It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu , Facts and Variables.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's happened to me as well, although it's usually something small or mundane. No EQ predictions from me. But I confirm from experience it happens and it isn't "instant" or "primitive brain" stuff, either. Star and flag

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't know if age has anything to do with it. I'm 35 and have always experience deja vu. One of my Sister in law's theory is: "When you experience dejavu it means you are not on the right path in life. It would be best to change something major in your life in order to fulfill your destiny." She also stated that if you ignore deja vu and don't make necessary changes she believes you will be destined to reincarnate to Earth again.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

she's close, deja vu is remembering the future you see in your dreams, and usually its something you regret

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thanks so much for making this thread.. Very cool.
As a small child I had numerous experiences with deja vu. I began to realize while having conversations with my friends or eating dinner or something, that I'd had a dream just like it, say, last night, a month ago, etc. I began to recognize the feeling when I got a dream that would eventually come true, and encouraged it.
I could also see auras for quite a while into my childhood and was telekinetic.
Of course, I didn't know any of this wasn't "normal" or that it was "special". In fact it was a bit of a game to me.

I might PM you if that's okay? I'd really like to see if I can't tap into this again.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by uraeus

by all means msg me if you need to discuss it with someone, lord knows I can't talk about it except around a select few people because most will think we're bat crap crazy

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

You used the word 'lord'. I am not religious, not sure about you. I don't have much time to read through all since I am at work but some of the things you mentioned - familiarity from dreams, you just described the same thing happening to me more than fifty and counting times.

While we tend to forget dreams that I call level 1 (unimportant dreams, some forgotten even when you wake up in the morning! - it seems they hit you - my most recent being how I am talking to a colleague at work, in the evening, about food - I was talking to him then 'wait a minute, this situation, I've seen it',,, - and that may have been dreamed months ago which was before I even met him.

The most evident case I had about a dream I remember quite well can be found here about being in some hills and mountains that I later went to, or the gym in Germany that I dreamed long before I had known I was even going to such place:

Actually if you go through this thread in my last post I explain some deja vu things
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Imtor
Thanks for the post. One thing I can tell you is I do have dreams of places I have never seen before and situations I cannot even imagine, then I do them or go to them. and then I feel I have seen what I am doing in a dream before.. I am not talking about well-known places you see on TV, I mean unimportant and totally RANDOM PLACES.

Example: I once had a dream of going in some peak then down some grassy valley, in the same dream I later go to some rocky place with a valley below and it's sunny. Never seen that place before, it's not a sighting, it's a totally random place like in the middle of your way. And I saw the exact same place when I went to one of our mountains, the feeling I've seen that place before HIT ME.. And many dreams and cases like this one.

It has nothing to do with thinking too much about it because I really didn't care... but dreaming the place with accuracy..

COMPARISON W REALITY REPITITIVITY:. Lately I come back from work in the evening, I get off at a bus stop, and every evening I look into the night sky, I see one train passing on a nearby bridge from left to right, then the next one from right to left - I just do the same thing, watching the trains come and go. I then watch a van with some logo and company also passing on the road.

I repeat this every evening and I do not have feeling of dejavu even though I do it day after day. But in the dreams... it just hits you and you remember well what you dreamed and that it was the same. I am not saying every dream I have is realistic but I can count more than fifty that have retold me soem future

I do have this deja vu many times. Yes I have had dreams of cataclysms and even the latest (that I call Level 3 for leaving strong impression) alien encounter.

I am not crazy, what's more I am not a believer in crazy stories, I am objective when it comes to such but I do have things I can't explain happening...

For a reference, I recently became 26, I am a Virgo.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

im not religious but I do believe there is a being above the rest, its the natural order of things, bit I look at it this way, we as humans make video games, simulations, etc and we can directly influence them and even control characters there but we cant actually go in the simulation. I would propose the same concept is a rule for any being in dimensions higher than ours. As for dreams of cataclysms and alien contacts, you gotta understand that while dreaming 9 times outta 10 most people are watching some form of tv or movie for hours a day and cant tell the difference in their dreams , I had the same problem but now that I can tell the difference ive seen pretty far out and from what I can tell there hasn't been contact with another race yet up 6 months from today

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm glad you realized deja vu stems from dreaming. A few years ago, my deja vu changed to where instead of saying to myself "I've seen this becore", the first thing that popped into my head was "I've dreamed this before.

The real question is are you seeing the future or creating the future? I tend to think we're creating the future since I've reached the conclusion that dreams are an expression of duality. The probability waveform counterpart to the solid particle reality of the waking world. Since physics tells us everything exists first as a waveform, and the act of observing it collapses that waveform function into a single outcome, then it tends to follow that dreams would shape reality.

