It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Fukushima Propaganda Has Got To Make You Laugh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

So let me get this straight.

Your saying the scientific community is not telling the truth because they don't want to scare anyone, but as long as your not a journalist they will tell you in private.

Japan is gone......................all those people are walking deadmen.

BS, absolute BS. Some of the greatest radiation experts in the world are from Japan and most of the information they have provided is much more positive than what is being presented by the alarmist MSM.

Since March of 2011 how many women have gotten pregnant in Japan? And how many of those women have given birth to deformed children caused by radiation. None.

How many have died of radiation poisoning (which occurs at most 6 to 8 weeks after exposure). None.

How can you continue to make these uneducated assumptions which are supported only by a few "experts" and anti-nuclear activists. The science totally contradicts everything you have said.

Oh wait I'm sorry I forgot this is all a plan by the reptilian Illuminati overlords, or the Occult Satanist's that want to kill everyone before Jesus comes comes back.

If it was as bad as you and others on this website think, everyone in the area around Fukushima would be dead right now. They would have died months ago and people all around Japan, China, Korea, The Philippines who didn't die of exposure would have gotten extremely sick.

Fukushima I was told was like Chernobyl X's 400.

Then you were lied to or told this by someone who is not an expert in the field. People died as a direct result of Chernobyl some from direct radiation exposure.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

I simply got to speak with the head radiologist of my hospital and we started talking about Fukushima. He was impressed with some of the books I have read and my very limited knowledge, because I now do research for a local college professor writing a book, so I have to read a lot.

If you've ever seen the movie, "Matilda" I was like Matilda, I could read at a third grade level my first day of first grade. I would sneak into a closet to read, would read with a flashlight under the covers at night. I own now about 400 paper books and now about 2,100 e-books. I read not watch TV, movies, video game. My passion is reading, it's been a passion for 52 years.

No, he's not world famous (the radiologist), but he is the top radiologist at a very well known hospital.

I also have a e-mail buddy that was a nuclear physicist. He has been retired now but still has friends in the business of science.

Sort of like Forest Gump, I've had a very interesting life and have met, know and spoken with a lot of very interesting people.

Myself, I have seen people die from radiation sickness when I was in nursing.

Am not myself considered a important person but people do talk to me because they know I am honest and a good listener and have learned to ask the right questions and have shown that I have some basic knowledge of many different things.

I also don't give out names when told something.

Yes what I reported in my previous posts is exactly what was said to me.

I don't lie or exaggerate.

Do not care if I get stars, in fact with my posts I usually get more criticism than stars - but fore warned is fore armed.

I am only sharing what little knowledge I accumulate.

edit on 18-5-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I remember reading a story in my youth, can't remember where I read it but anyway. Many moons ago watches would use radioactive materials to make the numerals glow in the dark. The women working in the factories were provided with a wet sponge to clean their brushes. Unfortunately due to there being bonuses for the amount produced many women found it much quicker to just lick their brush!

Now I'm sure back then there would have been rumors and such about the dangers of such behavior. I'm sure as people began to die or get sick those rumors would of increased! Do you think the factory owners would of admitted it at first? Or would it be more likely they would want it covered up?

I'm sure even then there would have been the debunkers too, "oh it's alright, I'm sure it must of been a freak accident or something! Look at all the women happily licking their brushes! They're okay!" This person is YOU OP!

I think in these matters it's much better to air on the side of caution! We know radiation can be lethal and cause all sorts of problems to the environment and the people! So why mess about with it? I'd love to know whether you would go there and help with the clean up! lol I'm betting you wouldn't go anywhere near that place! And you would be wise not to!

Do people exaggerate? Sure they do, but in this instance I don't mind it as I know that radiation is bad news! Anything that hinders it's use is a good thing in my book! Maybe it will turn us on to look for a safer alternative? This has got to be good.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I am only sharing what little knowledge I accumulate.

I respect the fact that you feel the need to inform of us the information you were provided, that is commendable.

However I am going to say it...the information you provided does not support the actual science that applies to the situation.

