It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook insider sales are huge red flags

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's starting to look like the opening day was even uglier than a pessimist like me dared expect:

FaceBook: The Complete Forensic Post-Mortem

....And to think there was a time when an IPO simply allowed a company to raise cash: sadly it has devolved to the point where a public offering is a policy statement in support of a broken capital market, which however is fully in the hands of SkyNet, as yesterday's chain of events, so very humiliating for the Nasdaq, showed. From a delayed opening, to 2 hour trade confirmation delays, virtually everyone was in the dark about what was really happening behind the scenes! As the analysis below shows, what happened was at times sheer chaos, where everything was hanging by a thread, because if FB had gotten the BATS treatment, it was lights out for the stock market. Well, the D-Day was avoided for now, but at what cost? And how much over the greenshoe FaceBook stock overallotment did MS have to buy to prevent it from tumbling below $30 because as Reuters reminds us, "had Morgan Stanley bought all of the shares traded around $38 in the final 20 minutes of the day, it would have spent nearly $2 billion." What about the first defense of $38? In other words: in order to make some $67 million for its Investment Banking unit, was MS forced to eat a several hundred million loss in its sales and trading division just to avoid looking like the world's worst underwriter ever?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Zuckerberg loses friends on Wall Street as regulators probe $19bn slump .

Facebook investors rage at 18 per cent fall after some were not told of last-minute change to key projections.

edit on 5/22/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane

The pricing is at $38/share I expect first posted price to be $60ish maybe higher and it will trade higher than that before pulling back. I'm going to take a guess and say high tick will be $85ish and will close the day around 60. However I think you will be able to get it for

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well, OP, you were right. Several of you were. I'd have lost my arse yesterday if I had sunk money into it.
How did you know? How did you guys know?

I wish I had a good sense of the stock market. Sigh. I suck at it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Well, OP, you were right. Several of you were. I'd have lost my arse yesterday if I had sunk money into it.

the market is dead in the water. Its a blood bath at the moment because of this whole EU mess. Stocks like FB are luxury items. Investors probably dont want to loose more money on a fad. I cant believe Murdock bought my space lmao what an idiot. talk about not having your finger on the pulse...then again he is almost dead anyway.
edit on 23-5-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Heys everyone, been a while since I last posted.

Im no stock guru but this whole thing seems very sketchy, aside from obvious insider trading I cant help but think that Facebook is in the process of being jacked by persons/corporations close to the government right now. We all know Facebook sells user info so think how valuable that massive database would be worth to to the prying eyes of our government. They would have their own personal key to the server rooms and snoop at will on everything that everyone does.

I could be way off but the way they have been trying to exert more control over the internet this IPO is basically gift wrapped for them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's a internet site, that all it is, Abovetopsecret.com is the same thing, niche internet sites have no reason to be in wall street. That's a red flag to me period.

The service it provides, cana nd will be provided by another site but maybe that one allows you to share the smells of your trip or the experience of your last mountain climbing trip.

Its only really a temporary thing.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What should be a Huge Red Flag is the entire way the IPO was handled. And not just this one but IPO's in general --- this one happens to gain alot of interest because so many people use it. First, only the major traders (aka the agents of the 1%) would get 'in' on the initial offering. All of the 'little investors' (aka the 99%) would have to wait until the 1% got their initial profit bumpo. Once they had that they'd start selling shares to us at a profit. Level playing field, not. Then, if that wasn't good enough, some of the initial investors got special insider information that even the majority of the 1% didn't have access to. So does this mean they're beginning to eat their own? We can only hope. But the overall morl of the story is that --- as usual --- the big guys get rich at the expense of the little guys. Two sets of rules. And the players always seem to end up being the same. Investigation? Yea, sure. Like the '07-'08 Wall Street debacle, the MF Global screw-job, the foreclosure fraud, and the rest. Business as usual as far as I can see.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This happens all the time, it's great if you know people inside. They'll offer you shares at say 1/2 or less of the price that the public sees. it happens, that's just how it works. You were doing good business with a company? They'll call you up, if you invest 500,000$ they'll throw in a new car and a nice vacation as a gift for you. Nothing new to see here.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
It's starting to look like the opening day was even uglier than a pessimist like me dared expect:

Reading the thread now all i could think was you're wrong. Badly badly wrong. It was worse than anyone could have thought, but then when your "value" is 112 times your annual turnover .. it doesn't compute.

I'm glad you dropped this thread in Silent Thunder, thanks

QOTD: Facebook shares are now known as "muppet bait".

I hope they have sudden rm-r problems. Sincerely.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Reading the thread now all i could think was you're wrong. Badly badly wrong. It was worse than anyone could have thought, but then when your "value" is 112 times your annual turnover .. it doesn't compute.

I'm glad you dropped this thread in Silent Thunder, thanks

QOTD: Facebook shares are now known as "muppet bait".

I hope they have sudden rm-r problems. Sincerely.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
you guys all do realize that facebook shares are currently trading BELOW what they opened at right?

So the so called 1% that cleaned up didnt clean up anything but themselves. Anybody stupid enough to pump money in FB shares would have lost money and its dropping by the day.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre

The company has a poor price-to-earnings ratio. That is, if you compare the price of the stock to the actual amount of cash the company is taking in right now, it seems that the price range they were expecting was unrealistic. Looks like the market in general agreed.

Optimists compared this with Google, but Google makes actual money, has cashflow. Facebook's all talk and no cash. The other red flag was the insider dumping, the premise behind this. Its the same thing that happened to Groupon, which it resembles more than Google in my humble non-professional opinion.

Facebook's future expansion will be through hand-held devices but that seems even more resistant to advertising, so people are scratching their heads about how facebook is actually going to make the money it seems to vaguely assume it will.

What I didn't forsee is how raw the exposure of market manipulation, etc. would be. This experience was a wakeup call for a lot of people in the market, its startitng to look like...
edit on 5/23/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Haha.. yeah, hell no I wouldn't buy FB stock.

It is a website value at 100 billion that doesn't make that much money when compared to other big websites. In order to meet that value they are going to have to start adding tons of ads or selling your information. They may be able to keep the growth up a while, but eventually they are going to have to do things to make money that also makes users abandon ship.

If you have a facebook page and don't want to be targeted by weird hyper specific adds and maybe things that are much worse, give them as little info as possible. I basically use mine as just a place for people to email me. They will be selling your info to everyone, they will gather info for anyone with the green, including the government that is Facebooks destiny.
edit on 23-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Easy.. 100 billion dollar website.
Yahoo was once considered worth 100 billion on the stock market.

There is just not a real way to earn that much money with a website that has to maintain the people's trust by not attacking them with ads, making them feel safe posting private info, and etc. Before they went public people were already wondering how they could actually grow to keep up that 100 billion value. They would have to make huge changes and were already talking on NPR about a couple new places users would be finding ads.

The thing is Facebook is the exact kind of website where people hate finding ads. People like it simple and it doesn't take much for people to just jump ship.

I am glad you didn't invest in it Sabre. ATS did good work.
edit on 23-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The stock continues to get hammered. In the 20s and no sign of relief...not looking good for facepets.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join