It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France To Pull Out Of War On Afghanistan And Embarrass Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

AFP - Afghan forces are ready to take responsibility for security in 2013, the defence ministry said Monday, reacting to a pledge to withdraw French troops early by president-elect Francois Hollande. "For us a NATO stance is more important than individual decisions by individual nations," ministry spokesman General Mohammad Zahir Azimi told AFP. "And Afghanistan is well prepared to take over all security responsibilities in 2013."

www.france24.com...

Francois Holland is going to make Obama and America look like even less of a 'superpower' if he does withdraw the French troops. World Leaders no longer just allow America to have the final say anymore. America does not know best. They have lost credibility. They have lost respect. America are losing the ability to intimidate other nations.

First you had China making fun of America after Americas humiliating Credit Downgrade. Then you European leaders telling Obama to mind his business in relation to the Euro. You have China and Russia feeling free to veto Americas conquests. You have America/Isreal losing ground/power in the UN. You have Obama losing sway over South America as highlighted by his last visit.

I watched a Public Forum thing the other night where the Australian public could ask the politicians questions. The first guy Gillard picked asked her why on earth Australia is increasing militarisation with the United States when our economy is linked to China. Gillard stumbled and spluttered and spat some dribble out about Australia being friends of both China and the United States. But we all know that there is no good reason for American troops to be in Australia. I wish Gillard would stand up to the American Government like it sounds Hollande is going to do.

The article I linked is French but everything else I read is going on about how crazy Hollande is and how all the allies will be outraged just like America. I think the allies will be thinking about doing the same. America is losing its sway and other countries are becoming more willing to disobey.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
America is losing its sway and other countries are becoming more willing to disobey.

France is its own Country,and should pull its troops,if it wants to. I hold no resentment for that.
Country's "disobeying" ? You make it sound like America has colony's.....
Yes,America holds influence,but Obama and his Administration,has made serious blunders. Example ?

A true Sociopath,warmongering person,could only do this,indicative of what this administration,truly is about.

S&F

edit on 18-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Good!

I hope it all leads to America pulling out of everywhere. I know its impossible, but we should leave Europe to the Europeans and Asia to the Asians. The next time there is some catastrophe that requires international support we can just say, well, you know, the backlash was too great! America for Americans. I mean, thats what you all want, right?

People tend to think that all Americans want to meddle in world affairs. Hey, if you dont want Americans there, I am all for it. We have enough trouble with our own issues. After we turn over A-stan, I say lets just roll.

Other countries get to remain neutral and quiet and have the right to question all American actions. I say, lets be one of these countries now. Deal with your own issues, we are no longer interested.

Well, I can only hope........!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
France can pull out if it wants to. No biggie. In fact .. wasn't Obama supposed to have pulled out of Afghanistan YEARS ago? I seem to remember some kind of campaign promise about it (sarcasm). Perhaps Obama was too distracted with his bombing of Libya and Pakistan to remember that he was supposed to do the same thing years ago ....

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

What would you expect from the rest of the world?

Our leaders have made America a paper tiger in the world. Obama has apologised and appeased so much that the island nation of Lilliputin could cow the president.

Kick America out of everywhere. Accept no foreign aid, no trade agreements, no military presence.

Only then can we heal our wounds that the progressive monolith caused.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I agree. And yeah,when Hillary laughed about that you had Putin come out and say he was shocked by the west running the snuff clip on tv. He created a contrast where America and the West were the bad guys. The power structure of the world seems to be changing for sure. Especially with the BRICS forming their own bank.

Interesting times ahead. Obama has failed on the world stage

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Our leaders have made America a paper tiger in the world. Obama has apologised and appeased so much that the island nation of Lilliputin could cow the president.

Kick America out of everywhere. Accept no foreign aid, no trade agreements, no military presence.

It will make Obama look bad in Chicago. It will be interesting to see if any other nations use the Chicago Summit to make a point.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Hey Fluffy Bunny...........

You forgot,he likes to Bow too...............

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

It will make Obama look bad in Chicago. It will be interesting to see if any other nations use the Chicago Summit to make a point.

Good. I hope he ends up sucking lemons!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I need to find that picture of him bowing to "Burger King".

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I need to find that picture of him bowing to "Burger King".

This one?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I was thinking this one

edit on 18-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
He certainly doesn't need any help from France or anyone else to be an embarrassment IMO. He has done well enough on his own.

If they feel the need to pull out...they should do so. They are a country unto themselves and owe no one loyalty or excuses if they do not feel that it is necessary.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Literally LOL. That is awesome and kind of sad at the same time.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
the war in Afghanistan is over.

doesn't matter what the French do.

2000 Americans are leaving each month.

you people don't have much less to grasp upon do you?

after checking its closer to 4000 per month.

The only people that would even notice the French are just grasping at straws.
edit on 18-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
the war in Afghanistan is over.

doesn't matter what the French do.

2000 Americans are leaving each month.

you people don't have much less to grasp upon do you?

after checking its closer to 4000 per month.

The only people that would even notice the French are just grasping at straws.
edit on 18-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

I think that its more symbolic. That is why it is significant. Another example of the world turning away from America. France are strong allies of America in the past. Europe is going to turn its back on the IMF and on America. You can see it coming.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
He certainly doesn't need any help from France or anyone else to be an embarrassment IMO. He has done well enough on his own.

If they feel the need to pull out...they should do so. They are a country unto themselves and owe no one loyalty or excuses if they do not feel that it is necessary.

If you read some of the newspaper articles about it you will see that the MSM is doing a hatchet job on him. Its because he is going against America. This is why more World Leaders do not stand up to America.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

America's future is on the Pacific, not the Atlantic, and this reality has been taking shape for the last few years.

America is more than just the United States, fyi, and Europe, Africa and the Middle East is the World's backyard.

and by America, I don't even think I'm speaking of the same thing as what you or anyone else is talking about.

in short...it's not important what europe does.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

America's future is on the Pacific, not the Atlantic, and this reality has been taking shape for the last few years.

America is more than just the United States, fyi, and Europe, Africa and the Middle East is the World's backyard.

and by America, I don't even think I'm speaking of the same thing as what you or anyone else is talking about.

in short...it's not important what europe does.

Well coming from Australia,I think America should stay the hell out of the Pacific. Why doesnt America make America its "future". Australia gains nothing by having American soldiers in.NT. We gain nothing from letting America put a drone base of our coast. We risk our friendship with China and our economy by allowing the US to do these things. China is the future of Australia. Not the United States.

And what happens in Europe does hurt America. Thats why the IMF and the media freak out over it. If the euro falls it wil hit American Banks. The United States cannot afford that to happen because the economy is already bad. What happens in Europe hurts the United States for sure.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Glad to see this. Obama and his cronies need to be told No. Hopefully other countries will follow France and tell the U.S. to mind their own business. We should get own own house in order before trying to "advise" everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join