It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs during Satellite launch

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Let me clear another thing up for you. I never presented 'evidence'. I presented an interesting video.
I also never said:

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
......... yet insist they are of alien origin.

Alien origin? Really?
You're using way too much creative license and exaggeration just to make your point.

Close minded people such as yourself just waste my time and I don't intend to give you another second of it.

This must be Bizzaro World for I couldn't be any MORE opened minded. I just don't like know-it-alls and arrogance.

See ya!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey Human, let me ask you a question as I'm a bit curious. Please don't get upset or your feathers ruffled up, I'm just very curious about this. You said this 2 posts ago:

Human_Alien

I have no problem with opposing views as long as there's a modicum of uncertainty. I take great exception when people are viewing something at the same exact vantage point as I and YET......they know what it is.
I don't buy it nor do I like it.

You are not the only one that seems to act this way, or have expressed themselves this way here on ATS (and not just about UFOs, but other subjects as well). What I'm wondering is, when you go to the doctor, do you feel this way about them? They have years and years of medical training, and (unless you yourself are also a medical doctor), have much more experience and training than you in this area, so when they put an x-ray up, and you are both looking at it, they (the doctor) will see and understand it better than you (that goes for all sorts of things too: MRI scans, lab test results, or just the symptoms you tell them about).

Do you also feel this way about them? If so, why? And if not, why?

I have seen posts in this thread where the skeptics come of rather rude. But then, I've also seen it the other way around too. I'm just not sure who threw the first punch is all, but can understand hostile feelings or posts if it's because you feel like you're attacked all the time, etc.

Trust me, us skeptics don't have it easy either. You have people like me that are willing to entertain the thought that something might be extra ordinary or out of this world, but if we feel or know it's not, we'll try to explain it, but we take a beating too because there are those that post rather insulting posts ("It's stars, stupid!"), or because way back in the past, we had people give stupid explanations (swamp gas..........why did he have to say "swamp gas"?
).

I do know that a lot of Ufologist suffer the same thing. They try to be serious about the subject, and even scientific about it, only to have someone show up and go: "Oh, it's a UFO! I know because the Venusian Princess came to me in my dreams and after a long stretch of love making, told me in her breathy voice about the Venusian invasion plans of Earth!"

Just curious as I see a LOT of hostility on both sides.
edit on 20-5-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
[
Plus, I don't like arrogance and I especially don't like agents working as a 'damage control' buffer-er for the government!
Hope that helps clear things up.

Be well

You don't seem to have any uncertainty that this is happening here. But IMHO it's a nasty gimmick to avoid facing some assertions of fact -- not interpretations, but fact -- that you just don't like.

Bragging that you refuse to even READ somebody's article that provides answers to specific questions that you yourself posed is no way to prove how flexible and open-minded you are, as you claim.

Do you have any evidence that this "agents" angle has actually ever happened around here? Or is it more self-serving self-delusion to support bizarre counter-factual interpretations you favor?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

You are not the only one that seems to act this way, or have expressed themselves this way here on ATS (and not just about UFOs, but other subjects as well). What I'm wondering is, when you go to the doctor, do you feel this way about them? They have years and years of medical training, and (unless you yourself are also a medical doctor), have much more experience and training than you in this area, so when they put an x-ray up, and you are both looking at it, they (the doctor) will see and understand it better than you (that goes for all sorts of things too: MRI scans, lab test results, or just the symptoms you tell them about).

It depends. If I am going because I am weak and falling to my knees and he performs blood tests that determines I have a staph infection then, no. I won't doubt him.

HOWEVER if I am going for a headache, he will ask me some questions and then GUESS (allergies, stress, migraine) what might be the cause and send me on my way with a bottle of aspirin.

I see this video as a 'headache' because we can not perform any forensic study on it.
We're sitting back and guessing due to what we might've seen before or just a hunch.

A doctor might also guess at my headache based on 10 prior patients suffering the same ailment after hiking in the park. So he'll take an educated guess and say it's something in the air.
BUT.......I might have a brain tumor for all he knows WITHOUT thorough studying. But doctors typically don't send you off for C-scans unless it's chronic and very severe.

