It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ron Paul delegates in Maine pledge to fight on"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Source

...at least 20 of the states [Maine] 24 delegates to the Republican National Convention will carry Paul banners...

The hope is still evident. Not only within his online "Paulites" cult leaders or whatever we are being labeled as these days...

...In an email to supporters Monday, Paul urged his backers to remain involved in politics and to champion his causes. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted, Paul said in his statement. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. ...

Respect this man, as he does not choose to waste money he simply does not have anymore. DO NOT listen to the MSM. Paul is still in it!
edit on 18-5-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
S&F, PA!

I created a thread last night advising others that this fight is not over yet! Funny enough none of the normal naysayers even bothered to address it.

Shameless Plug of My Thread

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
From the DP web site, Looks like it was a clean sweep in Maine

We Won Maine with a 100% sweep!
We elected a Ron Paul Convention Chair.
We elected a Ron Paul Convention Secretary.
We elected a Ron Paul State Committee Man and Woman.
We elected 2 Ron Paul National Electors.
The total Delegates for Maine is 24. We can elect 21 and we did that. Every Delegate for Maine to Tampa is a Ron Paul Delegate. Every Alternate Delegate for Maine to Tampa is a Ron Paul Delegate. We even took a decisive share of the State Republican Committee for Ron Paul supporters. Now we are in the driver's seat of the Maine Republican Party. 15 = Elected RP Delegates 6 = 3 each from 2 Congressional Districts 3 = Party choices and Automatic. It was glorious! Liberty prevailed. We did it with hard work and playing by the Rules.
Ron Paul 2012!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sirric

Good!
Clean sweep in Maine is just what we were all expecting though, right? I mean yeah the beauty contest was a pretty rigged up joke, but it has been a big RP state now even since the last election. Good to see that liberty has in fact prevailed!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i dont get it, can you explain please. i live in the UK ron paul is just 'another' canditate way behind, no chance, where do you base your system, is it the same religion bunk the rest of the world left behind a couple of hundred years ago?
and the 'ones who vote there boy in'?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkelbaum
i dont get it, can you explain please. i live in the UK ron paul is just 'another' canditate way behind, no chance, where do you base your system, is it the same religion bunk the rest of the world left behind a couple of hundred years ago?
and the 'ones who vote there boy in'?

The system is set up so if there are 2 people with a split in the bound delegates resulted from the actual voters of each State, the delegates can then vote any way they want after the first bound count. Romney will have way over the bound count necessary so all of this delegate grabbing is hot air, it will never get to that stage. Once the balloons drop and Romney is the Nominee, all them delegates are nothing more than spectators at the party, with no say or duty left.

Ron Paul said he will not get the nomination, he knows this but his supporters are dellusional. All he wants at this point is for the GOP to adopt some of his ideas and get a speaking position at the Convention to point to to say he was a somebody. He doesnt encourage them to be this fanatical as far as I seen, but he doesn't discourage it really either because it may put pressure on the GOP to elevate his stature at the national Convention.

The followers are basically used stooges in his ego trip, so to speak, at least that is what it looks like to sane people.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is old news...why are you recycling old news???

Ron Paul's campaign said they have no reasonable chance of winning the nomination...why do you still think he is "in it"???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Surely the Paulbots are taking their delusional state of mind to new, unhealthy and worrying extremes.

Their Messiah's miniscule chances of winning the nomination are dead - and they're not going to be resurrected.

It's over; let it go.

Go and find a new cult to fellow. Actually, on second thoughts, it would be better if you don't.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Ron Paul never said any such thing.

“Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination,” campaign chairman Jesse Benton wrote in a strategy memo. “However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.”

His campaign chairman did, and it's always been clear Romney had more delegates than Paul, but Paul is still fighting the good fight but can't compete with Romney's $$ and influence.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

To say that someone is out of it would to be an implication of failure... People said Gingrich was still in it when he only had one state and people said santorum was "in it " when he still showed a deficit to Romney in votes... So that Ron Paul is still "in it" has no bearing to if he is winning, tied, or losing. I am just tryin to maintain the hope, something Obamas campaign wrongfully thrived on, so there is no problem in what I said, or at least I fail to see it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Bitter clingers are throwing up threads every day as if RP was still in this race!

The party is over, folks!!

The OP has 15 flags so far for saying nothing more than "it ain't over!!"

Sorry to break the news to you but it's BEEN OVER.
edit on 18-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am sorry you have a problem with hope. People want liberty, some of us will not stop until we get it. And it is not over, unless you would care to enlighten us with valid information.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is Ron Paul out or is he Winning?

Maybe this will help clear this up for those that seem to have no real clue in this thread..

edit on 18-5-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

I am sorry you have a problem with hope. People want liberty, some of us will not stop until we get it. And it is not over, unless you would care to enlighten us with valid information.

In all sincerity, I share your sentiments.

I just happen to know that when it’s over, it’s over…and RP’s bid is over.

I will enlighten you! RP still has work to do. I understand your commitment and your desire to defend him. Face the fact that he’s out and keep supporting his agenda and principles. Anything more makes YOU look ridiculous, because the reality is that RP is out as POTUS.

Someone PLEASE make an honest thread about RP and his current status!!!

edit on 18-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

The OP has 15 flags so far for saying nothing more than "it ain't over!!"

the flags speak for themselves. you saying "its over" dont mean s@#$t
edit on 19-5-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

In all sincerity, I share your sentiments.

Since when?

C'mon, just admit it. We all know you support the establishment candidate/s because you tend to voice that anyone not submitting to the mainstream status quo 'republican' candidate as being "fanatical". You're no different than the 'fanatic' mainstream liberals on here who bash Ron Paul daily. Same agenda, different political party. It gets old, and one day this BS will change via collapse or an uprising/revolution whether you like it or not.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join