It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Fukushima Propaganda Has Got To Make You Laugh

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You obviously have no clue what it means to be inhaling hot particles or getting them on you. No one is dying right now but give it 30 years you can look at this thread and eat your words maybe choke on them. Sorry but I'm just a little taken back someone thinking that 3 nuclear reactors failing isn't as bad as there making it. Really you brightened my day...
edit on 17-5-2012 by QuestionTheGovernment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

UFO1414Your handle says it all. Do some research. There are lots of good threads on this. Globaly, it's the #1 issue threatening the planet.
Why because the propaganda you read (but very few others have read) says so? I too read things that very few other people read, but I tell you what, at least it’s science –not something made up by those feeding of each other paranoia.

The biggest problem with radiation is it’s like magic, but real, and therefore perfect for sketching the life out of anyone susceptible to paranoia (most here). But when you have something like coal, which you can see, measure, and control, the fact it kills hundreds more transitionvoice.com... counts for nothing because psychologically it counts for much less fear –after all you can see it (at least before you burn it).

A new report shows that emissions from coal-fired power plants, which provide about half of our electricity, will kill more than 13,000 people in the United States this year and cause 9,700 hospitalizations and more than 20,000 heart attacks switchboard.nrdc.org...

DestinyoneI suspect more will die, once they can send people instead of robots, into some of the areas that require people to actually start to fix things.
Ah fix things? What kind of things would you want to fix? The cooling is now satisfactory for all reactors, do you honestly think they’re going to make electricity their again???
If you knew more about nuclear energy you’d know that if a robot can’t operate (although it can providing it doesn’t have sensitive electronics) there’s no way humans will have work in those parts, for at least 100 years. Of course: The robots can make it safer, but the main task left is just to fill it up with concrete. The longer the reactors remain in their current state the cooler they will get, and this is happening as we speak as all nuclear reactions create things called “Neutron Poisons” which absorb far more radiation than they emit. Normally neutron poisons are bad, because the reason nuclear fuel has to be replaced (despite after 5 years, less than 5% of the fuel being used up). But in this case: Their generation (through transmutation) guarantees that all thermal reactions are curving off at a steep gradient.

Kn0wh0wThere's absolutely nothing funny about Fukushima, neither of supposed Fukushima propaganda.

This is one horrid disaster no matter how you look it at.

This caused many deaths and will continue to cause many deaths as it is STILL spewing radiation as we speak!
Don’t you tell me what I should find funny. I know what I find it funny, and it’s people going hysterical about something that in all probability has yet to kill even 30. Whilst meanwhile you totally ignore the tsunami, and the need for those peoples help (this is meant to be the Japan forum but how often does I feature?) –oh yeah it doesn’t, because the totally paranoid don’t find it something easy to totally obsessed about.
I have to tell you: It’s far better for me –and perhaps everyone else, that I laugh rather than get angry at you. Anger never achieved anything, and it’s always better to laugh at ones problems than it is to get hysterical over them. That said global warming isn’t a laughing matter, and (unlike the radiation from Fukushima) it really could find & kill many.
If you’re going to get depressed have some real facts in front of you –then you can be truly confident that your efforts mean something. Otherwise choose something else –there’s no shortage for paranoia!

QuestionTheGovernmentYou obviously have no clue what it means to be inhaling hot particles or getting them on you. No one is dying right now but give it 30 years and you can look at this thread and eat your words maybe choke on them.
I’m fully aware (I’ve studied nuclear engineering). For a start nobody wears a particle on them for 30 years. Almost the only way for it remain in your body that long is if you eat-inhale it. But then it doesn’t take 30 years to kill you. You can die though from cancer, caused by radiation exposure, decades ago.
But the situation clearly isn’t as bad as even Iraq because in Fallujah (where ONLY depletive uranium was used) the birth deformity rate is now 14.7%

Alani's log of cases of birth defects amounts to a rate of 14.7 per cent of all babies born in Fallujah, more than 14 times the rate in the affected areas of Japan. www.aljazeera.com...
PS The 1% of birth defects in Japan is not a reference to Fukushima, but Hiroshima.
So if it was half as bad as people here are claiming, we should expect similar birth defects in Japan, RIGHT Now. Babies are particularly susceptible, grow within 9 months, and so would be (because they are) a super sensitive “canary in the coalmine”.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: Updated in reply to QuestionTheGovernment

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson88
reply to post by Destinyone

ATS to me is like going to a mental institution...its funny to laugh at the inmates and their crazy talk.

