It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Deja Vu? How Often? Constantly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have had deja vu for most of my life.
It doesn't happen as much now(I'm in my 40's).
But still happens every other month or so.
It sometimes is more when it comes in waves.

The other related thing that has happened since my late teens is TOTAL MEANINGLESS
Premonitions.
And I mean meaningless...
The most stupid thing I could imagine would happen.
This has been proven to my friends and family.
They used to think I was going crazy when I would tell them something,
until it did right in front of them.
I have allways wished I could harness this for my own use.
I can't...

Good post, thanks...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deathfromabove
I have had deja vu for most of my life.
It doesn't happen as much now(I'm in my 40's).
But still happens every other month or so.
It sometimes is more when it comes in waves.

The other related thing that has happened since my late teens is TOTAL MEANINGLESS
Premonitions.
And I mean meaningless...
The most stupid thing I could imagine would happen.
This has been proven to my friends and family.
They used to think I was going crazy when I would tell them something,
until it did right in front of them.
I have allways wished I could harness this for my own use.
I can't...

Good post, thanks...

i just made a thread about this that may help you bro, havn't been on ATS in a while yet now i'm on here and everyone is talking about what i went through and still go through, maybe it will help you link to thread

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just wrote this reply in another thread before I saw this one. The same applies here though. I am with the other poster who wished we knew more about deja vu. It is a shock & awe feeling for me every time as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Following post copied and pasted for convenience from the above link...

I have always had deja vu moments even as a small child. Though it has become more pronounced, stronger feelings (kind of like being punched in the gut at the aha moment), and it is occurring at least several times a week now.

This will sound weird to most I guess but I will throw it out here anyway. I have been getting the feeling (for at least 2 years) that I am somehow running behind. Strange I know considering that when that aha/deja vu moment strikes, you feel like you have already been there and done that. For a while now every time I am struck with that strong feeling, I am overwhelmed by the feeling that this just occurred a day or two before the fact. Not years ago, not in a different life or time. I am a very punctual person, so I am literally always 30 minutes early to anything and don't know why I feel like I am constantly running behind. Almost like I keep missing something and having to go back and redo it. Hey... I told it you it was strange. Go figure.

I have never thought about trying to change the outcome. Like you, I have experienced it enough times and in the middle of enough of those times to be able to consciously do something a bit different. Maybe I'll have a go at it and see what happens. If you have anything to add to this in the next few days (like if you feel different, notice something different) I would love to hear about it!

Maybe you'll win the lottery this week!!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I just wrote this reply in another thread before I saw this one. The same applies here though. I am with the other poster who wished we knew more about deja vu. It is a shock & awe feeling for me every time as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Following post copied and pasted for convenience from the above link...

I have always had deja vu moments even as a small child. Though it has become more pronounced, stronger feelings (kind of like being punched in the gut at the aha moment), and it is occurring at least several times a week now.

This will sound weird to most I guess but I will throw it out here anyway. I have been getting the feeling (for at least 2 years) that I am somehow running behind. Strange I know considering that when that aha/deja vu moment strikes, you feel like you have already been there and done that. For a while now every time I am struck with that strong feeling, I am overwhelmed by the feeling that this just occurred a day or two before the fact. Not years ago, not in a different life or time. I am a very punctual person, so I am literally always 30 minutes early to anything and don't know why I feel like I am constantly running behind. Almost like I keep missing something and having to go back and redo it. Hey... I told it you it was strange. Go figure.

I have never thought about trying to change the outcome. Like you, I have experienced it enough times and in the middle of enough of those times to be able to consciously do something a bit different. Maybe I'll have a go at it and see what happens. If you have anything to add to this in the next few days (like if you feel different, notice something different) I would love to hear about it!

Maybe you'll win the lottery this week!!

yea then u might wanna read my thread dude, get that lottery s**t outta ur head now, thats the LAST thing you want to use this gift on, trust me bro, don't do it don't do it don't do it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

yea then u might wanna read my thread dude, get that lottery s**t outta ur head now, thats the LAST thing you want to use this gift on, trust me bro, don't do it don't do it don't do it.

You might want to reread my reply as well. I didn't suggest anyone use it for that. The OP said that he made a conscious effort to change his course. My reply back was that, that change may have him winning the lottery next week.

Sorry you misunderstood. Also I am a female. Maybe sis would be more appropriate?

edit on 5/18/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have Deja Vu...all the time, as well. My last episode was Friday, while i was installing the support beams for a community center that i'm building. It was like i had already done them, in the "higher places".

My theory, as to what they are....could be compared to a part of the Lord's prayer...."on earth, as it is in heaven". I believe the timeline in heaven and on earth have met, at that same exact point of the Deja Vu. It's a signal that whatever path your on, is the path you want to stay on. Almost like walking in time, with heaven.

How do i come up with this theory? Well, if God KNEW us BEFORE He formed us in the womb (Jeremiah 1:5)...then that MUST MEAN....we were once in Heaven, with God....BEFORE HE prepared our earthly bodies. The Deja Vu feeling....is your rememberance of past things...that are now playing out, in present times.