When someone says "I heard this" does it not make sense for that information to have facts backing it up, to be supported by unbiased peer reviewed data.

In the first few lines of your previous post you said...

You are living in denial because you cannot handle the truth.

True statistics are not being released by TEPCO.

First you insult someone's intelligence, because what they say is not TRUE. Truth is not subjective in the scientific community it is based off of facts.

You also imply that there IS a conspiracy to conceal this topic. And I am at odds with that assumption, because it is just that...an assumption based on little to no evidence.

It is true and I will not deny that the Japanese government was very shady at the beginning of this situation when it came to revealing information. But after the media revealed this "conspiracy" (and I use that word very loosely) the government came out and admitted it and started to be more transparent with their investigation.

My assumption is that this was done to protect the image of TEPCO and GE, who designed a faulty reactor and failed to update outdated technology.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

First you insult someone's intelligence, because what they say is not TRUE. Truth is not subjective in the scientific community it is based off of facts.

First I did not insult the OP. Most people because of the severity of this planet wide crisis are living in deep deep denial.

Two, I spoke with and got the opinion of two very very intelligent men that deal with radiation. I laid out my suspensions, asked questions and got, what I thought and presented were very valid opinions.

I do not have the time nor energy to argue with you nor try to defend myself with your attacking me, my motives or my sources.

Attacking does not add to the discussion.

Facts do.

The top Radiologist and a retired Nuclear Physicist giving me their professional opinions plus being a survivor and victim of nuclear poisoning that has now spanned three generations plus my research, yes gives me, I feel, along with the numerous videos by highly professionals back up to my opinions.

Radiation kills.

I've watched it kill cancer patients in two/three weeks, I watched it kill my mother, my sister and my brother. I've watched it compromise my DNA.

The OP still, in my opinion, has not researched this subject deeply enough to make the statements he has made.

Uploaded by JCVdude on Apr 15, 2011

BREAKING - Tokyo Electric Power Co. (Tepco), Fukushima's operator, admitted that the radiation leakage could eventually surpass that from the former Soviet nuclear plant at Chernobyl. The nuclear station was damaged after the powerful earthquake and tsunami on March 11.
The explosion at the power station and subsequent fires inside the remains of the reactor provoked a radioactive cloud which drifted not only over Russia, Belarus and Ukraine, but also over the European part of Turkey, Greece, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Poland, Estonia, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Ireland, France (including Corsica, Canada and the United Kingdom.

Today there is a Fukushima Japan radioactive event happening that can be detected as far away as Europe. Low level radiation has been found across Canada and the USA, radiation has been detected in milk and other product. Radiation has been found in rain, and this event is just starting to unfold.

Decades of radiation release is ahead of Japan and we all face continuing contamination.

Chernobyll - It is unknown whether fallout contamination will have any long-term adverse effect on the flora and fauna of the region, as plants and animals have significantly different and varying radiologic tolerance compared with humans. Some birds are reported with stunted tail feathers (which interferes with breeding). There are reports of mutations in some plants in the area, leading to unsubstantiated tales of a "forest of wonders" containing many strangely mutated plants. Specifically, some trees have weirdly twisted branches that do not reach for the sky.
"Chernobyl's legacy: Health, Environmental and Socio-Economic Impacts", authored by about 100 recognized experts from many countries, put the total predicted number of deaths due to the disaster around 4,000 (of which 2,200 deaths are expected to be in the ranks of 200,000 liquidators). This predicted death toll includes the 47 workers who died of acute radiation syndrome as a direct result of radiation from the disaster, nine children who died from thyroid cancer and an estimated 4000 people who could die from cancer as a result of exposure to radiation. This number was subsequently updated to 9000 excess cancer deaths.

