It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Democrat” Roy Schmidt Pulls Switcheroo, Jumps To GOP Too Late For Another Dem To Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My anger at democrats aside for the moment...What a turd!

*Warning* The linked blog contains vulgar language ( I changed the title for T&C's)

Ten minutes before the filing deadline to run for the Michigan House of Representatives on Tuesday, Rep. Roy Schmidt, a “Democrat” from the 76th District in Grand Rapids, switched parties and decided to run as a Republican. This gave the Democratic party no candidate in a very tough district for Democrats after last year’s redistricting.

It was a cowardly act and seems nearly inexplicable given Schmidt’s own bad-mouthing of Michigan Republicans. It’s particularly dickish given that he had Democrats out knocking doors for him during the previous week.

The nerve of this guy, deceiving American Voters like this. I honestly don't have much to say other than expressing my disgust. I truly hope Republican voters have some integrity and not deliver one single vote to this guy. Who wants someone that dishonest and tricky representing them in Washington?

Yuck!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
yea. That is pretty dirty.

But when is politics not these days?

Nothing much else to add.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

It get's better...

There is actually more to this story. It turns out that an unknown named Matt Mojzak filed to run as a Democrat in the 76th District just eight minutes before Schmidt pulled his dick move. Who is Mojzak? A friend of Schmidt’s nephew.

Today, however, Mojzak withdrew as a candidate, confirming that this was nothing more than a scam being pulled by Michigan Republicans.

Given this clearly orchestrated fraud, the MDP is now pressing for an investigation.

Somehow I doubt much will come of the investigation.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yep

There's a term for that RINO dirty politics as usual both sides do it.

Classic example of what's wrong with our political system it's always about them

Meh

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Common Good

It get's better...

There is actually more to this story. It turns out that an unknown named Matt Mojzak filed to run as a Democrat in the 76th District just eight minutes before Schmidt pulled his dick move. Who is Mojzak? A friend of Schmidt’s nephew.

Today, however, Mojzak withdrew as a candidate, confirming that this was nothing more than a scam being pulled by Michigan Republicans.

Given this clearly orchestrated fraud, the MDP is now pressing for an investigation.

Somehow I doubt much will come of the investigation.

It was an inside job.

How suprising right?

Motives for this may go deeper than what we will be told.

You would think there would be rules against switching parties like that while running for a position within a certain time frame.

But what does it really matter in the end right? Democrat-Republican. Two sides to the same coin. No matter which side they are on, they are still going to be dirty.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

...It must be rough on the conscience to be a Republican these days. Having to look at yourself in the mirror everyday knowing that you’re part of an organized effort to screw over the 99-percent for the benefit of the very wealthy on a daily basis must rub your soul into an inflamed, bloody mess.

You know.. I honestly don't believe it bothers them.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Soooo a guy is a Democrat.. and he acts like a Democrat.. and he votes like a Democrat..

Then becomes a Republican..

He's still a Democrat?

"Republican in Name Only"

RINO. He is a RINO. The voters shouldn't care what party he belongs to, since we are not supposed to be voting for parties anyways.. we vote for candidates.

top topics

join