It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs during Satellite launch

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoiter
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It's possible that they are some kind of lens flare, but if you look closely at around 1:04 to 1:10 they appear to be slowly drifting away from the rocket, and moving out of sync with it. Lens flare would seem most likely though as they disappear simultaneously.

edit on 19-5-2012 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

Not knowing squat about photography, why would lens flares show up periodically like that?
Just asking because I honestly don't know.
Thanks

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Quite honestly to me the debunkers seem to be the equivalent to vultures circling fresh road kill. Hungry with an adgenda they are the first to show up. Good Grief!

If you want to see UFOs in real life, set your alarm clock for 5-5:30 am and go out every day of the week and walk your dog. Eventually, you may see stuff that makes your hair stand up and questions race through your mind asking why and what?

Those ufos look like the Fu from World War II the piolts saw over Germany.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

If you want to see UFOs in real life, set your alarm clock for 5-5:30 am and go out every day of the week and walk your dog. Eventually, you may see stuff that makes your hair stand up and questions race through your mind asking why and what?

Just wondering, but why specifically between 5-5:30 am?

Don't you have the same chance of seeing something any time you go outside?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Quite honestly to me the debunkers seem to be the equivalent to vultures circling fresh road kill. Hungry with an adgenda they are the first to show up. Good Grief!

Those ufos look like the Fu from World War II the piolts saw over Germany.

Thanks for de-visual on the de-bunkers.

Hell, I made a thread not too long ago questioning why was I seeing star-sized UFOs almost every night for 2 weeks??
Interesting enough, other people were seeing this too.
(side note: the same week I saw a red triangle UFO float over my house but, that's in another thread)

And here's a big fat empathetic NO to anyone who might suggest this: They were NOT satellites or air crafts that we're privy to because they are changing trajectory mid-flight at a very VERY high altitude. I'd say over 40,000 feet asl.

So...are these stars in the OP?
Maybe.
Are UFOs flying around regardless if this OP depicts stars?
Abso-friggin-lutely but....... Jim Oberg will have you think differently though.

So sad.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
You were hired to be the Michael Shermer (Skeptic Magazine) for NASA.
It really ends there!

If you are really interested in my responses to your questions you would already have found them on my home page, the space age myths and legends section, in the "99 FAQs on 'Space UFOs'". Please check it out.You're not the first, and sadly won't be the last, UFO enthusiast to conjure up fantasy explanations for inconvenient testimonies, to justify closing your eyes and mind to alternative ideas and to more reality-based descriptions of spaceflight phenomena.

It's because SOME such sightings really CAN be crucial to recognize properly, that I'm interested in improving ways to spot, recognize, diagnose, and react to such events. It's not all aliens, nor is it all nonsense. Help differentiate the worthy from the noise, and stop promoting further obscuration and garbling of the genre, because it's important to focus on really important events of this type.

People I know have died because an event of this type was NOT recognized in a timely fashion [the Columbia disaster is an example]. So don't keep fantasizing convenient excuses.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nice UFO shots.. but what's the name of that song, I love it :-)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

(side note: the same week I saw a red triangle UFO float over my house but, that's in another thread)

And here's a big fat empathetic NO to anyone who might suggest this: They were NOT satellites or air crafts that we're privy to because they are changing trajectory mid-flight at a very VERY high altitude. I'd say over 40,000 feet asl.

Why a "big fat empathetic NO"? Seriously Human_Alien. no offense intended but you are stumbling about making these claims without a real clue. I admit that you are honest and own up to these things, but it doesn't stop you making outlandish comments in posts. For example have you ever thought about going on a photography course? It would certainly assist you when trying to interprete all the footage that you watch on the internet - especially the anomalies that both cameras and lens can cause.

In regards to aviation you are also really clueless. Again no offense intended but your continued gaffes on the subject are more than apparent. You claim that aircraft can't be in holding patterns at altitudes that are conducive to contrails. Your exact phrase was 'Aircraft don't hold at 30,000 feet". Try joining an aviation forum or group and get some knowledge under your belt. This innocence in regards to aviation is clearly affecting your interpretation of what you are seeing. So now aircraft can't change trajectory at very high altitude? Think about? Some people are baffled by aircraft at all alitudes at night showing navigational lights. Some people are baffled because they can't hear engines and that includes in the daytime too. The lights gives them an impression of triangular shaped aircraft and away they go into fantasy land with their beliefs. They want to believe and their lack of knowledge or mis-representation of it clouds their judgement.

You see this type of video constantly on YT.

Satellites can also fool people.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wouldnt they all be heading is the same direction, if they were stars?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodSister

The americans and other agencies have some pretty futuristic craft out there.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

Why a "big fat empathetic NO"? Seriously Human_Alien. no offense intended but you are stumbling about making these claims without a real clue.

How would you know what my 'clue' quotient is or isn't?

This is off topic but the star-sized UFOs I was seeing a while back were making 90-degree turns. They'd be heading east then SUDDENLY go north. Quickly.

So please don't tell me what I do or do NOT have a clue of.

If these are satellites then I demand better telephone reception from now on!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
People I know have died because an event of this type was NOT recognized in a timely fashion [the Columbia disaster is an example]. So don't keep fantasizing convenient excuses.