This video is a regular headache being diagnosed very informally.

Good enough?
edit on 20-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim Oberg.

Forgive me but I simply don't like what/who you stand/work for. I do not trust (therefore dislike) NASA with every fiber of my body. Maybe if they weren't part of the government and was a private entity (like SETI used to be) then maybe it would be different but...it's not.
It only takes one time to spoil it for everyone and everything. There is no doubt in any one's awake mind that NASA is covering up alien UFO crafts.
So...anyone associated with an agency like that already has my disrespect immediately.

Now, if you were to come clean and disassociate yourself with them then maybe I'd be interested in reading your homepage. But as it stands right now, I've seen your foot-work and I for one do not like nor appreciate it.

What happens is, you are probably correct and telling the truth about a lot of things but because of the few times you played dumb OR...you really didn't know what you were talking about, was enough for me to be very suspicious behind your motive thus: your opinion.

Sorry Mr Oberg. I really don't like disliking people. Honestly! But I have no problem at all..... disliking organizations like NASA and to me, you are them.

edit on 20-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: corrected NASA

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The aliens are checking out the rocket! maybe they're racing it, mocking us at the same time!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisper
The aliens are checking out the rocket! maybe they're racing it, mocking us at the same time!

If they were, then why are there no witness reports of UFOs?

You'd think that someone saw them if the camera did. The same goes for all the other examples of launches that were posted on here. Why did no one report UFOs?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm

You'd think that someone saw them if the camera did. The same goes for all the other examples of launches that were posted on here. Why did no one report UFOs?

That is the silliest and most presumptuous line of thinking I've read.

Maybe these objects (IF...they were UFOs) were above the clouds and out of the field of vision?....or maybe no one cares about these dime-a-dozen launches and no one was paying attention or watching?

Besides, it's not like this took place on 4th of July where thousands were affixed to the sky!

Sheesh!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I see this video as a 'headache' because we can not perform any forensic study on it.
We're sitting back and guessing due to what we might've seen before or just a hunch.

Speak for yourself, and as has become the pattern, you seem to assume that the limits on your own knowledge and experience are the same limits that everyone else has.

Why don't you go determine the bright stars that were in that portion of the sky at that time and location, and see if you can establish a failure-to-match. Until some such proof is presented, since the lights behave exactly the way passing star images have behaved on countless earlier night launch videos, the presumption they are stars is overwhelming.

Find us a reason to doubt that presumption.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

That is the silliest and most presumptuous line of thinking I've read.

Maybe these objects (IF...they were UFOs) were above the clouds and out of the field of vision...Sheesh!

THEN
HOW
DID
THE
CAMERA
ON
THE
GROUND
SEE
THEM?

SHEESH!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

It depends. If I am going because I am weak and falling to my knees and he performs blood tests that determines I have a staph infection then, no. I won't doubt him.

HOWEVER if I am going for a headache, he will ask me some questions and then GUESS (allergies, stress, migraine) what might be the cause and send me on my way with a bottle of aspirin.

A doctor might also guess at my headache based on 10 prior patients suffering the same ailment after hiking in the park. So he'll take an educated guess and say it's something in the air.
BUT.......I might have a brain tumor for all he knows WITHOUT thorough studying. But doctors typically don't send you off for C-scans unless it's chronic and very severe.

This video is a regular headache being diagnosed very informally.

Good enough?
edit on 20-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

Yes that's more than "Good enough".

Please again, I was just merely curious about something and asked how you felt about something. Please don't get upset with me.

I would recommend you don't wait until you have symptoms of something however. There are a lot of things out there that by the time you feel the symptoms, it's too late. Being a Type 2 diabetic, I can tell you that from personal experience.
So try to get a exam at least once a year just so they can test for anything that might not be normal, but does not show any symptoms yet.

Back to the topic:

I firmly believe we're seeing stars in those videos. You believe it's something else. That's just fine and dandy, since either way it won't change the fact that tomorrow we're both going to wake up and eat breakfast.....

