It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The naked trolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

We all know what a troll does here on ATS, but the funny thing is we focus on what they try to do, not why they do it. Sure some do it for a bit of cash or to support some kind of mission that they feel allied to. But the whole thing about a troll, when you scrape a little deeper is that they have a deep insecurity. The only way they can achieve some kind of meaning in their life, is by upsetting, destroying, interfering with other peoples lives. At least that is what they con themselves in to believing, conning themselves that what they have to do is of value, they will hypnotise their subjects just to get the desired result, and sure plenty fall in to the deception. But what really makes me laugh is they are the first subject of their own deception, that’s the way I look at it. After the laughter, sadness sets in as a deep pity overcomes me for such a pathetic attempt of getting on in life. So much wasted and misdirected energy! At the end of the day, I suppose its a choice. A very subtle one, but a choice gets made. More than likely that choice was made on a foundation of assumptions of how nobody loves them. Assumptions Assumptions Assumptions. Why not be daring and try and be a human being?hey its not that hard suprise yourself!!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I know not of this.... troll? Is he wearing socks?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

We all know what a troll does here on ATS,

do we ?

i see a growing slice of ATS thread starters who view any response that doesnt whole-heartedly agree with thier OP and massage thier egos as " troll responses "

screaming " TROLL " doesnt make someone a troll - niether does having an opinion or disagreeing with a premise

you claim " trolls " are insecure - but i see the real insecurity in thread starters who ae wrapped so tight in thier premise that they dismiss any discussion as " trolling "

crying " TROLL " is an easy way for cowards who cannot or will not address the issue to duck and run - while claiming thier argument stands unassailed

its an over used gambit - and if you look at the situation critically - there are far fewer trolls here than you think - and cetainly many accusations of tolling are utterly baseless

maybee your next thread should be " the naked coward " ?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

do we ?
(what is inferred by this is that we know what generally know what trolls do here, as its a subject that is well covered.)

i see a growing slice of ATS thread starters who view any response that doesnt whole-heartedly agree with thier OP and massage thier egos as " troll responses "
(this is true)

screaming " TROLL " doesnt make someone a troll - niether does having an opinion or disagreeing with a premise (this is also very true)

you claim " trolls " are insecure - but i see the real insecurity in thread starters who ae wrapped so tight in thier premise that they dismiss any discussion as " trolling "
(yes you have a point, but insecurity is not limited to troll only and I have implied that either.)

crying " TROLL " is an easy way for cowards who cannot or will not address the issue to duck and run - while claiming thier argument stands unassailed
(yes, you are right again)

its an over used gambit - and if you look at the situation critically - there are far fewer trolls here than you think - and cetainly many accusations of tolling are utterly baseless
( I never said anything about the quantity of trolls anywhere, what we are looking at here is the nature of the trolls, not pointing a finger at anybody in particular.)

I would consider that idea, as there is plenty of fuel with that subject also. cowards make great bullies. Thanks for participating in the thread as it is beneficial in many ways.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i think for the most part,these people are bored!
no real input to the topic at hand. usually one line replies - 'pics or it didn't happen!'
gosh,i'd feel bad for the poor bloke who posted he just found out he had cancer,and he gets the reply 'pics or it didn't happen', or 'swamp gas!'
and here i thought ATS had a policy of at least write a paragraph!!!
having said that,some posts are warranted with a one line reply,but most deserve an intelligent reply and or debate.
i see a lot of ufo videos here that i can't explain,but there is a crew of 'experts' here that apparently have the sole job of instantly debunking them in one line. no other comment but 'fake!' (you know who you are!)
this is supposed to be a discussion forum! lately its turning into a lying,bitchfest!

any way good post! s&f 4 u!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

i think for the most part,these people are bored!

I think for the most part they are immature, ignorant, attention seekers. They have no knowledge, so they attempt, poorly, to baffle with excrement de' bovine male

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

thanks for sharing your view, for me thats what this space is all about. Only some dont seem to have their own view, nor are they interested in revealing their own view,never mind.
See you around gracias

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'm inclined to agree there is an emotional element to what some trolls do and it's their way of lashing out at a society that they don't feel welcome within.
The intellectual element is to prove themselves correct and others wrong, a pedagogical outlook that reinforces a superiority complex.
I feel sorry for them too, something happened to these people to alienate them and deprive them of a sense of community. It must be a lonely outlook and frustrating as well.
On the bright side at least the internet gives them a safe outlet to vent their frustrations. I never take it personally anyway so trolls have at it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Press 666666666666666

edit on 5/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
for some reason i think the more troll we've seen, it is a sign of more unhappy society? people become troll due to their life sucks or some sort of depression?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

do we ?

screaming " TROLL " doesnt make someone a troll - niether does having an opinion or disagreeing with a premise

I agree, ignorant_ape. A troll is not one whop disputes another, or engages another in heated debate, or posts the truth of the matter to the OP, or one who replies, a troll is one who just calls names, insults, derails the thread, and adds nothing to the content of theory at all.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I agree, ignorant_ape. A troll is not one whop disputes another, or engages another in heated debate, or posts the truth of the matter to the OP, or one who replies, a troll is one who just calls names, insults, derails the thread, and adds nothing to the content of theory at all.
reply to post by autowrench

there are a lot of things which are correct in what you say, but on the other hand. Dont underestimate a troll, yes a lot of them are just kids bored, who attack with little design. But on the other hand, there are plenty of intelectual trolls that go to put their dagger in to the subject.They can derail you with facts and will go to any length to make you look wrong ( to them this means they are right and to them that is important as its this very knowledge which sustains their reasons for living)
ATS for me is not so much about right or wrong, but rather a place for sharing. What benefit that sharing has is up to each individual to weigh up inside their own minds and hearts.

new topics

top topics

join