Bad Ufologists-Lets clean the closet of any skeletons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The idea came from this previous thread here

Lets make a list of people who give ufology a bad name or have proven frauds(eg liars,using ufology for profit,as a means to sell books,promote ideas etc)

Art Bell a picture is worth a thousand words

and i think that George Noory follows hot pursuit in this path and while many might disagree i am entitled to my opinion

Stephen Basset now heres a guy who says that credibility isn't worth in this field,giving deadlines about disclosure in the style of "POTUS disclose everything you have on ets or i will" second thread

Andrew Basiago the man claiming to have gone to mars and back

Dan Burisch from hoax Jrod alien to fake phd in microbiology he is your man

Michael Cohen all news web ,nough said

Billy Meier for those few who still cling on this hoax and wait pleiadians and venusians to come to earth

Steven Greer

Briefing presidents-cia-will smith and everyone in between about ufos,for 39.99 and someone who dosent check the credentials of the people he invites.

Paola Harris taking meier as a serius contactee is enough for me to put her here.Not to mention Collier

Richard Hoagland from nazis to your peanut sandwhich,anything can be tied to the conspiracy,the lengths some people go...

Linda Moulton Howe where even a roadkill can attributed to mutilation by aliens. She dissapointed me

Jaime Mausan Even if true aliens someday come down to earth,the moment you see Jaime next to them its guaranteed to be a hoax.He is a man with multiple hoaxes under his belt.Or a very bad journalist.

David Icke now heres a person who either is real or tottaly bogus.He claims all world leaders are reptilians.

Michael Salla A phd doctor who does research,on the internet...

Phillip Klass "No matter how long you live, you will never know any more about UFOs than you know today. You will never know any more about what UFOs really are, or where they come from. You will never know any more about what the U.S. Government really knows about UFOs than you know today. As you lie on your own death-bed you will be as mystified about UFOs as you are today. And you will remember this curse"

Well hate to break it to you phil but no can do.Because i hadly remember what i ate yesterday much less in 60 years from now.So there you have it.

Stan Romanek High profile hoax, or as i say Cool story bro

Joe Nickell

IT cant happen therefore it didnt,is his attitude. i just say lol

David Sereda When greys dont seem to show up he is your man.New age stuff when greys turn out to be so yesterday and nineties

David Wilcock The guy claiming disclosure would have happened by 2009...

So Do you agree with this list,Is anyone missing?i m sure i forgot some. This should be a good starter for anyone who wants to know whos who in ufology

edit on 18-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i ll reserve this post for the good ones

J. Allen Hynek this guy is ok because he started as a debunker and then his scientific gut kicked in and started doing what every scientist should do.Objectively research the facts

Richard Dolan Here is a guy who is a cut above the rest. Here is another link for him

Michio Kaku As you can see he has that posture so yeah he fits here.And at least as ufology is concerned Kaku has the credentials he claims he has.

Stanton Friedman for bringing forth the roswell incident

Jacques Vallée Because his research and books are one of a kind

George Tsoukalos because aliens

I m sure i forgot some here too.And this is my list and ofcourse its not set in stone hope you find i usefull
edit on 18-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
John Lear. Soul collectors on the moon? I mean, c'mon.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Ya, you are missing the effervesence of arrogance...........David Wilcock.
edit on 18-5-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
John Lear. Soul collectors on the moon? I mean, c'mon.

Damn! That's who I was going to say. Really though,op,I think pretty much anyone who tries to make money off their sighting/contact is someone you shouldn't trust.

ETA : There was a few people in your post I didn't recognize.So i looked up Andrew Basiago. Really?!?! How can anyone believe that clown? I literally laughed out loud while reading about him.
edit on 18-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Alex Collier?

Has he even been proven to be a hoax?

Either way, I still watch them all for entertainment and store their info just in case the day comes where you're all wrong and they're right.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I agree with many on your list but how is David Icke a Ufologist?. He believes in interdimensional reptilian beings but that doesn't make him someone who studies UFOs. A conspiracy theorist yes, ufologist, no.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

An ufologist is a broad term.It encompasses not only those who study ufos but everyone who studies fringe phenomena.You may know the difference i may know it but some dont.So they coin ufologist any that dubbles in fringe phenomena. check this

That aside Icke has said the next major scare will be aliens along other things thats why i have him here.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
To include Art & George is a bit rough. They are responsible for reaching millions with new information on a daily basis. One chooses to believe or not what is discussed on their shows and if they, from time to time, find some information more believable than say, you do, well, that's their opinion and prerogative. They just interview people man.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How about Blinking Bill "You Are A Hybrid" Birnes?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Andrew Basiago has to come off the list. He isn't in any stretch a Ufologist, no one has debunked a thing he has said and he's been corroborated independently.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think IMSAM has the right idea.

It's simpler to list the people in ufology who aren't charlatans. It's a shame because I think there is something there worth studying but these idiots ruin it for everyone so that few serious researchers want to touch it with a bargepole.

