It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mormon Church is a Cult

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture1200
reply to post by Annee

Then I would stand corrected. But I do have a question though. Why would any church or organization deny any group of persons, as you put it a "position of authority" at all if race was not an issue? I'm not at all saying it's the only one, but what else is there?

Until just recently, almost all of them denied women the right to hold positions of authority. Same thing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

reply to post by Annee

Then I would stand corrected. But I do have a question though. Why would any church or organization deny any group of persons, as you put it a "position of authority" at all if race was not an issue? I'm not at all saying it's the only one, but what else is there?

Until just recently, almost all of them denied women the right to hold positions of authority. Same thing.

Yup, I guess I would agree.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I know. He must belong to some fringe cult, huh?

Yup, he's definitely a member of a cult if he can't even admit that Christ is the Son of God

Sorry Christian Deist do not believe that Christ is the Son of God.

We believe Christ was a moral philosopher of Christianity.

But we are not a cult because we are not a organized religion( IE no organization to run things)

We do have our own bible the Jefferson bible also known as The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth.

oh by the way i am a excommunicated Mormon but will vote for Romney

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by windword

I know. He must belong to some fringe cult, huh?

Yup, he's definitely a member of a cult if he can't even admit that Christ is the Son of God

Sorry Christian Deist do not believe that Christ is the Son of God.

We believe Christ was a moral philosopher of Christianity.

But we are not a cult because we are not a organized religion( IE no organization to run things)

We do have our own bible the Jefferson bible also known as The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth.

oh by the way i am a excommunicated Mormon but will vote for Romney

That was a bit of "tongue in cheek" due to another poster claiming they had to agree with the trinity so I turned it around on him, it's not my actual feeling about it

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
All the Mormons I have met have been nice people. I would join their cult just for the women. The whole religion seems to be inspired by a magic mushroom trip in upstate New York. It is vast and wealthy. People tend to make up stories about strange rituals and of course there have been some offshoot groups who did have strange rituals involving having sex with children.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I just saw a patient who is a Methodist priest. I showed him our conversation on my iPad and he immediately remarked that your beliefs are Arianism and reminded me that this was the main debate at the Nicean Council. It's interesting that your belief that Jesus is not God, but other and subordinate to God is as old as it is. He said that some simply don't care anymore that the rejection of this core belief is heretical.

Extremely fascinating stuff and a good read on this painfully slow evening.

www.newadvent.org...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yup, I guess I would agree.

That - - and the "Curse of Ham"/"Mark of Cain.

God put a curse on the Canaanites (dark skin race). If God put a curse on them - - they can't be trusted with the highest authority.

We had to grow up - - just like we now have to grow up with Equality for gays.

'The Curse of Ham': Slavery and the Old Testament
The Book of Genesis records an instance of Noah cursing his son Ham's descendants to be slaves. Although there is no biblical evidence that Ham was the "father" of African peoples, various Jewish, Christian and Islamic writers came to believe that he was, and their association helped to justify centuries of African enslavement. www.npr.org...

edit on 19-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

I just saw a patient who is a Methodist priest. I showed him our conversation on my iPad and he immediately remarked that your beliefs are Arianism and reminded me that this was the main debate at the Nicean Council. It's interesting that your belief that Jesus is not God, but other and subordinate to God is as old as it is. He said that some simply don't care anymore that the rejection of this core belief is heretical.

www.newadvent.org...

Well, aren't you special.... my response is .... so?
I've not posted anything about MY beliefs, I've told you what Mormons believe, I've told you what the creed was, I've told you how it could be interpreted, We've talked about many things, but I never once said "This is what I believe and this is how it is", now did I? And you found a "Methodist priest" (which doesn't exist by the way) who decided to comment on MY beliefs? How odd....
I call BS on this post and most of your others as well. Good try though. Now move along [SNIP]. Isn't it funny how the dark ones always try to disguise themselves as angels of light? It's always such a dead giveaway...

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

L8R T8R

edit on 20-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2012 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

www.newadvent.org...

Well, aren't you special.... my response is .... so?
I've not posted anything about MY beliefs, I've told you what Mormons believe, I've told you what the creed was, I've told you how it could be interpreted, We've talked about many things, but I never once said "This is what I believe and this is how it is", now did I? And you found a "Methodist priest" (which doesn't exist by the way) who decided to comment on MY beliefs? How odd....
I call BS on this post and most of your others as well. Good try though. Now move along you wolf in sheeps clothing, you false witness, you bidder of darkness. Isn't it funny how the dark ones always try to disguise themselves as angels of light? It's always such a dead giveaway...
L8R T8R

You most definitely posted about your beliefs regarding this subject (Arianism). On page 15 of this thread at exactly 5:55 you stated that "God was not wholly present in Jesus." That's Arianism, plain and simple.

Your name calling and attempt to be hurtful is beneath you. I expected more integrity than that. Still, I wish you well and don't harbor any hatred or contempt against you as you obviously seem to do with me. This will be my last response on this thread.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You most definitely posted about your beliefs regarding this subject (Arianism). On page 15 of this thread at exactly 5:55 you stated that "God was not wholly present in Jesus." That's Arianism, plain and simple.

Your name calling and attempt to be hurtful is beneath you. I expected more integrity than that. Still, I wish you well and don't harbor any hatred or contempt against you as you obviously seem to do with me. This will be my last response on this thread.

