It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US seeks extra $70m for Israel defence shield

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

www.aljazeera.com

The US plans to give Israel the extra $70m that it asked for this year for its short-range missile defence programme known as the "Iron Dome," Leon Panetta, the US defence secretary has said.

Panetta on Thursday said his department would seek additional funding for the programme over the next three years "based on an annual assessment of Israeli security requirements".

He said Barack Obama, the US president, had directed him to fill Israel's request for the extra money for the system,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Its Time Israel Claim Their INDEPENDANCE
Netanyahu: An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months.
Let's Cut to the Chase - Israel Must Be Stopped
Israel ready to wipe Iran off the map

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What a joke .. this is for them .. asking for more money all the time
Who in here approve all that "aid" to Israel ?
while there is so many homeless vets in US streets

There is no limits with them .. let see why
- The US has already provided $205m for the system
- Annually gives Israel roughly another $3.1bn

How much again the US give aways money when there is a catastrophe ..
100 millions for Haiti when the earthquake happened

They dare asking for more money
can they be more independant
i though Israel was a proud independent nation
its far from being the case here ..

So far they have prooven themself to be a spoiled police state depending on US tax payers to buy for more military hardware

Israel citizen re living like kings and queens
they have bunkers everywhere so they can hide in them in case there is a retaliation after a IDF attack

The US has already provided $205m for the system and annually gives Israel roughly another $3.1bn in overall security assistance, the most for any foreign country.

However, top Republicans have criticised Obama for what they described as inadequate funding of US-Israeli missile defence co-operation in his 2013 budget request, released in February amid deficit-reduction requirements.

Obama's fiscal 2013 budget request calls for $30bn in funding for Israel over a 10-year peried, none of which was scheduled to fund Iron Dome.

www.aljazeera.com
edit on 5/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Curious to know if they will pass the article on CNN
the americans needs to know that during bad economic time
the Potus is giving all tax payers money to another country
for weapons

and they dare telling Iran to stop giving Syria weapons
how can you respect the US gov after that
nobody in the world will listen to the US anymore
because they know they are the biggest hypocrites on earth

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
no surprise ... amarica cant take care of its own .. yet gives the genocidal psychopaths israel billions ... may as well make israel the 51st state while their at it ..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I read an article about us troops to be training in israel. Interesting how when we hear about russian troops training in america we are like what? Red dawn! But when US troops train in Israel they are like whooppee!

Imagine: "Russia to spend 70 million on defense shield in America" we would be like no way this is a trap, but when the US buys Israel a defense shield its like 'more more more' they love their protection.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Both countries have a formal alliance. America as the larger partner is expected to provide financial assistance.
edit on 18-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Curious to know if they will pass the article on CNN
the americans needs to know that during bad economic time
the Potus is giving all tax payers money to another country
for weapons

NO! The government is NOT giving away the tax payers money

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw
reply to post by Ben81

Both countries have a formal alliance. America as the larger partner is expected to provide financial assistance.
edit on 18-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

With partners like that, who needs vampires?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The worst of that is .. they dont need to give the money back to the US

ITS FREE

thats the most disturbing part

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
All those states that were denied assistance after the latest tornadoes disasters should be in open arms and protesting this insane waste and abuse of American hard working tax payers money.

Is very interesting how our corrupted corporate dictatorship can waste our hard earned money oversea and denied help to our own tax payers.

It is our darn money.

People needs to wake up and smell the realities of what a government that no longer is run and appointed by the people can do.

They are screwing us.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Its far past time Israel started shouldering their own defense burden.Cutting food stamps to the poor for more weapons for our and Israel?Its insulting to the American taxpayer.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
We currently guarantee loans to Israel under the Emergency Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2003 and there is a bill, HR 4197, introduced to extend such guarantees thru 2015. The current guarantee expires in Sept.

I have no idea how much this amounts to but appears to give them a better credit rating and thus negatively impact ours. It is always nice to have a wealthy friend!

www.govtrack.us...

A BILL

To extend the authority to provide loan guarantees to Israel.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. EXTENSION OF AUTHORITY TO PROVIDE LOAN GUARANTEES TO ISRAEL.

(a) In General- Chapter 5 of title I of the Emergency Wartime Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2003 (Public Law 108-11), as amended, is further amended in the item relating to ‘Loan Guarantees to Israel’--

(1) in the matter preceding the first proviso, by striking ‘September 30, 2011’ and inserting ‘September 30, 2015’; and

(2) in the second proviso, by striking ‘September 30, 2011’ and inserting ‘September 30, 2015’.

(b) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section take effect as of September 30, 2011.

more here latimesblogs.latimes.com...
edit on 18-5-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It would appear a lot those posting here just don't understand.

