reply to post by colbe

All I hear is "Blah blah blah"

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Jump on the JW bandwagon if you wish, go for it.

No thanks, I'm happy where I am and hope they are happy where they are as well.
Not sure why anyone would want to limit someone else's expression of their freedom to choose (or not choose) a religion.

I'm not pro-limitation. I'm pro-information. People can choose that if they want to, it's a free country, but they will choose it with all the information available to them.

And I choose where and who I get that information from.

No skin off my back. It's still a matter of public record here even if you don't receive it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I have several books on false religions, cults, and the New Age movement for starters. And from listening to lectures from Dr. Ron Carlson, one of the world's leading experts on cults and false religions.

What exactly is a False religion?

I already went to ReligiousTolerance.org - - - and did my own research - - without Bias.

Everyone has bias. "Middle Ground" is non-existant.

Anyone can choose a non-bias position - - - no matter what they personally believe.

You choose not to - - - and judge every one else from your belief.

Please tell what the unbiased position is then. Even the atheist position is biased. I don't know how much Philosophy you're familiar with, but the idea of there being an unbiased "middle-ground" is self-refuting. There is always a bias. Dr. Ron Carlson is one of the world's foremost experts in the field of cults and false religions, going to him in that area is like going to Einstein in matters of Quantum Physics.

There is no false religion.

That's the part you are not getting.

So I can invent a religion today and it wouldn't be false? All religions made by man in an attempt to make themselves justified to God are false, they are invented and propagated by demons.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
was funny the other day when he was denying gay marriages whilst espousing " good traditional christian marriage" ....what s that mit? 1 wife , then another , then another all at the same time.The fact he is a mormon will stop him being presedent , many people will say they will vote for him , but wont ,imo

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I apologize for my anti-religion post. From this point forward I will not waste my time in religious threads of any kind and can justify my recusal knowing at the end of the day jokes on them.
edit on 22-5-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives
I apologize for my anti-religion post. From this point forward I will not waste my time in any religious threads of any kind and can justify my recusal knowing at the end of the day jokes on them.

Laughter is the best medicine they say. God bless you.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
was funny the other day when he was denying gay marriages whilst espousing " good traditional christian marriage" ....what s that mit? 1 wife , then another , then another all at the same time.The fact he is a mormon will stop him being presedent , many people will say they will vote for him , but wont ,imo

Funny, Romney has been married to the same woman, only one time... the "fundamentalists" like Gingrinch have multiple marriages under their belts, yet they're the ones screaming about polygamy (which doesn't exist in the Mormon church anyway)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So I can invent a religion today and it wouldn't be false? All religions made by man in an attempt to make themselves justified to God are false, they are invented and propagated by demons.

Why would you do that when, by example alone, you already have a false one? That would just be silly, although by your description, you do seem more than qualified.
edit on 22-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Except that cults are small sects and not global phenomenons...

Besides, who really cares about what mormons are doing with their lives anyway?

People are so worried about what other people choose to do or believe in, when they're probably just as $#!77Y as the next person. To point out the "faults" of a mormon, in order to put yourself on a pedestal is far worse than anything they've done in recent memory.

So, good luck living a life of hate.

Pathetic.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

People are so worried about what other people choose to do or believe in, when they're probably just as $#!77Y as the next person. To point out the "faults" of a mormon, in order to put yourself on a pedestal is far worse than anything they've done in recent memory.

So, good luck living a life of hate.

Pathetic.

I quite agree with this post. Nice one

I would also like to thank the Mormons for allowing me to use their genealogy center in Sacramento, and for being so very friendly and helpful to a non-Mormon

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Wait...are they man-made, or demon-made?
You can't seem to make up your mind.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There is no false religion.

That's the part you are not getting.

What is false?

God or justifying God?

You keep trying to justify your belief.

Demons

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

Can we stop with the multiple marriages? The official church ended that in 1890.

I'm sure I could pull up something in traditional Christianity that happened more then 100 years ago - - that is not relevant today.

In 1890, President Wilford Woodruff received a revelation that the leaders of the Church should cease teaching the practice of plural marriage mormon.org...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here are some selected quotes from a well known evangelical. For those who are here to support their religion, do you agree with these and see them as supportive of your faith? These are NOT from any Mormon and are not Mormon ideas, so don't think I'm trying to trick you into support of Mormonism, I'm not.

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

"The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and co-operation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life."

"The individual may establish with pain today that with the appearance of Christianity the first spiritual terror entered into the far freer ancient world, but he will not be able to contest the fact that since then the world has been afflicted and dominated by this coercion, and that coercion is broken only by coercion, and terror only by terror. Only then can a new state of affairs be constructively created. Political parties are inclined to compromises; philosophies never. Political parties even reckon with opponents; philosophies proclaim their infallibility."