In my opinion?..... the Columbia was shot down.
This is why I have no interest in your home-page Mr Oberg.

I respect you as a fellow human Being (honestly I do) but as a high-profiled person in this community of UFOs, I feel you're doing a great disservice for the truth. The REAL truth.

We don't CARE about the identifiable objects that you point out.
We care about why you and NASA won't admit that there are objects out there that are NOT ours.

Why is that?
Of course that's a rhetorical question because we know 'why'.

Sorry folks.....I go off topic when Mr Oberg pays my threads a visit....but I feel a need to TRY to get to the bottom of the cover-up.
Yeah.
Good luck with that one!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by eriktheawful

That's an interesting approach and one I subscribe to so why is it or should I ask, how is it, the Obergs out there KNOW that they are stars? Because stars are known to be in the sky?

It's almost to the point where if I post these types of videos, I can instantly read people! From the arrogant to ones with an agenda. The clueless ones and of course, the humble ones.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious my friend !

It's more than likely the mind set of the people themselves. Everything about a person, their up bringing, their exposure to things. What they are educated in, not educated in. How they feel about the world in general, and even their own lives.

I grew up all around the world and was exposed to many cultures. I took an interest in astronomy at a very early age and started to learn what is up in that night sky. I joined the navy and worked on radar / weapon systems, then moved on in the civilian world, working with electrical and electronic engineering. So I have a formal education very grounded in science.
My interest in astronomy had me getting telescopes and eventually using cameras to take astrophotos. During this, I learn quite a bit about photography (as this was in the days of using film. CCD's were just getting started).

At the same time, I love playing games on computers, and got interested in making 3D virtual worlds, making things look so that others would swear it was a photograph of a real place, never knowing that it wasn't real, I made it all up right on my computer. So I learned a lot about 3D programs like Blender and Max, and how to use Photoshop to make textures.

So as you can see, I have a very grounded back ground. I treat everything that I see with a healthy piece of skepticism. However, I won't come right out and call someone a liar, or a hoaxer. Having lived all around the world, I realize that people will have different beliefs in the things they see, hear or read about.

Do I believe in UFOs? Sure! I believe that there have been things that people have seen or even captured on film or video that can't be explained by anything.
But at the same time, I'm not about to buy every single picture posted or video on YouTube either.

You see, when I look at something (picture or video), I don't automatically assume that it's a UFO. Drawing a conclusion before analyzing the data is a trap too many people fall into. I don't assume that it's anything. Instead, I start asking myself: could it be this? Or could it be that? Where "this" and "that" are more mundane things that can be explained, even duplicated in many cases.

However, I'll freely admit that I subscribe to Sherlock Holmes:

"You will not apply my precept," he said, shaking his head. "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

So once I have done that, eliminated every mundane thing that it could possibly be, that leaves me with the fact that it MUST be Unidentified.

But don't get me wrong. While I also believe that life is out there in the universe, I'm not going to jump up and declare UFO's as aliens that are visiting us. That's assuming that we DO know what it is, and that's simply not true. It's "Unidentified". Assuming that all UFOs are aliens is the same flawed logic of this statement:

"Elephants are grey. Therefore everything that is grey is an elephant."

We just don't know what they are. If one day, a UFO lands, aliens step out, then we'll truly know. But until then, it's only speculation.

I have some advice for UFO enthusiast:

1) Learn the night sky. Take the time to get to know it. That way you really WILL know when something is out of place.
2) Track satellites. Anyone can use the internet in todays world to see if any known satellites are going over you.
3) Learn photography. Take LOTS of pictures, of every kind. Study what results you get. Learn about lens flares and other camera products so that you can recognize them yourself.
4) Get a DECENT camera and or video recorder. NOT a iPhone or cell phone camera!
5) Take some time to learn how to us software like Photoshop or the open source versions. You'll learn a lot, and will aid you in spoting hoaxes (they are out there, people wanting to make a quick buck).

Last piece of advice: recognize when to admit you might be wrong, but also when you might be right. Not everyone (Ufologist or Skeptic) is right all the time! We're Human. We make mistakes. We are the WORST data gathering device on the face of our planet, heh!

Peace Out Y'all!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

In my opinion?..... the Columbia was shot down.
This is why I have no interest in your home-page Mr Oberg.

Nice to know you're afraid to even look at contrary evidence. Your confidence level must be very brittle.

I suspect there are people out there who enjoy their activities being misinterpreted as UFOs, and the most ironic aspect of enthusiastic gullibility is how some people pose as being desirous of 'the truth', but by their own actions, they serve the obscurationist purposes of those who are concealing truth. By making UFO studies a laughing stock among experienced, insightful people, they dissuade the serious attention a lot of these reports really deserve.

Best example: how Soviet-era space missile and orbital weapons tests were widely witnessed in the skies over the USSR [see 'crescent UFO wave', 1967], and reported in Moscow as UFOs to camouflage what they really were -- illegal weapons testing. "Piercing the coverup" for too many eager-believer enthusiasts was actually 'defending the coverup' by hiding the reality of what was causing those UFO sightings.