I strongly disagree with your ideas on trying to change deja vu. We are always in full control of our dreams even if we don't realize it. Master dream control and and you'll realize these future events aren't fixed, but the result of how you focus your attention. If you're interested in dream control, you should check this thread
www.dreamviews.com...

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
Another way to induce deja vu is whatever you're doing right before going to sleep, try and remember it as long as you can until you pass out, does you no good since its not going to help you in the present but change the future and you alter the past, and making that a routine means future you will do it to, see where i'm going with this? Routine and Recollection.

Don't get too caught up in Astral Projection, it's just a dream. What you described there is a good way to induce an AP experience. Usually dreams form around hypnogogic imagery, using the images as a seed. But sometimes we skip the hypnogogic stage and enter directly into dreaming. When this happens, the dream seed defaults to the last thing you were aware of, which is being in your bed, and the dream forms around that creating the so called Astral experience.

That's not to say that astral type experiences are any less paranormal in nature, but that dreams are more paranormal than most would believe.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The dreams that I talked about are not related to cataclysms and such... but I do have dreams of regular things that later happen. It has happened over fifty times, I am not sure if those about the cataclysms and aliens are from the realistic ones. Also the part with aliens, you cannot know what is being secret to say for sure what is and what is not.

But you should know, I have them when I neither dream, nor watch TOO MUCH TV.

In fact, some of my dreams about cataclysms were as early as 2007 at least those I started recording, and are long before the movies 2012 and such movies started to happen...

And no I am not one of those who watch too much such things and start dreaming them, if you cared to check out the link, I am talking about dreams of ordinary things that I have absolutely real deja vu going on about if you wanted to know if someone else has had for real such cases... I have and continue to have but I like it.
edit on 2-11-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

naw i already figured out almost to a T how Deja Vu works, and it actually revolves around light and its properties, its not just a dream, its just that in a dream you can see what you can't see when you are awake, AP isn't a dream either, AP is as real as you and me, think of this, close your eyes and think about the last conversation you had with someone in person, you can hear what they are saying without ears, see them without your eyes, speak to them without your mouth, a whole extra set of senses inside your head you didn't stop to think about, your soul/conscience is real and it can leave your body as it was put in there to begin with. Your body was born , your soul has always existed

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

i've steered away from t.v. for quite some time and yes i still have dreams of aliens and cataclysms and what i've stumbled upon is that your dreams aren't limited to a time span between what you see in your sleep, but if you have something on your mind before going to bed you'll usually see the next time it appears in your life, for example i think of aliens all the time, next thing i know i'm dreaming of watching prometheus before it comes out, time after that before bed i'm thinking of ridley scott making the movie and i'm watching aliens vs predators on AMC a week before it comes on during Fear Fest, the mind is an amazing thing we fail to give credit to, it does exactly what we want it to but not the way we want it to.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Interesting read. I was born in 1987 and my strongest deja vu encounter was not long after I had moved to BC from Alberta. I was 8 or 9yrs old and my class was going on a field trip to a local Indian Reserve and when I saw the place I knew I had been there before. I knew what all the buildings and teepees were used for and even where one building had been that was no longer there. As I had only moved to BC a year or two prior to this there is no way I had ever been to the Reserve.

I don't really know about deja vu through my dreams, I do remember my dreams, dream in color and great detail. There have been a couple recently where I wondered if it was something I was remembering from a past life. I had one small flash from probably my last life, I was seeing myself in a car under water. I always feel uncomfortable whenever I am watching a show and someone in a car ends up going off road and crashing into the water. I also had one of my boyfriend when I was channeling the flow of energy into him once when he had a bad muscle cramp. I saw him in a uniform fighting with a sword in some epic battle. It was only a quick flash but I knew beyond any doubt that it was my boyfriend I was looking at, just a different life.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

interesting, just out of curiosity but what is the name of the Indian Reserve you mentioned, my sister always tells me of a dream she has frequently of seeing me being in a very cold place with snow and meeting native americans in an open clearing covered in snow and the native americans were afraid of something coming through the forest near where we were, she said i looked unafraid but the indians were scared out of their mind and when whatever it is that comes through the tree line the trees fall over as if it was something large and the indians hide behind me just in time as i raise my hand and she wakes up. first time she told me this i figured she was seeing herself watching a movie or something but she's adamant it was me in the dream and i was dressed kinda funny searching for some native americans.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If I remember correctly it is the Okanagan Indian Reserve. I think it consists of a couple different tribes, either that or there are lots of different tribes in the area. I know BC has lots of different tribes & reserves, heck there are lots all over Canada. Well at one point, I don't know how many of them still exist today compared to some time in the past when you were living in a tribe.
edit on 9-11-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Do you live in the Okanagan? I used to live in Penticton

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I am not sure I understand you, but if you mean that by worrying or thinking too much of something - you will dream things about it? Yes, I know, e.g I lost something, I dream that I will find it again,

This is not the case with this dejavu - I was neither thinking, nor excited, nor caring and these dejavu just happen all the time, but I like it. And the dejavu happens about ordinary things - talking to a guy I don't even know in that dream, then I meet such guy, or let's say the appearance isnt always exactly as in the dream but what we are talking about - immediately comes to my mind as having experienced this conversation again.

