It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity, Love and fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Not many understand the word love. The very word itself would cause people to shiver in place. It is
still confused with lust. There was a time, I didn't understand it, in fact i hated it. All it had done was bring me nothing but despair.I watched how saying it to others caused me to lose friendships. A simple act of kindness would have people turn their backs on me and this brought intense fear. Fear of ending up alone.

So I made a choice, to accommodate others at my expense. This happened many times after being called selfish. I began to try and please everyone, developing altered egos and pretending to be something I was not. I became an a** H*** because people began looking up to me for my ruthlessness. And this empowered my ego, but it slowly consumed my heart to the point where I was cold.

I hurt others for the sake of cheap laughter. I disregarded people's feelings just so I could blend in with the crowd. I became divided in slices, trying to please everyone while sacrificing myself. I figured, as long as I wasn't alone, it would be worth it.

But I was wrong. The result of my actions caused me to lose myself even more, and i had ost my way back. I didn't know who I was anymore. The result of ego and alter ego's became my inner demons. And it took quite awhile to find myself again underneath all the garbage that was piled up.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where true love is feared and misunderstood. The world of lust tries desperately not to allow love to flourish. It portrays love as fear, as the black-sheep.Through fear comes insecurities, lack of balance and loss of faith.

It is sad, when one says the words "I love you" to spark up fear into the heart of another person. Or when someone does an act of kindness, they are all of a sudden judged for it and pushed aside.

This is the message I bring to you, and this is why I expect people who preach about love
to be compassionate, understanding and patient. Change starts with your actions, not your preaching. Show the person and the world you care, no matter how bad, dark they may appear to be. Don't reject them, that makes them feel worse. It makes them feel UNLOVED. It makes them feel rejected.

I am not saying this to insult anyone, im simply stating a reality. It is hypocritical to preach about unity when you yourself reject others. Unity is about acceptance of the whole. NOT rejection.

When all is said and done, that person you rejected, sooner or later will blossom, and reveal what is hidden
behind the dark veil. We are all one, right?, then see others as YOU, treat others as you would like to be treated.

This is the only way to change the world. It starts with you.
And it starts by losing fear

edit on 18-5-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I love you for your honesty, there should be more of that.
Beautiful thread.
Practise what you preach, always a good reminder.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to RisenAngel77

Perhaps some crave a harmony of spirit and ideal, a golden framed ode to eden, the company of the common being.
Perhaps others entirely do not.
Perhaps there are those who think; "It is a splendid day to assert myself over and above all."
Serious though Angel, peace sours in the belly of many, hatred and vengance are the comforts known to others who would welcome those who would be kings.
To be the absolute ruler of human kind requires only that everyone agree it would be best because to think otherwise was to be hanged on market square at the first frost?
Kick in Metal Health, crank amps to 11, rip up the universe.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Not many understand the word love. The very word itself would cause people to shiver in place. It is
still confused with lust.

In my eyes I see the world, and I do see much fear, but I see a deliberate decision to hate. If if they knew love and didn't get it confused - they wouldn't want to love others.

I don't know if I should get excited and jump in front of their face to wake them up out of their stupid dream or what.

top topics

join