It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mormon Church is a Cult

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

Because both Mormons and Scientology look to space, and life outside of planet earth, for their answers. They both have very human, modern prophets that they believe uncovered a truth.

Mormons believe that god was once human, and found enlightenment and ascension. Scientologists believe the same of L. Ron Hubbard as the Mormons, who see Joseph Smith as the discoverer of knowledge that comes from outer space, other planets, aliens etc.

Thanks. Yes. But that isn't quite what I was looking for.

I was looking for how they function in their every day belief - - - not how it came to be.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

PLEASE - - tell me the comparison between Mormon and Scientology.

Several posters have lumped them together. Why?

I would suppose it is because Mormons believe that Joseph Smith spoke with a celestial being known as Moroni, who told Joseph he came from the Pleiades. Mormons believe that God lives on a planet in that system.
Mormons are not alone in this belief.
Jehovah: Ancient Astronaut from the Pleiades?

Scientology believes that a human is an immortal alien to Earth, an Extraterrestrial, Spiritual Being, termed a Thetan, that is trapped on Earth in a physical body.

Note: If I am wrong on any of these beliefs of these religions, please correct me, Mormons and Scientologists .

In all truth, my own beliefs are pretty much in direct alignment with some of both systems, in that;
I strongly believe that all life on Earth originated in the Constellation of Lyra, migrated to the Pleiadies System because of war, and then colonized Earth and other planets in our System. I also believe we are Spirits of a High Order that are trapped in these human receptacles for a time, much like a prison sentence, to be born and die again and again until we learn what we are destined to learn. I believe the human concept of God is flawed, that there was no such thing as a God, at least how the public perceives God. Certainly some form of computer recorder stores information on us, and an occasional miracle or two is displayed by the 18 Alien Groups watching Earth to influence a religious people to stay that way. I believe that all of the Ancient Gods and Goddesses were in fact ETs, and that they posed as Gods to be more able to control us at the time, and in the distant future when they were no longer here in person.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Originally posted by Annee

My posting style is called "short tacks" - - - a statement style with as few words as possible.

Catty or argumentative would require emotional embellishment - - which is not the case.

Therefore - - it is you who is interpreting from your own feelings.

You use the words bashing, ludicrous, have used the word please in all caps before a question. You yourself have inserted your emotional context. Something about mormonism as a cult really got you riled up today because you've posted like 43 replies in a very short time span.

Bashing and Ludicrous are adjectives.

Nothing can prove or disprove god - - therefore ALL religions are based on faith belief.

One belief claiming another belief is wrong - - is ludicrous.

LUDICROUS:
1: amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity
2 : meriting derisive laughter or scorn as absurdly inept, false, or foolish

VERBAL BASHING: verbal attack
www.merriam-webster.com...

edit on 19-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I cant believe the OP had to make a thread out of what everyone all ready knows. Mormons are sick, twisted, child molesting weirdos.But thats just my opinion based on what Ive seen

Unlike those sick, twisted, child-molesting priests of more acceptable forms of Christianity?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I dabbled a bit in Scientology back in the '70's and I can tell you that other than what I wrote before, there is no other correlation between the two religions.

Scientology has no rituals, such a baptism or sacred marriage rites, other than paying a lot of money (way more than 10%) for classes and counceling sessions, called auditing, for the purpose of remembering past lives, in order to clear the mind of "engrams" and evil demons called Thetans.

They also teach thought organization and intention techniques, for mind over matter abilities, in order to acquire things/stuff wanted and get people to do what you want them to do. Mind control over MEST, matter energy space and time, is to be mastered through the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard.

Kirsty Alley, a high ranking Scientologist is supposed to be able to control her weight, and John Travolta is supposed to be able to control his sexual proclivities. Their inability to do so reflects on Scientology's effectiveness.

I don't think that Mormons teach mind control over others, or intention techniques for acquiring wealth. A sinning Mormon does not reflect back to the church.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for the replies on: Mormon vs Scientology.

I should not have asked that in this thread.

It should have its own thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't even thinking how a belief came about - - - but how they compare in actual every day applied belief today.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Annee

I dabbled a bit in Scientology back in the '70's and I can tell you that other than what I wrote before, there is no other correlation between the two religions.

Thank you. That is what I was looking for.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Then who cares? Just God help us if Romney is elected President. Your talking about a "church" that accepted black people in 1969. It took them a long time. What worries me most about the sob is he is such a wuss. As a President of the United States, thats very scary.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
was going to say all religions are a cult but thesungod beat me too it
so ill just add my support to that post

I have understood a lot about cults. ATS says always show the source of you threads.
Mine is easy 'go to the source' and it is not wrapped in individualism but if one needs to know why things are done.
There is only one source and that is why we are here.Rules are not the way that all actions happen .
The source is our Prime Creator and has nothing to do with what the population does, as long as it is not done in his name.
Sometimes the logic of groups and clubs developing beliefs whether found in visions or personal beliefs , never goes into the equation. The way of life is simple.
Advance in life [ but not at others expense]
Do not do unto others what you would not want done to you.
Respect self and others.
Help the needy, downtrodden who were never shown this.
We are not in an evil world for us to live in but the culmination of people who feel others should do their bidding
due to greed , avarice and power.Using religions has been a tool of ages.
It is time to wake up.
Leaders should be in line with the whole picture and not be involved in petty squabbles,greed or service to self.
Everyone on the planet has a right to choice and should be never dictated by the aspirations of others.
This should be an even playing field.
Peace all!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture1200
Then who cares? Just God help us if Romney is elected President. Your talking about a "church" that accepted black people in 1969. It took them a long time. What worries me most about the sob is he is such a wuss. As a President of the United States, thats very scary.