Worse than useless, that attitude was harmful to the public's better understanding of these phenomena.

BTW, the idea that 'Columbia' was shot down was one of many early wild hypotheses, but it died very quickly when the evidence accumulated. Be careful here, we're talking about people who were friends of mine, and the idea that I would mislead in any way about the root of the disaster that killed them is a nasty thought -- especially since I was the lead investigator for NBC News on that disaster, NOT a NASA employee. I'd left NASA a few years earlier when I testified before Congress about NASA's decaying safety culture and the chance of a new fatal accident if they didn't shape up -- talk about a REAL whistle-blower, thank you very much!

Just in case you're interested in some facts inconvenient to your pleasurable fantasies..... [grin]

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

No stars don't move that fast period. Plus, ufo do indeed know how to cloak, Linda has interviewed a whistle blower - prison guard that spotted a ufo cloaking itself. It was truly an amazing interview. The interview was on coast to coast and it was a great interview. I just don't understand why so many craft would not cloak themselves. But they do look like those in this video. Great post, just not sure what they are but I think they very will could be ufo's, just not sure. Thanks for posting !!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

BTW, the idea that 'Columbia' was shot down was one of many early wild hypotheses, but it died very quickly

By whom?.....the very people paid to tell us what's what?
Like the ones who write up official findings like those found on the Warren and 9-11 report?
THOSE people?..... made that hypotheses die? Really? I can't imagine.............

Oh, by the way, the Challenger was also brought down by advanced weaponry.
Just thought I'd resurrect 'em both!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
No stars don't move that fast period...

It's not the stars that are moving in the OP's video, but the camera. The camera is moving in order to follow the rocket, which is moving away from the camera. So as the camera operator is panning across the sky in order to follow the rocket, the background stars appear to move.

...and if you (or someone else reading this) are about to ask "but don't rockets go straight up?", please see this post that includes a bunch of long-exposure images that show the path a rocket actually takes after it launches:

Originally posted by FireballStorm
...Long exposure photograph of a shuttle launch:

Source

Lots more examples if you try a google image search.

edit on 5/19/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: speellling, and. grammar

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Your initial post and subsequent responses to anyone that has an opposing view to yours is the reason why people are skeptical of the whole UFO believer movement.
You present evidence that contains no clear way of determining what these objects are, yet insist they are of alien origin. On top of that you insult and call into question the integrity of anyone that opposes your explanation.

UFO does not equal "little green men" or spaceships from another planet.

Unfortunately the term UFO contains the word "flying" and a lot of objects may not necessarily be flying. e.g. stars.

The objects you believe to be alien spacecraft could be any number of things but there is no way of determining this and your insistence that they are of alien origin because you are convinced we are about to be invaded is not proof.

I expect you'll resort to a personal attack on me much the same as you have done to Mr Oberg and others who disagree with you.

Don't bother replying to my comment as I will not be revisiting this thread.

While I believe there must be other life forms "out there", you'd be foolish to believe otherwise, your evidence and the manner in which you insist you are always right is abhorrent.

Close minded people such as yourself just waste my time and I don't intend to give you another second of it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by FireballStorm
...Long exposure photograph of a shuttle launch:

Source

Lots more examples if you try a google image search.

edit on 5/19/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: speellling, and. grammar

That is an awesome picture!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
That is an awesome picture!

Thanks for sharing!

To give credit where credit is due, that was originally posted by ATS member 'FireballStorm' on page 3 of this thread.

By the way, click on the "google image search" link in that post to see additional long-exposure images of a rocket launch.

edit on 5/19/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks

Your initial post and subsequent responses to anyone that has an opposing view to yours is the reason why people are skeptical of the whole UFO believer movement.
You present evidence that contains no clear way of determining what these objects are, yet insist they are of alien origin. On top of that you insult and call into question the integrity of anyone that opposes your explanation.

UFO does not equal "little green men" or spaceships from another planet.

Unfortunately the term UFO contains the word "flying" and a lot of objects may not necessarily be flying. e.g. stars.

The objects you believe to be alien spacecraft could be any number of things but there is no way of determining this and your insistence that they are of alien origin because you are convinced we are about to be invaded is not proof.

I expect you'll resort to a personal attack on me much the same as you have done to Mr Oberg and others who disagree with you.

Don't bother replying to my comment as I will not be revisiting this thread.

While I believe there must be other life forms "out there", you'd be foolish to believe otherwise, your evidence and the manner in which you insist you are always right is abhorrent.

Close minded people such as yourself just waste my time and I don't intend to give you another second of it.

I have no problem with opposing views as long as there's a modicum of uncertainty. I take great exception when people are viewing something at the same exact vantage point as I and YET......they know what it is.
I don't buy it nor do I like it.

Now, if Mr Oberg and others were to say "They look like stars therefore I THINK they're probably just stars" instead of telling me they are indubitably that and THEN...inferring I'm ignorant then...I'd have no qualm. But seeing they don't then...I have a problem.

Plus, I don't like arrogance and I especially don't like agents working as a 'damage control' buffer-er for the government!
Hope that helps clear things up.

Be well

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join