It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Ufologists-Lets clean the closet of any skeletons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Swills

Yeah, I wasn't arguing against his right to make money. The 'ethics' was whether it's right to be celebrated for accusing rich folk of being murderous child-raping satanists when he actually has the same lifestyle and uses the same bankers?

Does this mean Icke rapes babies on his world tours? Has he got a touch of the Gary Glitters?

It's the pot calling the kettle black.

Icke appeals to the type of person who sees nothing wrong with accusing strangers of murder, satanism and child sex/killing. That's a question of morality, but it's their own business and keeps them happy.

See, that's the thing, I completely disagree with you on the assumption Icke is a millionaire living the life of a millionaire, much like the lives of those he exposes in his books/lectures. I'm not arguing against you that Icke has a right to make money, I more pointing out that he probably isn't raking in the cash like many would assume, especially with your quick number crunching of ticket sales/seat ratio.

I wouldn't put Icke in the category of the pot calling the kettle black, but many Icke haters, for lack of a better term, will use that argument against him all day, everyday.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Im just wondering... why do you need too listen to people and their opinions too belive in something, add somethign into your reality ? Then when those are labelled hoaxers.. it takes that aspect farther away from your reality.

The bottom line here is this; stop pointing fingers at hoaxers, stop looking elsewhere and the internet for evidence (because you wont find it... if there was evidence of ETs on Earth, we would all know by now), stop disregarding things due to your lack of experience.

DO YOU BELIVE IN ALIENS? That is the ONLY questions that matters, its a yes or no thing. Dont base it on other people and their "debunking" (what a joke..) .. What does your heart say when you ask yourself "Are aliens in my reality?" That is all that matters.. not all these faces the OP has labelled as hoaxers or whatever. Look into yourself and ask the question, you will feel the "yes or no" answer.

Do I belive in Extraterrestrials, other dimensions and Interdimensional Being ? Yes of course I do

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

An ufologist is a broad term.It encompasses not only those who study ufos but everyone who studies fringe phenomena.You may know the difference i may know it but some dont.So they coin ufologist any that dubbles in fringe phenomena. check this

That aside Icke has said the next major scare will be aliens along other things thats why i have him here.

Sorry to be penickity but 'Ufologist' is NOT a broad term. The dictionary definition is 'someone who studies UFOs'. I suppose it bugs me so much because to be one of the people I would class as a respectable or 'good' ufologist, you can't study UFOs in a truly impartial way if you have already come to the conclusion that the UFOs are Alien in origin.

As for Icke I can see you linked to a thread by a well respected member to show how Icke is linked to aliens/ Ufos
that is just that members personal opinion. I've read plenty of Icke's work and the main thing that people miss is the fact that he sees the Reptillians as interdimensional beings that were probably on the earth before we were, ie not Alien and not in need of Ufos to transport themselves. Yes he may have said the next scare will be Aliens but that is just a re-reporting of what Carol Rosin says Werner Von Braun said.

I see that people now on this thread are arguing whether Icke is a millionaire and his morals etc. instead of focussing on the topic which was Ufologists, ones who actually really study UFOs and are trying to get to the bottom of what they are.

Anyway I agree with Greer being on your bad list and Jacques Vallee on your good list. I would put Dr John E Mack forward for the good list but again he wasn't strictly a Ufologist so I might be shooting myself in the foot here
he was a psychologist who investigated abductions and at one time interviewed the South African children who saw a UFO land at their school.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't think Art and George should be on the list.

Here's why: They stimulate people's thinking into not accepting what they have been spoon fed their whole lives by providing people with alternative possibilities. I agree, sometimes they do have some pretty ridiculous guests on their show, but they have to treat them with respect. If they were to be over-critical of their guests, and always attempted to debunk people on their show, they would have no guests. They have to run their shows in some sort of a business fashion.

Honestly, these two people, along with a few other older TV shows from the 80s and 90s are what got me into thinking about alternative explanations at an early age.

