It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lookout US and Europe markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's going to be a really bad day tomorrow even with Facebook launching its IPO!
Asian and australian markets have just taken a s!$t and that's just a precursor to US markets.
It looks like not only Greece but now Spain is looking very dangerous.
I don't know how this will end and I don't pray but please look out for your retirement accounts! I've seen what
Happened to IRA's to family members in 2008 and it wasn't pretty!

Here is a link
m.cnbc.com...

The Dow futures went from + 61 points 4 hours ago to -42 points when checking right now!
This is going to be a big day! Key statements to look for are, QE3, austerity in Greece has failed and euro exit by Greece.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Flyzoid because: Stay vigilant

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's going to be time to buy soon. And I never have the money fitting these times

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Yes I agree I should have bought into Citigroup after 2008 collapse I think at its worst it was 28 cents a share!!
I begged my wife because we had some sort of savings and I had strafe account but she didn't want to because we were young and she was scared from all the craziness! I will forever kick myself in the a!! For that one

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The futures is looking like open market trading. Roller coasting up and down!! I've never seen it fluctuate like this before while the market is closed

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Looks like it is happening very quickly!! Greece am be leaving the euro zone
Very very soon!

stream.rnmd.net... =cnbc_web-4fb5fc6a9bc90&res=16x9&adinsert=1

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm not worried I have enough survival gear. I have $10000 in hunting and fishing gear. I have a deep freezer full of fish small game and deer meat. I have more fish then I can eat.

I lost almost everything I had back before 08. My fishing and hunting gear was the only thing I didn't sell.

If the sh*t really hits the fan I want to see rich people jumping off roof tops. Personally I want to see money become worthless.

I want to see the greedy people in this country suffer.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Why would rich people ju,p off roof tops. Many will make billions if there is a Euro crash. The middle class and the poor will take the hit while the very richest will be able to buy up land and property at very low costs.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The ECB might fart and the banks take in a deep sniff and voila, stocks and banks will be trading up again.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Spains youth is 48% unemployed, adults 25% unemployed, another country to watch, closely, Ireland is getting really fed up with it all, I am wondering just what will be the spark to set all those countries alight.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

The spark will be Greece coming out of the Euro. They have spent the best part of 2 years trying to sort out the Greek crisis and have failed miserably. Conditions in Greece are deteriorating rapidly. They have nothing to help them get out of this mess.

Seems they are readying up to move back to the drachma

De La Rue (DLAR.L) has drawn up contingency plans to print drachma banknotes should Greece exit the euro and approach the British money printer, an industry source told Reuters on Friday.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

So yes, the move in debt spreads over the last 48 hours has increased the odds of something major to come. If recovery comes soon, I suspect things will be just fine.

If not? Then I believe equities could undergo a very serious break reminiscent of the May 6 Flash Crash.
Notice that this isn't a prediction, but a statement about how such a scenario could occur if indeed junk debt deteriorates further beyond the last 48 hours, and under the assumption that the magnitude of a decline could lead equities lower.

www.marketwatch.com...

other sources say that the Spanish banks being downgraded are a real cause for this activity

side issue:
glad i bought some more gold shares on wednesday because it went up $40 on Thursday & is up another $15 on friday (today)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
My wife is changing jobs and I told her to pull everything out of her retirement account. We're just going to sit on it awhile till we see where things are going. Thinking about buying land farther out in the country.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
My wife is changing jobs and I told her to pull everything out of her retirement account. We're just going to sit on it awhile till we see where things are going. Thinking about buying land farther out in the country.

NO.......Tell her to put all her 401K into cash instead of stocks. The money being pulled out of these banks are being converted into dollars.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

This is my personal opinion but I don't believe anyone will make money off a euro crash! I believe there
Won't be a single person in this world that wouldnt be affected by this coming crisis. I'm not sure, but I believe this qualifies as a shtf situation

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

other sources say that the Spanish banks being downgraded are a real cause for this activity

TO Add:

its not just the Spanish & Greek banks in dire straights...

read this: theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

title: 18 Signs That The Banking Crisis In Europe Has Just Gone From Bad To Worse

With each passing day, the banking crisis in Europe escalates. ...

the Asian markets were just reacting to the close of the American DOW the day before, which dropped the bottom in the last half-hour...about 100 pts

top topics

join