It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mormon Church is a Cult

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The Mountain Meadows massacre was caused in part by events relating to the Utah War, an 1857 deployment toward the Utah Territory of the United States Army, whose arrival was peaceful. In the summer of 1857, however, the Mormons expected an all-out invasion of apocalyptic significance. From July to September 1857, Mormon leaders and their followers prepared for a siege that could have ended up similar to the seven-year Bleeding Kansas problem occurring at the time. Mormons were required to stockpile grain, and were enjoined against selling grain to emigrants for use as cattle feed. As far-off Mormon colonies retreated, Parowan and Cedar City became isolated and vulnerable outposts. Brigham Young sought to enlist the help of Native American tribes in fighting the "Americans", encouraging them to steal cattle from emigrant trains, and to join Mormons in fighting the approaching army

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Your right. That's just human prejudices showing through. The bible is very clear, if you accept Jesus as your personal savior you go to Heaven. No other qualifications needed.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod
reply to post by MrSpad

Amen, Sunglasses Jesus.

Amen.
edit on 17-5-2012 by thesungod because: I put a space in sunglasses...

That is Kurt mother#in Russell in "The Thing". Not sunglasses Jesus"

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Annee

I know we have had our differences, but thanks for the insight into the Mormon church, I bought the book of Mormon at a garage sale many years ago, thought it was a little strange, but Mormons seem very passive as religions go, and I don't recall them violently waging any wars against any other faiths.
Peace

Thank you. I enjoyed my time with the Mormons. They are truly amazing people.

Ignorance is never a good reason for judgement.

It is best to have an open mind in regards to Joseph Smith. His demeanor is often described as "childlike" - - and its been said he had the "gift of sight" long before his encounter that was the beginning of this belief - - - which sounds more like an abduction experience then anything else.

All I got time for at the moment.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The mormon cult is based on a series of plates, not just 2 gold ones.

The Plates of Nephi
The Plates of Mormon
The Plates of Ether
The Brass Plates of Laban

In AD 421 Maroni sent the plates up to god to be hidden until the latter days. In 1827 the same Maroni, a ressurected personage, delivered the plates to Joseph Smith, who also happened to become a *FREEMASON...

These plates were deciphered using seeing stones and a hat.

makes me laugh every time...

"Had I anything to do with the negro , I would confine them by strict law to their own species and put them on a national equalization.''
Joseph Smith

"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable, sad, low in their habits, wild, and seemingly without the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so."
Brigham Young

The morman cult is a rapidly growing money making brainwashing machine, and it's easy, when every good mormon gives 10% of their income to pay their way into heaven...

*March 15, 1842 Joseph Smith joined a Masonic Lodge. The first set of jesus jammies (aka. garments), included the masonic compass and square on the left and right breast

link   
I think you could call any religious sect a cult really.
Some are just established cults.

The Mormons have a cool and strange story.
I used to love getting into discussions with them when they would come to the door

Just another way to see the world.

link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I cant believe the OP had to make a thread out of what everyone all ready knows. Mormons are sick, twisted, child molesting weirdos.But thats just my opinion based on what Ive seen

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

obviously you have never actually read the bible...

do your homework first...

its pretty simple once you know what your talking about..

to follow Jesus words.. what was written .. what he said..

you eat his flesh & drink his blood in remembrance of him, correct?

peter was the rock the church was built on..

there should not be thirty thousand different versions of what Christ wanted mankind to do to live for ever..

thats 30,000 registered in America alone..

do you see a problem here?

one bible. one message. one god.

but 30k different holier than you & I people to interpret how to obey god.

what did Jesus saw about the hollow jews who only followed the law but did not have it in their heart?

sin all week, pay some money, sin all week, etc, etc..

read more.. think about it..

it is not like saying "all blacks should think alike"

that statement shows your ignorance to the topic.

the so called christians turn on each other faster than anyone else..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I find your comments to be ignorant, why don't we look at the individuals and how the live and behave versus lumping all into a common pile. I am a christain, I am sadly disappointed by the actions of so many that claim to be Christain and even more so that they whom claim to be religous. You view would lump Hitler into the white race therfore making all white people monsters. Why don't we learn to judge a person on who they are, what they do. All of this christain bashing is expected and I am sure it will become worse as we reach the end times. I do not really care what happens in this world, it is irrelevant, a fool can see that the world is in a downward spiral ever aspect of the human race and enviornmental conditions are sliding further and further into the abyss. I apologize for the fake and phoney christains, they will surely get their just rewards.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

It's called, Ritualistic Child Abuse, and it was a big enough problem that the FBI looked into it

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

As a matter of speaking Warren Jeffs isn't the same sect of mormon as Mitt Romney. Warren Jeffs is FLDS, the fundamentalist. Huge difference between the two, just so you know..