Also, you should tack Bob Lazar on that list.
edit on 19-5-2012 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So the lie is they follow the lead set down at Roswell that saucers are alien technology.
They can only do the best they can with the evidence they find.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
Im just wondering... why do you need too listen to people and their opinions too belive in something, add somethign into your reality ? Then when those are labelled hoaxers.. it takes that aspect farther away from your reality.

The bottom line here is this; stop pointing fingers at hoaxers, stop looking elsewhere and the internet for evidence (because you wont find it... if there was evidence of ETs on Earth, we would all know by now), stop disregarding things due to your lack of experience.

Actually I think the believers are the ones who lack experience. They don't seem to have a working BS detector. The reason it is important to expose hoaxers is because in many cases they are making a whole lot of money off of credulous people. Greer, for example, charges people hundreds of dollars to traipse off into the woods so you can take pictures of moths and call them "etheric beings." Billy Meier takes pictures of hubcaps, says he is the reincarnation of Jesus, and shows a picture he took of a dinosaur--taken right from a book. He's got a nice little cult going where people pay him a lot of money.

DO YOU BELIVE IN ALIENS? That is the ONLY questions that matters, its a yes or no thing.

I beg to differ. Belief isn't the issue. People believe Jesus ascended to heaven. People believe the Earth is 6,000 some odd years old. Some people believe the angel Moroni brought them a book, but they couldn't read it until they put on some magic glasses. Some people believe in talking snakes. Some people believed in an alien so much that they cut their genitals off, then ate poison and died so they could be with the alien (Heaven's Gate Cult).

If that's where your particular head is at, go ahead and be my guest. Believe all you want. But from my standpoint you are placing yourself in a position of being prey. You are prey to some of the hoaxers who have been exposed above. Some of them are harmless attention seekers. Some of them would like you to part ways with your money. And some of them won't settle for anything but your utter and complete devotion.

This particular thread has deviated somewhat from "Bad Ufologists" to hoaxers in general. It's one thread amongst thousands. If you want to start a thread on how ardently you believe in aliens, go ahead and see where it goes. You don't have to stay annoyed with this one, but don't begrudge us our interest in discussing it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Thanks for your opinion. I'm sure someone will accuse you of thread misdirection, I'd ignore them if they do.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I love the spirit the OP had in mind for this thread. While he's not a ufologist per se I would have to add Riley Martin to the list. Although he has an interesting and compelling story, his rhetoric has deteriorated into anti-semetic, substance-abuse fuel rants as of late...and he's always trying to squeeze an extra buck selling his "symbols."

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarCry
What do you guys think about Phil Schnieder, Real or fake? Allot of compelling stories and the fact that he was supposedly murdered after his lectures...

i flicked through the book "ufo highway" by anthony sanchez. It has an interview with someone who claims to have been to dulce and knows a lot of its history. He verified that schnieder was there, and that a lot of what he claimed was true, but there was a lot of incorrect information in his lectures as well, but he never really figured out why he added stuff that wasn't true. He goes into a lot more detail if you just read it. I got the book for free, it was uploaded in a pack of like 500 "metaphysics and spirituality ebook collection". If youre any good at finding stuff to download then you will find this pack without too much hassle.

of course there is speculation whether the book/interview is authentic/true. It was a good read though from what I did read. Just one of those things you have to just take at face value with a good helping of salt.
edit on 20-5-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I want to see some comments about people like jim sparks and alex collier.