"The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will."

"What Christianity achieves is not dogma, it does not seek the outward ecclesiastical form, but rather ethical principles.... There is not religion and no philosophy that equals it in its moral content; no philosophical ethics is better able to diffuse the tension between this life and the hereafter, from which Christianity and its ethic were born,"
"I have never found pleasure in maltreating others, even if I know it isn't possible to maintain oneself in the world without force. Life is granted only to those who fight the hardest. It is the law of life: Defend yourself! The time in which we live has the appearance of the collapse of this idea. It can still take 100 or 200 years. I am sorry that, like Moses, I can only see the Promised Land from a distance.

Someone you would like as a leader?
There's a difference in all the little upstart non-denominational, evangelical, right winged churches that pop up all over the place and actual Christians. They support these ideas of fighting, destruction, killing those in their way instead of allowing everyone to have their own beliefs.
edit on 22-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

Not necessarily true. There is no universally accepted definition of what constitutes a "cult" (in the modern negative sense of the word ie. a harmful group). Generally (by psychologist and those in the field) it is considered that a group is likely to be a "cult" when they do things like recruit and indoctrinate dishonestly, lack accountability/transparency, use certain techniques that are considered "mind control", knowingly or otherwise. Many above board groups (secular and religious) use some of these methods too, though they aren't all considered to be cults.

Some groups that are thought to be genuine mind control cults today, are reasonably large and widespread.

It is ironic that mainstream Christians tend to be very vocal in the anti cult community and often disparaging towards groups like the Mormons. IMO any group that manipulates through fear (hell for eternity if you don't tow the line etc) is already veering towards mind control and being "cultish". The irony being that Christian doctrine itself seems no more believable than Scientology anyway, IMO, possibly a little less so.

Agreed.

To point out the "faults" of a mormon, in order to put yourself on a pedestal is far worse than anything they've done in recent memory.

I agree with this also.

Whether a group is considered by anyone to be a cult or otherwise, doesn't necessarily reflect on the members personally. Some of the most genuine, intelligent and wonderful people I have ever met have been completely smitten by extremist cult groups who manipulate their lives terribly (often with some seemingly insane leader who claims some form of divinity). It's worth a study of groups like The People's Temple, Heaven's Gate etc. You might not always find members of such groups are the nutters you were expecting.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Sounds a bit like what the romans did after jesus died, telling all those lies about him to manipulate people's behavior. It's beyond my comprehension that these lies would still be told all these years later.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

*pst*

*whispers*

Mormons are not christians. Their Jesus came from outter space and he allows the marriage and fornication of multiple women and he will not allow you into heaven if you refuse a 9 year old bride and if you do not keep constantly breeding everytime one of your wives' ovulates.

Fundamental of mormonism...google Warren Jeffs and then ask yourself "where is Jesus in any of that?"

Mormonism is actually the Cult of Hathor (Egyptian fertility godess) and you can google that too. Mormons get more bootie than a toilet seat.
edit on 17-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

That's not true. I've been to Mormon Churches, have family members who are Mormon and I ask a lot of questions. They are just another denomination and worship the same God and the same Christ that all the other Christian denominations do.

You can go in their churches, you can't go in their Temples. If they got married in the church you can go, if the wedding is in the Temple you can't go. Even some Mormon's are not allowed in the temple if they're not in good standing.

They also don't believe the other Christian denominations are saved. I'm pretty sure every other Christian denomination believes other Christian's from other denominations are saved.
edit on 22-5-2012 by DLock119 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DLock119

They also don't believe the other Christian denominations are saved. I'm pretty sure every other Christian denomination believes other Christian's from other denominations are saved.
edit on 22-5-2012 by DLock119 because: (no reason given)

Mormons believe that you need to have ordinances (such as baptism) done by someone who has the proper authority. The authority was taken from the earth with the deaths of the Apostles, and was later restored to early Mormon leaders.

Since most of the world, now and throughout history will never have the chance to be baptized by one who has the authority we baptize living proxies for the dead. This is mainly what we use our temples for.

This doesn't make them Mormons but only gives them the chance to accept the ordnance in the next life, this way all of mankind can choose to be saved.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Why would you do that when, by example alone, you already have a false one? That would just be silly, although by your description, you do seem more than qualified.

What was my post above in response to hmm? The other member said there are no false religions.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Sounds a bit like what the romans did after jesus died, telling all those lies about him to manipulate people's behavior. It's beyond my comprehension that these lies would still be told all these years later.

Romans? They were to busy trying to kill all the Christians. Were you perhaps thinking of the Gnostics? They were from Alexandria Egypt. Besides, the Roman persecutions began at the tail end of the first century, the main assault "after Jesus died" was from the Jewish authorities. In the infancy of Christianity Rome couldn't care less.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join