In the UK we had Graham Birdsall in the 90's before he sadly passed away. He brought out the now defunct UFO magazine, which while heavily pro ETH was nevertheless relatively sober in it's reporting and tolerant of various viewpoints. That kind of approach has sadly gone, replaced by the likes of Michael Cohen (there's one for your charlatans list) who in my opinion actively promote hoaxes to get click-thru profit on their cheesy websites.

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Basiago says there's dinosaurs on Mars. That's debunked for being bloody stupid.

The craziest pair of whacksters - Michael Salla and Alfred Webre - have fallen out over whether Basiago's claim of plesiosaurs is too dumb to be true. These two are so totally wrong so often that they defy probability. They're somewhere close to Linda Moulton-Howe for backing the wrong horse consistently.

Speaking of Howe, she's four-square behind the Drone Hoax being true. In her mind, it's been proven a hoax so conclusively that it *must* therefore be true.

Her business associate, Whitley Strieber, is vehement that the Drone Hoax isn't a hoax and supports her. That casts him into the 'bad ufology' section too.

Bob 'BS' Dean has told a shocking amount of tall tales and shaggy dog stories. The network of conferences and promoters that give him a platform should all be considered 'bad ufology' for creating so much deception and bringing ridicule on the subject.

Right in the midst are Projects Camelot and Avalon. Like Howe and the Exopolitics guys, these also push channeled BS and 'scare 'em' conspiracies of evil aliens and NWO space-opera shenanigans.

The Romaneks are incredibly good at what they do. That patter is so smooth on the radio shows that they must rehearse - seriously. They must write a rough script and practice the crap out of it. Along the way, they squeeze in all the familiar memes > angelic aliens, multiple worlds, hybrids and Stan in that Minnie Mouse nightgown. Creative excellence.

Unsurprisingly, they all appear on Noory's C2C and laugh warmly at each other's jokes and threadbare, oft-repeated anecdotes.

"What's that you say Stan? Really! You went to the bathroom in your jockeys and came out in a Minnie Mouse nightgown?! Well gosh....those crazy aliens!"

It baffles me that the more wrong they are the louder folk will defend them.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be easier to list all those UFOlogists who have given us absolute proof that there really is something to study?

It's all entertainment... all of it and 99% of posters here at ATS are here only for the entertainment...

And what is wrong with getting money for providing entertainment? It's America, land of free enterprise where the market and demand dictates the flow of money.

So until we have an alien corpse on CNN or another Venusian ship lands on the White House lawn...

Its all just entertainment... and you all have most likely paid money to see a sci-fi flick...

So stop bitching
Your all just jealous of the guys like Jaimie who are popular and getting rich.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

gray barker, several of hiis friends have addmitted they pulled of many ufo hoaxes
clarksburglibrary.info...
though i saw a documentary a year ago where they claimed they never used any of their hoaxes as evidence

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Michio Kaku As you can see he has that posture so yeah he fits here.And at least as ufology is concerned Kaku has the credentials he claims he has.

You call this a reason to call him a hoaxer/liar whatever? Let me educate you: He is just a guy expressing opinion, call him a believer if you like, he is not a disinfo agent trying to purposly mislead people, he does nothing like that. Other than that he can't bring anything to the table because I think he isn't involved in anything. He's just a TV guy and scientist with opinion, idk what you find wrong in that?

??? Wtf. There is smth hidden about his constant and unneccessary Bob Lazar bashing which we got it the 1st times he criticized him but still - he's just a believer, he isnt making any disinfo campaign, he lets his belief jump more.

For example I am less certain than him there has been ETs on Earth, so again what's your problem with him?

While some are not trustworthy at all, you've no right to call others you don't know much about hoaxers just because you saw something isn't as you think. Most of them are stating opinions which are wrong and not objective, I wouldn't jump to absolute conclusions like them but that doesn't mean they are trying to mislead.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What do you guys think about Phil Schnieder, Real or fake? Allot of compelling stories and the fact that he was supposedly murdered after his lectures...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

so all of them..

thats what your saying..

all of them of frauds?

except
J. Allen Hynek?
edit on 18-5-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

You call this a reason to call him a hoaxer/liar whatever? Let me educate you: He is just a guy expressing opinion, call him a believer if you like, he is not a disinfo agent trying to purposly mislead people, he does nothing like that. Other than that he can't bring anything to the table because I think he isn't involved in anything. He's just a TV guy and scientist with opinion, idk what you find wrong in that?

??? Wtf. There is smth hidden about his constant and unneccessary Bob Lazar bashing which we got it the 1st times he criticized him but still - he's just a believer, he isnt making any disinfo campaign, he lets his belief jump more.

For example I am less certain than him there has been ETs on Earth, so again what's your problem with him?

While some are not trustworthy at all, you've no right to call others you don't know much about hoaxers just because you saw something isn't as you think. Most of them are stating opinions which are wrong and not objective, I wouldn't jump to absolute conclusions like them but that doesn't mean they are trying to mislead.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

You're confused. The OP made 2 posts. The first one is a list of "Bad" Ufologists.

The 2nd post was a list of "Good" Ufologists.

Michio Kaku and Stanton Friedman are on the OP's "Good" list, so I think you got a bit confused there.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Too many people ready to make money from lies.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join