It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Mormon Church is a Cult

page: 18
23
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by HardToStarboard
 


These ideas of Arianism comes from an individual who attempted to effect the canons. Joseph Smith got his info, in person, from an angel, and the gold tablets, as I understand.

Joseph Smith believed and taught that God was once an earthly human, who found ascension, and eventually left Earth and now inhabits another planet. Jesus is God's son, who he sent, from his planet, to teach and assist humans. How is that Arian?


It's Arian because LDS is stating the same thing that Arius introduced.


Incorrect, and if you did the research you only CLAIM you did, you would know that.
Also, stop stalking me and putting my name on other threads you write. I find it highly offensive, not to mention downright CREEPY!


I referenced your username on the thread I wrote; not your name.




posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by PurpleChiten
 


You blew his mind! He never heard of this idea before. NotYourTypical set him straight and told him there are a lot of posters on ATS making threads on this very topic. You're not the only one. Not the first or will you be the last to proffer this info.


It's atually getting really creepy. he/she posted on every thread I've started, posted my name in the new thread he/she made, misconstrued what was said, offered his/her own opinion instead of actual context... I feel like I'm being "stalked" here and it's downright CREEPY!!
Do they allow that kind of behavior or is it out of the ordinary?

I went ahead and did an alert and complaint since it was just really, really ... well....creepy
edit on 20-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

I referenced your username on the thread I wrote; not your name.


I don't think cross threading is an ethical thing to do.

Is that what we are talking about?



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

I referenced your username on the thread I wrote; not your name.


I don't think cross threading is an ethical thing to do.

Is that what we are talking about?

To an extent, yes, but going well beyond that. ... just downright stalking



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

I referenced your username on the thread I wrote; not your name.


I don't think cross threading is an ethical thing to do.

Is that what we are talking about?


Is there something in writing saying we can't start a new thread refencing an idea and/or person from another thread? I wasn't aware of that. I leaving this in the hands of the admins.



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard
 


I don't think so. I've seen it a lot, especially a poster giving credit to another member. I've also seen members stalk a member that they don't like, trying to debunk and derail everything thread they make and post in. I don't see that as the case here.



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by PurpleChiten
 


You blew his mind! He never heard of this idea before. NotYourTypical set him straight and told him there are a lot of posters on ATS making threads on this very topic. You're not the only one. Not the first or will you be the last to proffer this info.


It's atually getting really creepy. he/she posted on every thread I've started, posted my name in the new thread he/she made, misconstrued what was said, offered his/her own opinion instead of actual context... I feel like I'm being "stalked" here and it's downright CREEPY!!
Do they allow that kind of behavior or is it out of the ordinary?

I went ahead and did an alert and complaint since it was just really, really ... well....creepy
edit on 20-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)


I've logged a complaint as well. If you're going to accuse someone of a crime that's a very serious thing.



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by HardToStarboard
 


I don't think so. I've seen it a lot, especially a poster giving credit to another member. I've also seen members stalk a member that they don't like, trying to debunk and derail everything thread they make and post in. I don't see that as the case here.


It's definitely not the case. I did post to several of her threads and I did use her username in the thread I started referencing this thread. I also messages her a private apology for which I received no reply.

Being accused of a crime like stalking is something I don't take lightly. At. All.



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword
 


All these post are probably going to removed as "off topic," but before that happens let me just say, I follow the threads and posts of members that I admire and those that continually post topics that I have issue with, as well. Fans and foes!


Some I've developed a respectful relationships/friendship with!



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by PurpleChiten
 


You blew his mind! He never heard of this idea before. NotYourTypical set him straight and told him there are a lot of posters on ATS making threads on this very topic. You're not the only one. Not the first or will you be the last to proffer this info.


It's atually getting really creepy. he/she posted on every thread I've started, posted my name in the new thread he/she made, misconstrued what was said, offered his/her own opinion instead of actual context... I feel like I'm being "stalked" here and it's downright CREEPY!!
Do they allow that kind of behavior or is it out of the ordinary?

I went ahead and did an alert and complaint since it was just really, really ... well....creepy
edit on 20-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)


I've logged a complaint as well. If you're going to accuse someone of a crime that's a very serious thing.


Good, they won't have any trouble locating you



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by HardToStarboard
 


I don't think so. I've seen it a lot, especially a poster giving credit to another member. I've also seen members stalk a member that they don't like, trying to debunk and derail everything thread they make and post in. I don't see that as the case here.


It's definitely not the case. I did post to several of her threads and I did use her username in the thread I started referencing this thread. I also messages her a private apology for which I received no reply.

Being accused of a crime like stalking is something I don't take lightly. At. All.


You're doing it to someone else as well? Who is she?



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Stop it.

Please.



posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by PurpleChiten
 


You blew his mind! He never heard of this idea before. NotYourTypical set him straight and told him there are a lot of posters on ATS making threads on this very topic. You're not the only one. Not the first or will you be the last to proffer this info.


I did? Where?



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard
Is anyone here actually currently a practicing member of LDS?


I am an active Elder of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logmafia

Originally posted by HardToStarboard
Is anyone here actually currently a practicing member of LDS?


I am an active Elder of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


AWESOME!! Welcome to the thread and hope you do a much better job than I did! It's been several years, but I do have many family members that are still very active. I wish you the best! ... maybe some day I'll wander back in, I'm just not at that point right now.



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It seems closer to an abduction or "benevolent" ET intervention.



I'm not all that familiar with ET lore, I'll have to look into it. I am however very familiar with sleep paralysis hypnagogic hallucinations (SPHH) as I am married to someone with narcolepsy.

When my wife first started having these episodes, we were sure she was being attacked by something otherworldly. My wife has had some amazing and or terrifying episodes.

I can't say that everyone who reports these symptoms are just having SPHH, but I find it pretty telling that they all report almost the same experiences.



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
let's not be so hard with the OP,he just used the wrong word. Cognition problems.

He meant "cult" not much as an Organized religion,but more tribal, like those cults that end in mass suicide,without all the death.A cult as in "we are a small group who don't care about the world,we just wanna worship out true god(s)"



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
"we are a small group who don't care about the world,we just wanna worship out true god(s)"


With over 14 million members I don't think that definition fits either.



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by PurpleChiten
 


NotYourTypical set him straight and told him there are a lot of posters on ATS making threads on this very topic.

You're not the only one. Not the first or will you be the last to proffer this info.


I did? Where?


www.abovetopsecret.com...
Obligatory second heretical 2nd line.



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logmafia

Originally posted by Annee

It seems closer to an abduction or "benevolent" ET intervention.



I'm not all that familiar with ET lore, I'll have to look into it. I am however very familiar with sleep paralysis hypnagogic hallucinations (SPHH) as I am married to someone with narcolepsy.



I don't discount the brain as creating experiences.

I've had OBEs and other experiences since birth. Who knows what is really real.

I also saw a UFO - - clear blue skies - 4:30 in the afternoon - a self illuminating disk - that shot straight up until I couldn't see it any more - - after it had made a couple sweeps of the area.

Its just after 20 years of reading stuff (a lot of stuff) - - certain patterns begin to emerge - - and stuff falls into categories.

I personally think we are a created race - - but by beings more evolved then us - - that man interpreted as gods. And I think these beings are still amongst us - - and do contact people all the time - - for various reasons.




top topics



 
23
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join