It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska Event: The "Impactor" is buried in the bottom of Lake Cheko!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
To be honest it sounds like all they found was one of those large metal domes that locals reported, and that were later verified to exist for a time after the impact, but then subsequently sunk below the muck of the swamp. I may be wrong, but that sounds like the most plausible explanation, although I have no clue where those things came from to begin with. Maybe it lends credence to those who believe in aliens, lol. It's possible.

I just though there was a consensus that any celestial impact would not have left and evidence, as it would have been destroyed upon entering the atmosphere. I didn't catch how large they say the thing is, so I could be way off, but I think for those who have never heard of these mysterious objects it would be worth your time to look into them.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Not if it was a rocky/stone asteroid, the stress and heat from entering the atmosphere would have caused it to explode mid flight, probably reducing it to dust, very little would have survived, only particles of dust and maybe the odd larger piece. Evidence of this may be present, but they wouldn't have found it in the early 20th century.
edit on 18/5/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Agreed.

My point was the certainty with with scientists on various shows have stated there was no possibility of an impactor because their high-speed computer model demonstrated otherwise. What happens now if there is one?

I have no horse in the race either way. Either possibility I find fascinating. Sounds like a totally cool trip to go find out...with the exceptions of all the mosquitoes

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Double Post
edit on 18-5-2012 by ABNARTY because: dp

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
what I found interesting from the videos posted on the history of Tunguska was the reports of earthquake lights prior to the event. There have been several posts here about coloured skies prior to earthquakes. But in this case, it makes you wonder what that phenomenon is all about if the Tunguska incident was not the result of an eathquake or something underground. Are coloured skies solely related to the earth and earthquakes, or are they something else that show up before any kind of disaster where energy is released.

sampling of many posts on earthquake lights

Peru see's earthlights in the sky before earthquake

More UFO (Earthquake?) Lights. Toyama, NW Japan

edit on 18/5/12 by passit because: corrected hyperlink

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY

Agreed.

My point was the certainty with with scientists on various shows have stated there was no possibility of an impactor because their high-speed computer model demonstrated otherwise. What happens now if there is one?

There's always been multiple theories on this, dozens even, so they're all bound to be wrong in the end, except one. If there proves to be an impactor it will prove one of the theories correct it would seem. Either that, or the new data will suggest a totally new scenario.

That's how science works. Eventually you get a piece of irrefutable data that proves one theory correct, after that the others pretty much go in the dustbin.
edit on 5/19/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Was told many years ago by a good source.
It was Tesla's Death Ray that took down the forrest in Siberia.

Just Google it - it makes sense.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

You may fully appreciate and understand that but it is obvious too many scientists stake a living one one possibility. They build their careers on that pet hypothesis, and get quite negative to anything which threatens it. Sometimes regardless of the science.

I am not just talking about this event, merely using it as an example.

Look at the supposed Bible Codes. Both sides are positive they are right, claim science is on their side, and attempt to discredit their opponents. Look at the different theories on when North America was first populated. Climate change. Dark Matter. The list goes on and on.

To claim the scientific community is a bastion of calm, collected, clear thinking individuals who merely look at the facts in a cold, calculated manner, hunches and reputations be damned, is not a clear portrayal of reality.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Yeh that would be cool if they did find one , however didnt locals report that anyone who came into contact with them got sick and lost their hair then vomitted and died.

This most likely radiation sickness !

I remember reading loads on the Orb structures

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
Was told many years ago by a good source.
It was Tesla's Death Ray that took down the forrest in Siberia.

Just Google it - it makes sense.

Peace

maybe the obejct is a fulgurite caused by the bolt of lightning from Teslas's experiment?
www.minresco.com...

the crater was made when the marshy soil was blown back out of an impact point like a lightning strike. it would've also accounted for all the lit up skies. it will be interesting to see the shape and composition

edit on 19-5-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They will find the impactor and it will be a capsule. They will open it on May 20th and out of it's long slumber will come a tall man of silver hair, pale skin and blue eyes. The serpent has returned!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

