for the very same thing with the microwave. When did my life get so busy that 2 minutes was to long for a hot bowl of soup. And the days when you had to pull over and find a pay phone. Now the thing in your pocket can make a phone call are pull up you ATS page from anywhere. And you get upset cause it takes the page to long to load. LOL.

"Progress" Some times I wonder. Thank you for this wonderful post.

Thank you for reading!
I noticed not long ago, that there isn't even a payphone left in my small town except for inside the mall and Wal-Mart. I can't remember the last time I saw one off the side of the road. I guess the old saying about the only thing that stays the same is change, rings pretty true. I suppose progress is indeed a double sword!

You know another discovery the microwave helped me make? I used to think running to the bathroom to pee took a long time. Then, one day, standing in front of the microwave doing the peepee dance, I had 1 minute and I decided to run to the bathroom. I went and went, and it seemed to take forever, and then I ran back and the microwave still had 20 seconds to go! I never realized a trip to the bathroom takes less than 1 minute.

This made me LOL as I have done the same thing. I always find it weird that time seems to drag on and on at times and other times it passes so fast, you wish for more of it. Don't worry about washing your hands either...the radiation from the microwave should sanitize it well enough lol. j/k

Originally posted by Nite_wing
You're microwave is faster than mine. I'm jealous.

PS. I though I was the only one who had to pee when standing in front of the microwave.
Maybe we should ask Congress to form a committe and study this phenomenon.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

If I add in the amount of time it takes me to go outside and flip the breaker after the microwave kicks it off every time... you are probably done with your food by the time mine cooks for "2 minutes"!

Originally posted by UFO1414

Good rant. However, the world today is completely different than it was say 25 years ago. Since the "information age" took over and everyone is basically accessible 24/7, it unfortunately has become the norm. You were born 25 years too soon and understand the word "patience". I'm in your corner and although I may seem calm on the outside to many, I'm impatient as h-e-double hockeys sticks on the inside.

I'm afraid the current generation will never understand patience.
edit on 18-5-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

I am also one who tries to appear calm on the outside, but have become more impatient by the year on the inside. Hence the post!

I suppose we should just be happy that we at least know what it is, because I agree with you... I don't think that most of the current generation will ever grasp the concept. However, with the present state of the economy, I feel that more will come to know it than would have otherwise. Thank you for reading!

Originally posted by nixie_nox
A watched pot never boils now translates to a watched microwave never beeps in 2012.

I love this! It made me smile and lol.

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds
Brilliant

Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to read my lengthy post!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think we've forgotten that nothing is something worth doing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I think we've forgotten that nothing is something worth doing.

Stated perfectly in just a few words!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Well, at least we now know you didn't wash your hands afterwards...

ETA Couldn't resist.

edit on 18/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

One of my favorite movie lines ever is at 50 seconds into this clip. It is relevant, I promise.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

lol

who is the guy in teh suit? he looks familiar but i can't place him.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi. Thank you for posting this thread. It is insightful and also very true. We live in a very impatient society where instant gratification is not just wanted, it is expected. Most of us experience this without even realising it. Sometimes it's important to just stop and breathe. I loved your story about the soup. A pot of homemade soup, which someone has slaved over and made with love and it has taken them hours, beats a 2 minute microwaved soup any day of the week. I shared your post with a few of my friends by email, I hope that is okay with you. Thanks.

edit on 19/5/2012 by Sepheryn because: to correct a couple of spelling mistakes

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

lol

who is the guy in teh suit? he looks familiar but i can't place him.

Ving Rhames playing Don King in the movie Don King: Only in America

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sepheryn

More than ok with me! Thank you for reading and for the nice words!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

LMAO! Haven't seen that movie before so the line had extra impact.

Touché!

ETA Is it just me or does Ving look tiny in that movie? I'm used to him being larger than life, maybe it's cos the other guy was so tall?

edit on 20/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know what made this pop up for me, but I still stand by it. I guess stuff like this is what people keep journals. I came back a reread this and it bought back many, many, memories for me. I was still kind of new to ATS and couldn't resist sharing. These archives are pretty freaking awesome!!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I don't know what made this pop up for me, but I still stand by it. I guess stuff like this is what people keep journals. I came back a reread this and it bought back many, many, memories for me. I was still kind of new to ATS and couldn't resist sharing. These archives are pretty freaking awesome!!

Thanks for bringing this out of the woodwork! Great 'rant'

And I was just thinking of making some homeade chicken soup

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Made me laugh at work! XD

I find it ironic too in a funny kind of way. Time literally feels like it's on fast-forward these days because of this technological era. I mean, we're in September already! Where did the year go?

But the very moment we have to wait for something time sloowwwss dowwwn. The world is often throwing these messages out too that feed this impatience. I don't know how many commercials/advertisements I've had in my face like "Why wait?! When you can blah blah blah." Or "tired of waiting for blah blah." And these messages do go into our subconscious I think to help create the perfect little consumer. Maybe we need to slow down too. Just a little bit. I think also because of our lifestyle we often feel rushed and this overlaps into the part of our lives where we simply don't need to rush.

*Edit to add, I didn't take notice of the date of the OP this time. But I feel it is still totally applicable.

edit on 392014 by MoonMystic because: ...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: palmalBlue2

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for bringing this out of the woodwork! Great 'rant'

And I was just thinking of making some homeade chicken soup

Thank you for that.
I hope your chicken soup is delicious and that you waited patiently for it.

a reply to: MoonMystic

I dug it out last night myself. I didn't know that it would show up new for some people until I saw the above post this morning.

I ran across it by accident. I had no clue I could check every thread I had ever made by just clicking on the icons for the forums. So naturally when I found out, I had to dig up some of my earliest posts. I had a few more along these lines I posted back then, but can not find them as easily.

I am glad you enjoyed it though. I love to write about anything really, and it's always nice to know that someone out there reads it and likes/agrees with it.

So thank you for letting me know.

ETA - I did find the series of threads I was looking for. If anyone is interested...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Something to add: I read somewhere, sometime ago, that it takes average 21 seconds to do the little job, regardless if you are a cat, dog or human. Don´t know if it´s true but I started counting and the average is really about 20 seconds

top topics

<< 1   >>

join