No sweetie, look back, I was explaining a theory that you were attacking since they weren't here to explain it themselves

Name calling? No, just speaking the truth, not name calling at all

Hate you? Nah, that would require that I have some sort of feeling for you and I really don't. You're just a name on a message board, nothing else. No offense, you just aren't very important to me, sorry.
Sure ya do, you harbor all kinds of contempt, all kinds of hatred, and you are now embarassed that you've been shown for what you are. As far as you last response on this thread.... wanna bet? I've lost bets before, so it's no big deal to me, but I'm pretty sure you just won't be able to help yourself from posting again because that's the kind of "being" you are. Empty threats, constant attacking, disguising it as something else, that's how your kind works. You could at least try to be a little interesting while you do it, just sayin...
Also, by saying it's the last post on the thread, it's a win/win for me. Either you lied and you come back and post again, showing what you are or you don't post again and we don't have to deal with your silliness anymore. Can't get much better than that!
(notice how I made it so he can't possibly post again and hold his head up? kewl huh?
)

If you want to avoid being exposed to truth, don't shroud yourself in lies, it opens you up like a "welcome" mat

L8R T8R

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Pagan and Occult Symbols in Mormonism:

What do you think the Cross is?

for you?
A stumbling block

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Anyone with a brain cell left can see that this is so....so good answer!

She spouted the same type thing/question in another thread . I already answered this for her ...and people do NOT trust a CROSS to save them. We do not trust a cross for salvation like they trust their magical underwear makes them more spiritual... that it is required ,etc.

We trust JESUS alone... It just so happens that His finished work was done upon that old rugged cross though!!!... Blinded minds will never see Truth.
edit on 20-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
All religions are dangerous cults

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
All religions are dangerous cults

Then you can say All and Any organization where people gather of / to share in same thought is a cult.

Religions can be dangerous - - especially those that try to control government.

It is the individual who gives up his/her own mind to others where the danger lies.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Sure ya do, you harbor all kinds of contempt, all kinds of hatred, and you are now embarassed that you've been shown for what you are. As far as you last response on this thread.... wanna bet?

I always find it interesting - - - that the "self-righteous" Christians - - - because they live in an "I'm right - I'm righteous" mindset - - - are completely oblivious to their negative attempts of put down to others - - those that are of other thinking/belief.

But they sure are the first to whine - - if you don't agree with them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry, I never did understand the concept of "curses". Each of us is born of the gifts bestowed upon us by biology or the kindness of our parents. And when either of those fall short, we still have the power through free will to better ourselves. At the end of our days our "fate" is what we make it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

At the end of our days our "fate" is what we make it.

Maybe - Maybe Not

There is the belief that our natural state is Energy Being (intelligent consciousness) - - - and the physical world is a chosen experience.

That we choose our path (fate) before entering the physical.

I would say in that belief - - we choose how much Free Will or Control - - beforehand.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

At the end of our days our "fate" is what we make it.

Maybe - Maybe Not

There is the belief that our natural state is Energy Being (intelligent consciousness) - - - and the physical world is a chosen experience.

That we choose our path (fate) before entering the physical.

I would say in that belief - - we choose how much Free Will or Control - - beforehand.

You make a very interesting point. I came to believe in reincarnation actually by default. I personally feel that we have the ability to transcend what ever experience we are born into. I had two documented near death experiences. I don't remember all that much about either except the over riding feeling that I have gone through this before, many, many times. You would think the prospect of ones own death would be emotionally freaky. And at those times, if anything my emotion was, boredom. As in this is not new, you have been here before and you will be back again.

As for choosing certain aspects of free will beforehand, thats kind of hard to make reference to, for me. All I can tell you, for whatever its worth, when I had my two near experience's people have heard of having "ones life flash in front of them" I used to think it was something akin to starting at birth and then seeing a movie run in fast forward mode up to the day they died. Maybe some people experience it that way but I tell you for me it as very different.

Picture yourself in the universes biggest stadium, and across one wall or "arc" your entire life is presented as a tapestry, a mosaic. And each "tile" in that mosaic is any one of any one moment, or many moments of your life. But to think of it like a movie, nope. As I looked at that huge mosaic I could "tap" into any one of those panels and not just see, or hear, or smell, but everything every emotion of that moment I could experience. I was in fact reliving my past in the first person. And I could look at any one panel in that mosaic, and experience it as it was then. Time had no meaning, there was no past, present, and future. Only NOW.

Kind of creepy, hum? I suppose it could have, if it didn't feel so damn familiar.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Sure ya do, you harbor all kinds of contempt, all kinds of hatred, and you are now embarassed that you've been shown for what you are. As far as you last response on this thread.... wanna bet?

I always find it interesting - - - that the "self-righteous" Christians - - - because they live in an "I'm right - I'm righteous" mindset - - - are completely oblivious to their negative attempts of put down to others - - those that are of other thinking/belief.

But they sure are the first to whine - - if you don't agree with them.

Yeah, it's really a shame. There are many very good, even wonderful Christians, but, as with any group, the good, regardless of the percentage, is always overshadowed by the bad. They shout out, they draw attention to themselves and dismantle the good that was done by many people over many years with just a few minutes of pettiness and self-righteousness

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
The whole religion seems to be inspired by a magic mushroom trip in upstate New York..

It seems closer to sleep paralysis with hypnagogic hallucinations.

He is praying when he gets attacked by an unknown power that made it so he couldn't move or speak. Sounds like pretty typical sleep paralysis.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join