It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I come to you with my latest release called "Silent Promises"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Click to see the full resolution cover of Silent Promises

Be gentle ... the first two tracks are more aggressive, but the overall mood of the rest is calm and peaceful, piano being the primary focus..

What does ATS think? ..

music.oneduality.com...

And yes it's only a $1.00 minimum for all 7 tracks, I'm going with a name your price model on EVERYTHING I've done.. you can of course opt to pay more if you like the work.. I'll be putting my past music up there later if this works out..

I'm very excited for feedback, you guys are always great with giving opinions ... I've made the site provide full songs to listen to, no 60 second previews.. you can listen to it in full quality online for nothing of course. ( free to listen, just to be clear )
edit on 5/17/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I deleted my original post. I've listened to some of your musical compositions, and am quite impressed with what I've heard so far. If the rest is as compelling as my first selections...what a treat....

Des
edit on 17-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Deleted my original response, since it's no longer relevant =) thank you Des!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Not only is it free to listen .. but if you do happen to like it, it's only a buck for 7 tracks..

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Thanks for clearing that up for me...I do confuse easily sometimes...my bad.

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Thanks for clearing that up for me...I do confuse easily sometimes...my bad.

Des

That's ok .. I think we all do, thank you for dropping in =)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi man (I guess you're a guy),

Cool lounge/"new-age" style music. I like! I can't give you a bump up or something so I'll thumb you up a pair

En passant, how did you create that music? I mean, which software did you use and are you a beginner or advanced user? I'm asking this because I, like you, would love to create my own music and share it with people.

Please tell me how you did it

Thank you!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFCG2012AFHS
Hi man (I guess you're a guy),

Cool lounge/"new-age" style music. I like! I can't give you a bump up or something so I'll thumb you up a pair

En passant, how did you create that music? I mean, which software did you use and are you a beginner or advanced user? I'm asking this because I, like you, would love to create my own music and share it with people.

Please tell me how you did it

Thank you!

Yes I'm a guy, I hope so at least.. that is in fact me in the picture with some photoshop filters applied =) .. I've been at it since about 2006 as far as producing music electronically.. I started when I was 7 as far as piano and then a little later with drums ..

As for software! in my entire 6 years or so working electronically I've used a lot of things.. I started with Fruity Loops and Acid Professional, I still use those on my laptop when I'm on the go and I want to work out something.. but primarily now I'm using Logic on a power mac.. I've used a lot of various thing in between.

A lot of the instrumentation is organic, drums are often real, piano is sometimes real if I want a specific sound, otherwise I use a midi interface and one of many soft synths I have in my library.

Thank you for listening =)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You asked for feedback, here is mine:

Overall the music is very smooth and follows a nice set melody (doesn't go off in multiple opposite directions), it is a music I'd call "chill music", smoke a spliff and let your mind roll kinda thing. The best song in my opinion is "Beautiful deception", love the piano bit.

It's a DEFINITE buy for $1=7 tracks.

Thanks for your work and for sharing this at a VERY reasonable price

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I've been at it since about 2006 as far as producing music electronically.. I started when I was 7 as far as piano and then a little later with drums ..

As for software! in my entire 6 years or so working electronically I've used a lot of things.. I started with Fruity Loops and Acid Professional, I still use those on my laptop when I'm on the go and I want to work out something.. but primarily now I'm using Logic on a power mac.. I've used a lot of various thing in between.

A lot of the instrumentation is organic, drums are often real, piano is sometimes real if I want a specific sound, otherwise I use a midi interface and one of many soft synths I have in my library.

Thank you for the insight. Now, for someone like me with 0 instrument playing skills and very limited knowledge in what's out there to create music from scratch that sounds like something off the radio with integrated voice etc... how would you suggest I go about that process? Do you have a website you could refer me to or some step-by-step process somehow?

Thanks again for your time to answer my questions

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Overall the music is very smooth and follows a nice set melody (doesn't go off in multiple opposite directions), it is a music I'd call "chill music", smoke a spliff and let your mind roll kinda thing. The best song in my opinion is "Beautiful deception", love the piano bit.

Thank you VERY much
I just added one of my past releases that is also very calm in mood for the most part.. it used to be on iTunes by I retired it.. most of my work is a bit more aggressive than this.

The other is music.oneduality.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Thank you VERY much
I just added one of my past releases that is also very calm in mood for the most part.. it used to be on iTunes by I retired it.. most of my work is a bit more aggressive than this.

The other is music.oneduality.com...

Ooooh...I like this one...a lot...

3. Momentary Relapse Of Reason In An Otherwise Unreasonable World

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Thank you for the insight. Now, for someone like me with 0 instrument playing skills and very limited knowledge in what's out there to create music from scratch that sounds like something off the radio with integrated voice etc... how would you suggest I go about that process? Do you have a website you could refer me to or some step-by-step process somehow?

Thanks again for your time to answer my questions

Off the top of my head, I don't have anything I could easily refer you to .. but there's two ways you can approach music, as a musician or as a producer.. when I say producer, there are a lot of folks out there who don't know how to play an instrument and merely like to arrange music from loop kits.. If you fit into the first category then you would want to start by getting some decent recording equipment, a midi keyboard and maybe something like FL Studio for software.. it includes all the basic essentials for recording and arranging your work

If you fit into the latter category then I would recommend checking out looperman.com, I'm a contributor there but it's been a while ( www.looperman.com... for my two contributions ) ... you can find all sorts of stuff there to work with.. then you can download a free copy of acid xpress to work with arranging your compositions.. www.acidplanet.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Ooooh...I like this one...a lot...

3. Momentary Relapse Of Reason In An Otherwise Unreasonable World

Des

Thank you Des =) my titling was a little odd on that album.. lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

After listening to your music, I've revised my original post in this thread....

I'm well into my 6th selection, no complaints yet...good ear candy....

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

After listening to your music, I've revised my original post in this thread....

I'm well into my 6th selection, no complaints yet...good ear candy....

Des

Thank you again =) I love hearing comments like that.. I'm still uploading other works from the past

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Has kind of a classical synth trance vibe. It sounds good - I just don't think there's an audience for it.
It could be good mood music for movies maybe idk.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here's another one I re-released, this is from 2008 ..

music.oneduality.com...

This is a very unusual album for me, but it's one of my PERSONAL favorites. This is not music so to speak, it is a collection of sound scapes that tries to audibly send the listener through the experience of experiencing what it is like to take the journey of dying.. I imagined the process of dying as somewhat calm and relaxing at times, while also being terribly frightening and un-nerving at other times.
Please give it a chance..

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

After listening to Afterlife, I think you definitely need to seek game creators with your music to sell to them as background mood music. Then maybe after establishing yourself go after movies.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Has kind of a classical synth trance vibe. It sounds good - I just don't think there's an audience for it.
It could be good mood music for movies maybe idk.

Thanks.. I do a lot of different sounds..

A lot of my more electronic stuff can be found at reverbnation.com... .. ( some of these songs are up there too ) .. Friction was my last electronic album that was more aggressive, you might like that... reverbnation has them al free to play as well... I'll be migrating those to the new site over time.. Friction is the only album of mine that I currently have on iTunes and Amazon.. I'm moving to a self-distribution / pay what you want system though.. I'm getting a little tired of all the red tape

top topics

<<   2 >>

join