The price for nuclear energy is to high for humans and the environment.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
move along people,nothing to see here. move along...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
reply to post by clarkness

Dude thanks for expanding and clarifying what I posted
I tried to be as accurate as I could from memory ( was nuts deep in mud cleaning my fire stick at the time so couldn't refer to anything )
I'm no NBC guru but show an interest and make sure I keep ontop of my training in this area - same as any in our line of work 9 times outta 10 you only get one chance to get it right

If however I could pick your brain regarding particles
Gamma - largest ? Heaviest ? So travels least distance ? Any input on how weather patterns could carry these and possible distance
Beta - the middle one lol
Alpha - smallest, lightest - thus has capacity to travel furthest - again any input on possible dispersal

Many thanks

Well, alphas are the largest of them all, alphas are actually just Helium atoms with 2 protons and 2 neutrons. Alphas themselves are very slow yet can interact with H2O in a variety of ways.
Neutrons and protons are smaller of course and only really interact with H2O by slamming into the molecule and breaking it apart.
Electrons are smaller yet, a bit faster, but only ionize H2O molecules and usually will only do it once or twice depending on the reaction.
A gamma is weightless and virtually no mass but can penetrate further which with generally cause ionization through giving an electron enough energy to escape its orbits and changing the properties of H2O.

Now honestly, these particles generally do not travel far in a normal situation, except gammas which is virtually a particle of light. Now you might wonder then why do we worry about the winds and radiation. Well remember as I said, these radioactive particles are a result of decays of radioactive isotopes. I don't remember the half-lives of everything. A radioactive isotope can decay to a stable isotope in 5 seconds or 50 years depending on the element. Cobalt is usually scary because its a metal and generally has a half-life of 27 years I think, its usually a product of rust and wear inside systems. Other isotopes we worry about are the fission products which also have long half lives. These radioactive elements can be carried by winds far distances. Technically Chernobyl's disaster carried particles all around the world, its all about concentration. One radioactive particle generally won't do much, but many will have a grand effect. And just to give an example of the difference between contamination and radiation. Contamination is basically the radioactive isotopes and radiation are the radioactive particles stated above.

Its true that we receive radiation from a variety of things. I would worry things that you are exposed to every day or that you expose yourself to everyday. Anything from sunlight to electronics to basements to microwaves to another human body gives off radiation.

One little gamma can give you cancer just like you can be bombarded by millions of alphas over lifetime and not even get one cancerous cell. Its the luck of the draw people. Now I will say that the probability of cancer has gone up depending on one's exposure.

As far as fukishima goes, I honestly would not worry about the reactors themselves, that's all I am saying on that.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Lets see, one non nuclear explosion and one nuclear event.....
The radiation is still leaking out into the atmosphere and the sea.....
The peopel of japan will see a rise in deformed kids and still borns, as well as a rise in all kinds of cancers.
The radiations half life may run into the billion year mark as well as short term rads.
I wonder how many are losing their hair or the other presyptoms to such poisoning cases?
These would be more worth looking at than the immediate deaths...
There are some hiroshima nagasaki statistics to work from as well as chernobyls....
How aabout it, how many died from chernobyl so far?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There is no doubt the authorities in japan will be hiding the full truth, ass covering exercise. However, this conspiracy about worldwide catastrophe and 14000 US deaths is complete utter BS.

Has anyone heard of a country called China?

Does anyone know how much China loves Japan?

Does anyone know how close China is to Japan ?

Does anyone know how wind can change direction ?

Does anyone know about sea currents around China and Japan?

Big question:

If there really was something untoward going on and radiation far higher than admitted do you not think the Chinese would be going ABSOLUTELY APE.........DUH.

Honestly I sometimes have to wonder about people and their pet theories which ignore the bleedin obvious.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Nice to see a rational thread once in a while.

Japans demographic time bomb is much bigger threat to the existence of the Japanese people then those 3 reactors.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm running out of time to reply to everybody, but this guy just takes the biscuit...

Mee30 I'm sure even then there would have been the debunkers too, "oh it's alright, I'm sure it must of been a freak accident or something! Look at all the women happily licking their brushes! They're okay!" This person is YOU OP!
Excuse me, but I would never ever have said it’s fine to ingest thorium into your body! Sure if (literally nothing) was known then I might, but I bet you would too? Or do you so paranoid you’d today reject people putting e.g. orange juice into their body, because (today) nothing is known, about the of the dangers on that? The truth can only be one or the other of these answers.