Israel is a very small poor country surrounded by enemies.

They have almost no income; except maybe a cut from all of our phone bills because they own some of the large telecommunications companies which carry and transfer our calls around. Also they can not generate much income "re-selling" the weapons which we "give" them to whom ever wants them. Of course, they also build some weapons themselves, for which we pay top dollar in cash.

All these enemies are just religious fanatics who have never been given a reason for hating Israel. They just want to "wipe them off the map". No body knows why.

We, on the other hand, have lots of money, or we can just print more. Maybe, in a crunch, we can just not pay a few months of medi-care bill and we could help them even more.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Actually, Israel gets more like $5 BILLION EACH YEAR FROM THE U.S.

Just thinking about it, makes me puke. The other year I was talking about it on another message base and The MAJORITY OF PEOPLE THERE kept telling me that it's worth it because Israel is America's eyes and ears in that part of the world, blah blah blah about intelligence and info. This is such BS, it's no wonder the U.S. is self-screwing itself into debt. It's also no wonder why Jews are still hated here with all those wonderful stereotypes.

In reality I think it's all faithhead-based because Israel is where JC's gonna pop back into existence so we can't let it fall into the hands of the Taliban. Or SOMETHING DUMBASS like that which is used to justify ANY AMOUNT of money pumped into that tiny police state pimple of a country.

It's just one of many atrocities. Decades ago I used to be a proud American. These days I'm ashamed to be a citizen here among the sheeple.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
America assists everyone except its OWN taxpaying citizens. It cannot be any more clear that we are infested with TRAITORS in office.

Israel needs money, [color=limegreen]DONE DEAL. Disabled U.S. vet needs assistance, DENIED because we are broke.

TRAITORS!!!!!!!! It just doesnt get ANY clearer than that.

edit on 18-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
America assists everyone except the taxpaying citizens. It cannot be any more clear that we are infested with TRAITORS in office.

Israel needs money, [color=limegreen]DONE DEAL. Disabled U.S. vet needs assistance, DENIED because we are broke.

TRAITORS!!!!!!!!
edit on 18-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: COLOR

America was Trojan Horsed by zionist around WW2
how did they do that you will say .. hi jacking the most powerfull country in the world

check out this full documentary that explain most and expose the dark truth about it

edit on 5/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

They have almost no income; except maybe a cut from all of our phone bills because they own some of the large telecommunications companies which carry and transfer our calls around. Also they can not generate much income "re-selling" the weapons which we "give" them to whom ever wants them. Of course, they also build some weapons themselves, for which we pay top dollar in cash.

All these enemies are just religious fanatics who have never been given a reason for hating Israel. They just want to "wipe them off the map". No body knows why.

We, on the other hand, have lots of money, or we can just print more. Maybe, in a crunch, we can just not pay a few months of medi-care bill and we could help them even more.

Well, isn't that too freakin bad! The Jews have been getting handed 5 BILLION DOLLAR CHECKS FROM THE US FOR DECADES. NOT YESTERDAY BUT FRIGGING DECADES YEAR AFTER YEAR! Read my lips!

Is Israel the ONLY TINY COUNTRY in the world surrounded by enemies? NO FREAKING WAY!

Do OTHER countries get 5 BILLION BUCKS a year from America for "help"? NO FREAKING WAY!

It's all a goddamned vampiric sucking scam... Oh, I'd better shut up before I'm pinned down as an anti-semitic racist ass for just pointing out frigging facts. Should such FACTS get out to the public, the Jews'll just cry RACISM! and get their way just like that--probably with added-on interest accumulated for "mental trauma" or something like that!

I'm an unemployed American who was born and raised here like my parents before me and can't even get a goddamned job in this country!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

Money can't 'just' be printed. It has to be backed by something. A dollar used to represent an amount of gold or silver. Now it can represent anything the government wants: sheep, onion dip, whatever. But it MUST be backed by something.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Well considering that we print the stuff like it's free, no wonder we give it away like this.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

www.aljazeera.com

The US plans to give Israel the extra $70m that it asked for this year for its short-range missile defence programme known as the "Iron Dome," Leon Panetta, the US defence secretary has said.

Panetta on Thursday said his department would seek additional funding for the programme over the next three years "based on an annual assessment of Israeli security requirements".

He said Barack Obama, the US president, had directed him to fill Israel's request for the extra money for the system,

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Its Time Israel Claim Their INDEPENDANCE
Netanyahu: An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months.
Let's Cut to the Chase - Israel Must Be Stopped
Israel ready to wipe Iran off the map

Every time I see something in the news about us giving money, aid, and political support to Israel I just absolutely want to vomit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join