Further more if you can't tell the difference between the two you obviously haven't been doing your homework. FLDS are the polygamy following child abusing, living on ranches sort and the LDS are the missionary, temples and Utah mormons. Let's deny ignorance and get it right people.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Ghost in the Machine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ATS is also a cult...

See how easy it is to label.

Carry on Cultist's.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Your right. That's just human prejudices showing through. The bible is very clear, if you accept Jesus as your personal savior you go to Heaven. No other qualifications needed.

wrong. thats not what is taught in the bible. the bible is very clear.

"I am the Lord thy God and thou shalt not have strange gods before me."

now, whats that about a mortal man taking the place of God that you have no proof of being the only mortal to rise from the dead who said his followers would have healing powers when gathered together in groups of 3 that called in true faith upon a spirit which has never resulted in anyone being healed for around 2000 years?

oh thats right.. its called blasphemy..

putting jesus before God is blasphemous. if you want to go by the books of the bible.

which you obviously do not.

obviously you did not read the bible.

you have no idea who Amen is, yet millions invoke this Deity daily in vain.. while breaking His commandments.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

HAHAHAH!!!!!

Yeah, youll get your just reward..

What happens when the endtimes dont happen and the world just goes on? I know that many people of your level of faith/ignorance will kill themselves before that happens, but just humor me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vageryn
reply to post by Panic2k11

There is actually some truth to this. While I was allowed to attend my sister's baptism and even a church service, I was not allowed to attend the Sealing Ceremony. Only Mormons could could bear witness to it. Oddly enough when she and her husband were sealed they didn't talk about it when I asked. They simply said it was awesome. I was encouraged to become Mormon so that I could be sealed with them, but it never sat right with me, but hey people believe what they want. To each their own as they say.

No different from not being able to take communion at a Catholic Church if you're not Catholic as well as the many other things they do.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by PurpleChiten

That's not true. I've been to Mormon Churches, have family members who are Mormon and I ask a lot of questions. They are just another denomination and worship the same God and the same Christ that all the other Christian denominations do

Did you watch the news last summer about Warren Jeffs, the former self styled "prophet" of the Church of Latter Day Saints? Do you really think that is an isolated incident? You don't know what goes on behind closed doors or what people do at the stroke of midnight in secrecy. There's also a reason they don't have windows on their cathedrals, similar to why Freemasons do not have windows on their lodges.

He wasn't a Mormon, he was a fringe of a fringe. Would you want Westboro Baptist Church to represent Baptists? Are they examples of what Baptists are? They have Baptist in their name, all Baptists must be just like them huh?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FoundingSon
i know a couple of mormons, they are good people. dumb, but good

The mormons I know are the best people I have ever met. They are the nicest. They are the most giving. They don't back stab. They don't insult. They go out of their way to help people. I'm sure not all mormons are like that, every group has their bad apples. But the dozen or so I've met or known through the years makes me wish more Christians were like their mormon brethren. I dont' believe what they believe .. but so what. They do their best and they give their best. Other Christians could learn a lot from them.

That's actually part of what they are expected to do. They also give a LOT of charity without being named. They feel they are supposed to help in whatever way they can and the glory should go to God, not to them, so they are almost always anonymous in their social "giving" of food, clothing and resources.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Warren Jeffs is not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon), he was in the fundamentalist group that branched off of the church long ago.

When polygamy was banned from the church there were some people who didn't agree with that doctrine and wanted to continue to practice so they split from the church and created their own religions. There are 2 main ones today.

His is called the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That church is in no way connected to the Mormon church you are thinking of. Their church has maybe a couple thousand members where the Mormons you're thinking about has over 14 million or so.

Polygamy was discontinued over 120 years ago and has not been permitted in the church since. If one practices it, they will be excommunicated. Also contrary to popular belief, polygamy in the early church was regulated to very few families. One could not pick up a girl on the street and demand that she marries them, polygamy was much less common than most people imagine.

Unfortunately people believe what they want to believe and will still make members of this church as cult-following antiChrists who want to destroy the world. If you really want to learn about this church and get all your anti question out of the way, go ask those missionaries riding around on bicycles. They'll be more than happy to help.

Or you can just keep hiding behind your computer screen and continue to illogically judge an entire group of people because their beliefs are not the same as yours.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I love the way people idolize Brigham Young, name schools after him, etc. One need only read the following sentence to realize that he was using his position to run a sex cult: "Brigham Young had somewhere between 57 and 61 children by 16 wives, 46 of his children lived until adulthood."

Read more
edit on 18-5-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb

i didn't condemn or judge anyone.the facts speak for themselves. this is not a matter of interpretation, it is a matter of creating new content not in the bible. Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship. it's like apples and oranges. The apple is clearly different than the orange so I am simply pointing out the differences. Mormonism is NOT Christianity.

Only in your opinion. In reality, they very much ARE Christians.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join