I think in these matters it's much better to air on the side of caution! We know radiation can be lethal and cause all sorts of problems to the environment and the people! So why mess about with it?

Because almost everything kills somebody, and there are few exceptions when it comes to electricity generation. Yet nuclear kills less per TH hour than almost any other…
nextbigfuture.com...
Of course this says literally nothing of any future losses caused by manmade, global warming.

BUT: Electricity production has obviously also saved countless lives by e.g. removing the need for home candles-gas lamps, residential pollution, and a whole host of innovation be it time saving (like the hoover) or lifesaving (like the hospital incubator).

Do people exaggerate? Sure they do, but in this instance I don't mind it as I know that radiation is bad news! Anything that hinders it's use is a good thing in my book!
So basically you don’t mind individuals telling lies, and subsequently deluding an intelligent, national debate-solutions with lies, providing they are your kind of lies? I.e. those which support a view (which to is self-evidently) warped with ignorance on nuclear science.
All opinion, and no brain, but is that “ok” because you’re not an expert, and you like ignorance, whenever it’s obscuring truths you probably don’t know about, can’t be bothered to learn about, and therefore don’t wish others knowing about either. Pathetic! But thanks for your honesty!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If the Fukushima nuclear accidents are not that dangerous, as the OP seems to suggest, then why did Japan choose to shut down all its other nuclear plants? It seems to me that Japan realised what they where messing with and how dangerous it is.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Solenko It seems to me that Japan realised what they where messing with and how dangerous it is.
As the laws of Japanese physics were unchanged by the Tsunami, it does seem only the laws of Japanese politics have been greatly altered by something called “public opinion”.
The decision is a bit over the top, but everyone should expect any democracy (worthy of that name) to do exactly the same in distressing situation.
What can be said, is that the whole of Japan is built on an earthquake zone, most of their reactors are Boiling Water Reactors (a bad type for wherever shutdown is quickly required -especially because of disaster) and I’ve not heard of any Japanese power stations employing “Passive Safety”. This is their anchors heal: It’s ok building nuclear plants in an earthquake zone, but not if they require people-mechanical equipment to shut them down.
That said: Most of Japans reactors have been (or are being) seriously upgraded, to ensure that although equipment is still required, there really will be enough back ups (next time) to ensure it won’t fail. Of course the Japanese public can’t be expected to believe that, and so the battle for their minds (has in most ways quite understandably) been lost. I don’t think it will remain that way (they are an energy hungry island, without much fossil fuel) but we’ll see because…

Japans energy gap is presently being plugged with coal & gas imports (primarily from Australia). Sure the air pollution from this coal is certainly scheduled to kill far more than Fukushima ever did, but hay, that’s democratic politics.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Solenko It seems to me that Japan realised what they where messing with and how dangerous it is.
As the laws of Japanese physics were unchanged by the Tsunami, /quote

I dont understand what you mean by : as the laws of Japanese physics were unchanged by the Tsunami. Could you please clarify this for me? ssry I am french

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Could you point to the specific page and paragraph? There is quite a bit of links there. I looked at the first link under the Rain section, but it didn't mention information on any mimicking, as you stated.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
i agree. i never go into the 'japan' forum as its easily the most idiotic part of this website. theres been a new thread every week for the last year saying how some new expert claims this is gonna cause the end of civilisation.
pls remember 1000's of nuke's (up to 100 megatons) have been dropped all around the planet by the so called 'civilised' nations.
edit on 17-5-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

When will people FINALLY stop using nuclear fusion as an excuse to why nuclear fission radiation is harmless?

IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT FOR THE 1000TH TIME!

Next to that Fukushima is still ongoing, once a bomb goes off the source material is gone.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I used to be all freaked out about the Radiation coming over from Japan. Over the past year I read a lot of threads and seen this and that and I feel a bit different about it today. I believe that the microscopic hot particles end up fading into background radiation over time.Heres my thinking of it...