I would say that alex's story is more 'out there' than sparks because he has soooooooOOOOooOOOo much information... the book defending sacred ground has some massive claims in it. It seems that the more a person says of their story the easier it is to debunk, but i havent seen anyone debunk these two succesfully.. besides the fact that collier has had some pretty wild predictions, but the whole "changing of the future" paradigm comes with that... He did say in '96 that there would be a catastrophic event in 2001 in NY after the month of august. That was an insanely accurate prediction and for me is just a little too accurate to be dumb luck.. so still haven't really come to a conclusion about either of them.
edit on 20-5-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

I second that notion.i hope some member has more information to share with us

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i gotta say i love the text photos of george hkgkjhgkz, or however you say it, and stephen greer. funny.

that said i have to agree theres alot thats fishy about most ufologists, stephen greer included. howeverif anyone wants to know, i did try the meditation he talks about to "call ufo" or whatever.

i dont know how ealts to say this, but it actually did work.

now dont get me wrong i still feel theres something weird about the guy, but take this for example, anyone remember a guy calling himself Prophet Yaway, seemed compleatly crazy but claimed he could call ufos with his prayers?

messed up right... i know, well i dont know if you guys ever saw this but as loony toons as this guy was he actually tryed to call ufos for a live newsreporter. oh they laughed at him so much.....untill whatever he did, actually seemed to work.

let me find the clip for you guys . and remember im not saying that these guys are the best for info, but from my experience it seems some truth is hidden in the most unlikely places.

heres the clip

video.google.com...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildbillsteamcock
I love the spirit the OP had in mind for this thread. While he's not a ufologist per se I would have to add Riley Martin to the list. Although he has an interesting and compelling story, his rhetoric has deteriorated into anti-semetic, substance-abuse fuel rants as of late...and he's always trying to squeeze an extra buck selling his "symbols."

I agree his story went over the top even though it was entertaining, but i actually found another guy that ended up claiming to be a part of this stort too and that Riley never mentioned him, there was hours of radio interviews of this other guy, and his story was just as off, make of it what you will. but the 2nd guy mentioned "The Urantia Book" which has a life and mystery all its own if you want to research the Urantia papers it talks about how theres different planes to our dimension and how the universe exists in ways.

but one thing the Biaviians said about the urantia book was it was not %100 accurate and written in such a way that it could not be properly dissected or abused.

www.urantia.org...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think after following the Men in Black cctv video story for some time now, I think we can now include Antonio Paris director of API (Aerial Phenomena Investigations Team) on your list.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Agreed that case was just

When will people like him stop messing around?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

Agreed that case was just

When will people like him stop messing around?

Because, with very few exceptions, it's so easy for them to get away with it!

In the case of API and Antonio Paris, ATS actually did it's job in ferreting out the truth about his motivations and aspirations to use ignorance and flash to promote himself and his proto-organization into the limelight.

Unfortunately, at the beginning of their climb to ufologist status, most of these so-called UFO experts rarely see any sort of vetting process applied to their motives or their reason for being.

The end result is that the results of serious study and research by serious researchers becomes 'muddied waters', whereby hoaxes, fantasy and hearsay, get taken as seriously as genuine evidence of genuine events.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I named them on page 3 as well! Didnt think to add the link!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Michael Cohen all news web ,nough said

Does anyone know what happened to this clown? His website was last updated on april 2012. Is he still alive? Or did he get abducted by aliens? I miss all his so called "Breaking UFO disclosure" videos. I always enjoyed reading comments from people whenever he uploads a 2 min UFO video, wherein he speaks for the first 1 min 30 secs, lol.

edit on 4-9-2012 by johnsaber because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
2 thoughts:

Timothy Good - Great story teller but full of pasture-residing, methane-laced biomass if you ask me. My favorite yarn from his was about the underwater NASA facility with a simulated 0-gravity environment.

and my opinion on Nick Pope: He's like the fat kid that wants to hang out with the rest of the neighborhood boys, so he chases them on the shiny new bike mom just bought him until they let him join.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsaber
reply to post by IMSAM

Michael Cohen all news web ,nough said

Does anyone know what happened to this clown? His website was last updated on april 2012. Is he still alive? Or did he get abducted by aliens? I miss all his so called "Breaking UFO disclosure" videos. I always enjoyed reading comments from people whenever he uploads a 2 min UFO video, wherein he speaks for the first 1 min 30 secs, lol.

edit on 4-9-2012 by johnsaber because: (no reason given)

Anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join