but this study was published may 12

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Interesting that this discovery is probably going to be accepted as the "meteoric" cause of the Tunguska event. Especially since any fragment recovered from the river side lake will no doubt fetch a good sum of money on Ebay ? Which smells like a hoax to me. However, what if the Tunguska event was something a bit more interesting ? Like a plasma explosion from a volcanic caldera ? In order to understand my point of view you will need to understand the scientific basis for the hollow earth theory. Obviously one big question that people immediately ask about the hollow earth theory is "Where do volcano's come from then" ? My answer to that question is that volcano's are driven by Cosmic Ray Induction. In other words volcano's are formed by electric charges that form in the lithosphere. Electric charges put there by Cosmic Ray Induction, which also generates the earths magnetic field as well as its gravity. So was the Tunguska explosion volcanic ? Here I am not talking about the usual volcano. I am drawing your attention to a different kind of volcanic activity that is sudden, very brief, but extremely destructive. An electrical discharge far more powerful than the lightnings we associate with storm activity. However, still nothing more than an electric lightning discharge. To cause the Tunguska explosion the power of the electric lightning would have to be millions of times more powerful than normal lighning activity. That is my original theory. A volcano would form if the line of conduction were continuous over a long enough period of time. If the discharge was sudden and only brief then no volcano would develop and all that we would see is what we see at the site of the Tunguska explosion. Perhaps this kind of electrical phenomenon is more common than you might think. Is this why we find sites of vitrification in the sahara ? Indeed sites of vitrification all around the world at various locations ? Instead of having to invoke the idea that stone age man possessed nuclear weapons, all that we need understand is that the ground is continually being electrically charged by Cosmic Ray Induction and that occassionally there are a few sparks ! What will the media response be if such an electric explosion occurred tomorrow somewhere in the USA ? Would the government understand it to be simply a natural phenomenon ? Or would they suggest that terrorists are to blame ? Lake Cheko might be simply the crater left behind after the electrical explosion that came out of the ground at that precise locaton. I am convinced that literally near on all of the craters on the Moon are also the scars left after such electrical explosions caused by Cosmic Ray Induction. All stars and planets are hollow !
edit on 19/5/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Aliens did it

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Well, aliens or not, but the Tunguska event seems to have been much more complicated than just an asteroid impact. When surfing the Internet, I have found a concise but informative exposition of this problem at www.tunguskamystery.info... . And somehow I doubt that the “impactor” will soon be excavated from the lake bottom. During the last 100+ years the public has often read: “The Great Enigma of the Tunguska Meteorite Has Been (almost...) Solved!” But nothing substantial has ever followed. Most probably, the same will happen this time as well.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I remember seeing a video on this subject and the scientist seemed to agree that whatever it was exploded in the air. They explained why but this explanation did seem ropey. Anyway, later in the program, a local museum curator came on the program claiming that alien technology had shot the meteorite down and offering proof from his collection of antiquities.

The key thing about this mystery is:
- Explosion in mid air was a pretty big disaster
- Had the fill explosion been at ground level, it would have been a whole lot bigger disaster

So the alien technology theory is as good as any other theory (in my view)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Great to see new evidence on the various theories

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Perhaps the most enigmatic aspect of the Tunguska explosion is its geomagnetic effect. I would like to cite the above-mentioned Internet article:
“In 1958 American geophysicists made an unexpected discovery. It turned out that man had obtained the ability to produce geomagnetic disturbances in the atmosphere – namely, local geomagnetic storms lasting up to one hour, or more. These local geomagnetic storms were recorded, for the first time, in August 1958, when powerful thermonuclear charges exploded over a small island in the Pacific at altitudes of 76 and 42 kilometers. Very soon, scientists uncovered the cause of this effect. It was the fiery ball of the nuclear explosion, producing intense radiation and neutron fluxes. Under the influence of this radiation the level of ionization of the ionosphere increases sharply, producing electric currents that creates a magnetic disturbance.
“But a similar geomagnetic effect occurred several minutes after the Tunguska explosion! It was recorded on magnetometers of the Irkutsk Magnetic and Meteorological Observatory, but forgotten about for many years. Only in the summer of 1959 did Dr. Kim Ivanov, a young but already experienced geophysicist working at this Observatory, find these records in its archives.
“During seven hours before the explosion of the Tunguska space body, the geomagnetic field was very calm. At 0 h 20 min GMT, that is six minutes after this body exploded, the intensity of the geomagnetic field increased abruptly, reaching its maximum value at 0 h 40 min GMT. It remained at the same level for the next 14 minutes and then began to decrease. But the initial undisturbed level of the geomagnetic field returned only five hours later. This process differed utterly from usual natural geomagnetic storms generated by solar flares, being identical to artificial geomagnetic storms generated by nuclear explosions in the upper atmosphere.”
Neither an asteroid nor a comet impact could have produced such an affect. So... But alien technology shooting down the Tunguska meteorite looks, nonetheless, improbable.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gabor2000
Neither an asteroid nor a comet impact could have produced such an affect.

Not true. That web site is a bunch of pseudoscience.

It's saying an asteroid/comet fragment entering the atmosphere would result in geomagnetic effects that are not at all like those produced when a nuclear devise detonates, but that is wrong The effects are very much like those of a nuclear blast, although each has it's own signature.

US-DOD/AF satellites that monitor the atmosphere for illegal weapons testing also pick up large objects that enter the atmosphere and release large amounts of energy: US Department of Defence Public Releases of Bolide Data.

But of course, Tunguska was the largest ever bolide/fireball in recorded history, so I don't think it would be surprising that it might have slightly different characteristics compared to smaller objects that are relatively frequently detected hitting the atmosphere.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm not up on my Tunguska facts. Was Lake Cheko never mapped prior to the event? If not and the Lake was formed by the impact, shouldn't it be rather easy to tell the age of a fairly young earth feature such as a new lake? Seems like it would be a pretty easy geology puzzle to solve IMO.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join