The Hot Particles are Microscopic in size... It ends up mixing with the Huge Volume of the Earths Atmosphere and Oceans...The particles that make it to land are spread out even more by the wind (Grasshopper effect or w/e it is?) eventually fading into background radiation... Im no expert in pretty much anything but I just have a hard time believing its spewing so much out that its covering us like the Radiation Fallout maps portray it.

I live in Oregon and I have seen babies being popped out healthy as can be. My Thyroid feels pretty damn healthy to me... I dunno... Maybe I should worry more if people start dropping in Japan in the near future? I would be lying if I said that I enjoy being in the Rain like I used to ever since the meltdowns. Its just hard to shake some things off I guess

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Just like so many folks, many don't realize that the reactors at Fukushima Daichi were a few out of 13 or so in the area. Most if not ALL are in some state of shut down since the Earthquake and Tsunami. Most are dumping large amounts of radioactive material into the ocean and the sky and still contain VERY hot radioactive materials. And they have NO idea how to contain it all.

The air and water currents go directly across the sea to the Pacific Northwest first then head Northward and Southward from there. They've already seen animals in Alaska with strange problems...strangely similar to what happens when affected by radiation and we've yet to hear a straight answer on what's causing the animals to be so sick. There are already rises in stillborn rates along the western coast of the USA but go ahead...tell yourself things are fine. I've even seen the flexpart maps showing the Cecium 137 bathing the states in a swath of poison, not suprisingly the links no longer work and the directories for the flexpart samplings have been moved around. But yea, if it makes ya feel warm n fuzzy...concoct whatever cuddly scene you like. Reality doesn't seem to care how comfy we are though.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

solenko I dont understand what you mean by : as the laws of Japanese physics were unchanged by the Tsunami. Could you please clarify this for me? ssry I am French
I meant they didn’t learn anything they didn’t know before: newsfeed.time.com...–-35-years-ago/

Romekjo Next to that Fukushima is still ongoing, once a bomb goes off the source material is gone.
You’re not trying to say there’s a risk Fukushima turns into a nuclear bomb are you? That’s impossible because physics demands you need at least 90% enriched uranium (plus in close proximity, and compressed by several hundred atmospheres). The fuel used in Fukushima was less than 5%. The fact the core has melted, and therefore mixed itself up with all kinds of soil & concrete means it certainly a lot less than 5% now.

ruderalas I dunno... Maybe I should worry more if people start dropping in Japan in the near future? I would be lying if I said that I enjoy being in the Rain like I used to ever since the meltdowns.
That’s really said! There’s no justice in fearing being in the rain, half a world away, in America. But there’s plenty of psychological reasons and it’s people willingly embracing blatant lies, on this forum, who (possibly quite consciously) create this situation.

Opportunia Most are dumping large amounts of radioactive material into the ocean and the sky and still contain VERY hot radioactive materials. And they have NO idea how to contain it all.

Do you have any links for this? Whilst the damaged Fukushima reactors have been forced to dump water into the ocean, there’s no reason why other powerstations, which haven’t suffered shutdown should do the same. Some (boiling water reactors) discard cooling water into the ocean when operating normally, but (short of an accident) the water is only very briefly and barely measurably radioactive.

They've already seen animals in Alaska with strange problems...strangely similar to what happens when affected by radiation and we've yet to hear a straight answer on what's causing the animals to be so sick.
What you might not know is that water is about as effective at absorbing radiation as concrete, the particles you talk about are all heavier than water and will ultimately drift to the ocean floor where very little lives (because there’s little-no sunlight).
Long before Fukushima there were cases of animal deformity on land and sea owing to the chemicals used in the Deep Water disaster, whilst the sea has long been polluted with scores of other waste products from plastic & mercury.
It seems talk of radioactive fish is (like so much else about this disaster) is being deliberately magnified by those opposed to nuclear, the truth generally –including facts outside a rather tunnelled vision of this world.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Why Fukushima Propaganda Has Got To Make You Laugh

Originally posted by Liberal1984
only 5 Fukushima workers have died so far

Yup, that's funny stuff. Laugh while you can.

edit on 5/21/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: It must be the way you tell the story Tommy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join