For cataclysm and aliens - none have happened so far, we also have fictious dreams and real dreams of ordinary things. The dejavu happens exactly for such ordinary and RANDOM things -

I am excluding cases of ;I am planning to go to another city I know - I dream of going there' - of course this actually belongs to ;I am thinking too much about it, so I dream it; but the ones I talk about are random - I would not care to think ever of such situations due to being so random and unimportant - and yet they repeat from a dream
edit on 10-11-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Yes I live in the Okanagan. Sure is an interesting little hot spot of interesting happenings, they don't call it Supernatural British Columbia for nothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

no what i mean is whatever is on your mind the most to draw most of your focus just before bed or culminating in most of your thought process during the waking hours, your brain will reference it in your sleep to the next time it takes the same priority you've placed it in your waking hours, as for Deja Vu you see what's gonna happen all the time in your sleep yet remember mostly none of it when you wake up. Only during the Deepest levels of REM are you actually aware of what you are seeing.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
reply to post by Imtor

no what i mean is whatever is on your mind the most to draw most of your focus just before bed or culminating in most of your thought process during the waking hours, your brain will reference it in your sleep to the next time it takes the same priority you've placed it in your waking hours, as for Deja Vu you see what's gonna happen all the time in your sleep yet remember mostly none of it when you wake up. Only during the Deepest levels of REM are you actually aware of what you are seeing.

Not sure where you're heading, once again, the dreams I describe are not on my mind at all, neither before, nor after sleep. I explained already I am not talking about something on my mind - something I think too much about to reference it in the sleep..

Whenever I dream something like those I described - I dream them at times or even months of not thinking about it ever. And when I really read or thought about them e.g aliens, I don't dream them any of teh days around that, I dream then in the far future - from months to year after that.

And I said, the deja vu - I have clear cases showing I dreamed a place as it looks like, or the situation is as it was in my dream - before I even experienced it. I had at least few evident cases where I am certain about, but it happens all the time - rarely but from time to time, throughout the years.

Are you trying to tell me, all is in my head and I am dreaming only what is on my mind?..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

the last aprox two years have been so strange for me ! all my life especally after i was about 19 years old i have had dreams and premonitions that have come true even strangly enough they have come to me years before they happen i have spent most of my life trying to ignore it and i felt that i was different than everyone els and it made me very uneasy but in the last two or three years it has been very strong and ive somewhat ecepted it i guess you could say. aprox a year and a half ago i was really searching for answers to some very deep subjects like comparing different religionsand spirituality, beliefs, cultures, civilations. i really found myself being drawn to issues of dreams and meditation as i was what i felt getting closer to the answers i was looking for some family issues came up and everything that was suppose to be going well for me crumbled before my eyes! i was so frustrated and i felt like giving up. i was in a way forced to travel half way across the country and be around people i really didnt want to be and i was about one hour away from their house and i had a very uneasy feeling come over me and it kept growing..then i stopped dead in my tracks and went to a friends instead(someone that i had not known for very long) while visiting this friend i went for a walk and i started to pass a house that was dark and looked like no one was home as i continued down the road somthing stopped me a feeling i cant explain so i walked up to the house as i did i felt the pressence of two dogs(later found out that they lived there just at another time before) the owner of the home came to the door and i introduced myself and we began to talk and to make a long story short everything that we talked about was the same . same life happenings same likes same dislikes and the people that we secretly wished to be with in the past we quickly realized was eachother it was very intense when we spoke to each other for the next couple of weeks we were so shocked at what one would say that we often had a moment of speachlesness veerything was the same even the food we loved the habbits pet peevs prefences it was so bad that we teased one another about being twins BUT then we started thinking each others thoughts several times! i do belive this was whom i wished for and i did already know that i was suppose to meet them very close to the end of this world or at a big turning point of it. please tell me what you think of this i would love your opinion p.s. its not exactly hapily ever after like i thought it would be i think they have a personality dissorder and i am worried i feel like i am about to go through somthing and they wont be able to go if they cant change for the better. i feel it but i dont know what it means and its strong
edit on 12/06/2012 by sumrluvngrl because: your opinion

edit on 12/06/2012 by sumrluvngrl because: your opinion

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join