Mormons always had black people as members.

They just couldn't hold certain positions of authority. Kind of like many parts of the USA.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Um no. At least officially. And yes it is was so convenient for them,The Mormon Church waited until 1969 to open their harts to other peoples of Gods different nature. Until 1969 the Moran Church did not even accept any people that were remotely different. How odd of them to suddenly change their mind. It is not in my nature to assault a persons religion. Frankly, I don't care what a person believes or does not. But if those beliefs will affect my country? You bet your brass tacks it concern's me.
edit on 5/2/12 by arbiture1200 because: what else? more spelling farts.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No, they did not. Do everyone a favor before you spout off. Read "The Book of Mormon". It's all there...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Um no. At least officially. And yes it is was so convenient for them,The Mormon Church waited until 1969 to open their harts to other peoples of Gods different nature. Until 1969 the Moran Church did not even accept any people that were remotely different. How odd of them to suddenly change their mind. It is not in my nature to assault a persons religion. Frankly, I don't care what a person believes or does not. But if those beliefs will affect my country? You bet your brass tacks it concern's me.

Are you Mormon?

What is the source of your information?

Blacklds.org - A Web Site Dedicated to Black Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
This site celebrates the contributions of Blacks to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to their communities. Latter-day Saints are also known as Mormons due to their belief in the Book of Mormon in addition to the Bible.

We hope to correct racial myths and misunderstandings that linger from critics of Mormonism as well as from Latter-day Saints themselves. We strive to build the Gospel vision that we are all children of God, of great and equal worth in His sight.

Blacks have been Latter-day Saints since the church’s beginnings in the 1830′s. Some held the priesthood and served missions in the early church. Click on History to see a timeline on how Latter-day Saint events and views toward Blacks unfolded along with religious and secular racial history in America. Read the stories of Black pioneers..www.blacklds.org...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Frankly, I don't care what a person believes or does not. But if those beliefs will affect my country? You bet your brass tacks it concern's me.

So - you'd be good with an Atheist president?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at

that one is just on a higher level of silly, like scientology.

PLEASE - - tell me the comparison between Mormon and Scientology.

Several posters have lumped them together. Why?

They don't know anything about either one of them, so they lump them together

"Things we don't know about but don't like". it used to contain broccoli, but they finally tasted that

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Are you Mormon?

What is the source of your information?

Blacklds.org - A Web Site Dedicated to Black Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
This site celebrates the contributions of Blacks to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to their communities. Latter-day Saints are also known as Mormons due to their belief in the Book of Mormon in addition to the Bible.

We hope to correct racial myths and misunderstandings that linger from critics of Mormonism as well as from Latter-day Saints themselves. We strive to build the Gospel vision that we are all children of God, of great and equal worth in His sight.

Blacks have been Latter-day Saints since the church’s beginnings in the 1830′s. Some held the priesthood and served missions in the early church. Click on History to see a timeline on how Latter-day Saint events and views toward Blacks unfolded along with religious and secular racial history in America. Read the stories of Black pioneers..www.blacklds.org...

There are always those willing to re right history, but the arguments that the Mormon Church was integrated prior to its "revaluation"? You will have to take it up with them. I stand by what I said, and you would as well if you took the time time to read history. I honestly do not mean to be insulting, so if you have information that conflicts with what I have said, I would welcome it. Personally I don't give a damn what a persons religion is, I never did. Just do the most difficult job on Earth well. I'll settle for that.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Frankly, I don't care what a person believes or does not. But if those beliefs will affect my country? You bet your brass tacks it concern's me.

So - you'd be good with an Atheist president?

Um, well it depends on the person. An atheist is convinced there is no god. An agnostic admits they just don't know. As for me, I come from an open minded Christian perspective I feel its a cheap cop out to blame anyone (more the fact given how old I am) that influenced me one way or another. So to answer your question, yes. I don;t have a problem with any person saying they think they will not accept the concept of a God. All I ask is that they be rational and of good character. The fact that I'm a scientist by inclination and personality who knows one can never prove a false hood. As with santa claus or the boogyman, one can not prove they DONT exist, only that they do. For me it always boils down to the first principle. Are they "good people" Thats the only thing that concerns me.. And a few million more problems...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would be fine with an Atheist president. Separation of church and state. Religion has no place in politics and vice versa.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I would be fine with an Atheist president. Separation of church and state. Religion has no place in politics and vice versa.

So would I.

Its the ones all panicky of Mormonism - - but are just fine with Christianity - - that I find ironic.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So would I.

Its the ones all panicky of Mormonism - - but are just fine with Christianity - - that I find ironic.

Hell, I'd welcome a president who believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster (bless His Noodley Appendages) if he only did a better job than our last few who've held office.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join