So let's agree to disagree on those videos and move on. Leave the anger and frustration behind. Like I said, I can present what I think it is, and some proof or other evidence that supports what I say. However, if it doesn't convince you, then it doesn't convince you. It won't make me angry or upset.

If it makes you angry and upset or just really frustrated, sorry about that, but you need to understand that not everyone sees the world through your eyes, because we all come from different walks of life.
edit on 20-5-2012 by eriktheawful because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
IMO, stars in the background. Trajectory of the rocket, panning of the camera, mundane "movement" of the "UFOs". I don't get why OP gets so defensive when posters disagree with him.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

So please don't tell me what I do or do NOT have a clue of.

If these are satellites then I demand better telephone reception from now on!!!

But you can't even work out basic perspective with your claims of aircraft 'shooting up' out of the Atlantic. It is no wonder that you get all worked up because people challenge what you think you are seeing in videos, etc. But obviously you know better. Remind us all when the 'truth' it is going to come crashing down around the ears of those 'non-believers'? People film and see things and completely misinterpret them all the time. You just have to look at the videos of Alison Kruse to see examples of that. Yes I know you get all upset about people casting doubt on Alison's videos but it is a reality. She misrepresents aviation that is in her locality and will be filming 'them' for decades to come. You want people to open their eyes to the 'truth' but all we see in these type of videos is the over active imagination of people who sometimes throw reality out of the window.

Watch what happens at 02:59 onwards in the following video. To some the blinking lights and what happened afterwards couldn't possibly be anything man-made. Reality is lost on some of the 'UFO' community.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler

No stars don't move that fast period.

You are making that assumption in error. You are failing to realise the camera is tracking the rocket. The sense of movement is therefore lost on some of those trying to interpret what is happening.

See following videos where you can gain a perspective of movement during the early stages due to cloud. Now go back and view the OP video when you comprehend that the camera is tracking with the rocket.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You are not the only one that seems to act this way, or have expressed themselves this way here on ATS (and not just about UFOs, but other subjects as well). What I'm wondering is, when you go to the doctor, do you feel this way about them?

For what it's worth, this board is anything but professional opinions. It's full of rampant misidentified objects by people who act like they are as you say, "professionals." But they are anything but. Check out any new UFO video thread, and you will have 3 or 4 definitive answers as to what the object was.. usually on the first couple of pages. It gets tiresome.

You have cases like the Turkey UFO.. and I've seen it said it was "debunked," by people who are convinced it is everything from yachts, to bridges, to something across the bay. So I don't mind educated opinions, or even wild guesses, as long as they are touted as such. But most of the gibberish by the skeptics (and debunkers) is know-it-all conclusions, that are at odds with all the other "expert" opinions, that think it's something else entirely. So your analogy for this site at least, leaves a lot to be desired.

Common sense says these are stars, but yes, the OP gets very defensive very quickly if you are at odds with his own opinion. Just his MO.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes I do.

Now sources please?

Hold up there cowboy. I must determine if you're qualified although I have a feeling you'll say whatever it takes.

So, do you believe in contactees? Abductees?

Qualified?

I'm getting an idea of just how reliable your sources are.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have actually seen the same thing when I used to take video of aircraft around where I used to live in Toronto. As the day turned towards dusk, and the sun began to set, I would often pick up stars in the background behind the aircraft that I was viewing with my telescope. The altitude of the various aircraft I were viewing were anywhere from 13,000 to 24,000 feet. Aircraft reflecting the sun at high altitudes with their massive contrails during a late sunset are quite beautiful.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Strange, maybe they were silenced, maybe to embarrassed to come forwards? we will never realllly know....

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Strange, maybe they were silenced, maybe to embarrassed to come forwards? we will never realllly know....

Before we go speculating for what reason a witness to these 'UFO" would keep silent, we need to first establish that these actually were UFOs seen by witness, and not simply stars in the sky that appear to move because the camera is panning in order to track the rocket.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join