We (people/mankind) are the end product....not the beginning. When we arrived on this planet....our lives we're already mapped out, for us...in advance...from the hospital to the grave. It was FINISHED BEFORE God created it. We're just acting out the part.

Again, i believe the more Deja Vus you have, the closer your walk is with God...the Creator, or your PURPOSE for existance! If you can't remember your last Deja Vu.....perhaps you should try a different MAP!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

You might want to reread my reply as well. I didn't suggest anyone use it for that. The OP said that he made a conscious effort to change his course. My reply back was that, that change may have him winning the lottery next week.

Sorry you misunderstood. Also I am a female. Maybe sis would be more appropriate?

u can be a female bro, the bro law is universal

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

u can be a female bro, the bro law is universal

I'll take it then.
I was actually referring to another thread and not your's. I am reading over your's now. Obviously there are quite a few folks here that have noticed an uptick in deja vu.

I had no clue of that until this evening. It makes me even more curious. If you noticed, I stated a 2 year period for mine increasing in frequency in this thread and the other. Weird to say the least.

OP has an excellent thread here.
I can't wait to see the responses in both!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

yea i noticed the threads starting up right around when my deja vu started getting more intense, i couldn't believe what i was seeing, but answers come in time, just gotta get there first

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If our Deja Vu is purely biological, ATS seems like a strange place for us all to find each other.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I could explain exactly what this is, but if I did it would blow you away. But then again why would you take my word for it? But you would know what I say is true in your gut,soul,intuition etc. I shall inform the ones I deem worthy and with that I say I look fwd to our next deja vu. Ps deja vu is one of the best experiences around.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's a partial seizure.

Your brain is having very low-grade epileptic episodes.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I DEJA-VU constantly. so much so that when it happens i just shrug it off. but i often find myself questioning what i did differently the first time, or how it could have gone. i also have this esp thingy where, i know what people are going to say before they say it, i will sing a song before getting into the car then turn the radio on and that song is playing(sometimes even picking up from the exact lyric im singing, although that could be because most songs on the radio or so damn repetitive). but yeah this is an absolutely true thing that happens, and its an in your face showing of different dimensions or wave lengths, it has to be. there is no other explanation for it. they there is no such thing as coincidence.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Crazy I was just thinking of Deja Vu and typing it in to a search engine about 2 hours ago and now here's a thread about it.... Every time I have one I seem to link it to some terrible event or think something very bad is going to happen, I do everything in my power to break the deja vu cycle and am successful for the most part but that doesn't change the fact I had it in the first place and luckily so far nothing bad has happened after it.....
edit on 18-5-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I Deja vu sometimes but then when I reminise for a while i figure out that I dreamt it in a past dream but its on a very rare occasion. like one time I lost a CD of my favorite band for a year or so and in my dream I was searching for something and I found a disk, woke up the next morning started looking for some of my school work in my closet and while i was there looking stumbled upon my CD, and I was like freaking out for a while asking my self didn't I just experence this?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
this post may make no sense to most of the reader's but here goes.

about 10 yrs ago i began having what i call " my wee turns" maybe 2 or 3 a year that last from 20 seconds to a few minutes, i will be going about my daily business doing general everyday stuff when bamm i see events/things that ive either dreamt about or stuff ive never seen before i will know exactly what people are going to say before they do.

the scary thing is that i see these things while fully awake, imagine your standing at the kitchen sink at home and visually being able to see your desk at work or see yourself walking down the stairs from the floor above. i know this makes no sense at all lol.

its like watching 2 tv sets at once 1 is reality the other is the vision,

no one i know has ever heard of it, friends have said ive zoned out while having these events or went very pale. i know im not explaining myself clearly enough but its hard to put into words.

some may not believe what i say next, i know its true and it wouldnt be very nice of me to make up so here goes.

mid october i had one of those awake visions in which my friends uncle was reaching out to me for help - 2 weeks later he was stabbed to death, i had never met the guy before this.

real kick in the balls was approx 6months ago i had a dream about my father whom ive had a very tempestuous relationship with ( i may add this was the 1 and only time ive ever dreamed about him)
well he came to me in the dream and told me he was ill and that he was dying, hugged me and told me he was sorry for the way thing turned out.

about 12 weeks ago he was diagnosed with a rare form of lung cancer, 5 wks ago tomorrow he passed away. we hadnt spoke for years before the diagnosis.

these are just 2 out of the many deja/vision type things that have been happening increasingly over the past year.

just wanna see if any of you are going through this too.

i would like to hear if anyone else has these things or similar events.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I've always tried to come up with a reason for this happening. What do you think?

Déjà vu ~ When God thinks something is so funny he has to rewind it to show it to his friends

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Just when I thought I experienced deja vu a lot, I find this thread. I couldn't imagine having that feeling so often. When I experience it though, 9 times out of 10 I am doing something so simple and insignificant that it seems like there is no reason for it. It usually comes and goes in a few seconds, but it seems like the episodes have started becoming longer as I get older (I'm 29 by the way, and have experienced this for about as long as I remember.) I know that as I've gotten older, my episodes have become more frequent, going from once a year or so as a kid, up to once every few months now. It also seemed that once I acknowledged the feeling, is when it would start to fade, but lately it's seemed to have the opposite effect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join