Thats exactly why i come here, for a good laugh. The titles alone are funny and the rantings and this site is all about GLOOM AND DOOM where nobody ever talks about anything that is positive. Not one. Fukashima is bad, but not that it will cause radiation all around the globe.
It seems that alot of people on this site also like propaganda and spreading more gloom and doom.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What you need to consider is the types of radiation and the protective measures used
Radiation is released in particles and rays
The particles are a treat through ingestion inhalation and possible absorption ( not 100% sure on absorption )
This is easily negated by a simple protective suit and a particle face mask
These particles can be simple brushed off ( an emergency drill ) or washed off
Removal of suits and a shower - its these particles that are the perceived threat being carried by whether patterns

Rays on the other hand ( alpha, beta, gamma ) are penetrating rays that pass into and through the body
Your exposure is monitored by an individual radiation dose meter - looks like a thick credit card - that informs the wearer of his dose
These doses are recorded daily to ensure that dangerous amounts of exposure are avoided

This may explain the lack of deaths among the workers

Admitadly this is taken from memory so I am a little out
Example - not all rays can penetrate the body - but alas I can't remember which
edit on 18-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So bottom line, you are telling us to be calm and safe, fukushima is a non issue, and OBL died last year...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The Situation is not harmless but also not the End of our (Humanoid) World!

Monitoring information of environmental radioactivity level

radioactivity.mext.go.jp...

This is the fresh, official Data from today, the 18th of May.
It looks good.

But there is a Danger for the next 2 Years at least that the Situation goes back to "Out of Control"!

We have also the in-official Data here:

Safecast is a global sensor network for collecting and sharing radiation measurements to empower people with data about their environments.

blog.safecast.org...

And our independent Citizen Center:
en.crms-jpn.com...

Until now we had a lot of LUCK and we need to be very thankful for that

We need to stop the lunacy of Nuclear Power-plants as well as Gen-Technology!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

You actually think Tepco and Japan are going to tell us how many people have died already because of Radiation Poisoning?

Now i'm talking purely about Japan here and not these increased US deaths you mentioned, which could be from just about anything.

You stated that you studied Chernobyl indepth?

If you actaully have then you would know that it took a very long time for USSR/Russia/Ukraine to release details of the deaths of clean up crews, reporters and locals etc to the public. In actual fact they went to great lengths to try and hide just how many people came down with radiation sickness and died because of it. They are still doing so today with the increase in cancers and birth defects in that area.

edit on 18-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

But you can't compare Soviet Russia of 1986 with Japan 2012

We are not living behind the Iron Curtain.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Are you saying that you believe everything that is coming out of TEPCO's and the Japanese Governments mouths in regards to this situation?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Hmmm, no!

But i also don't believe everything from the so called Alternative Media!

I believe in Numbers as a hard Evidence only.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Double post soz
edit on 18-5-2012 by Neocrusader because: Edited

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I agree in part with what you say.
Unfortunately the truth is very likely somewhere inbetween. The toll from this accident (even if it is no worse than Chernobyl) could be thousands or hundreds of thousands. Good luck with getting a diagnosis of lung cancer in 20-30 years time.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Update to my previous post

Iodine can be used to treat the ingestion/inhalation/absorption ( yes just confirmed beta particles can be absorbed )

Rays
Alpha - wont penetrate the skin of humans but travels the furthest
Beta - will penetrate the skin but not semi protective clothing but don't travel as far
Gamma - your buggered ! But travels the shortest

This has been taken from a cbrni instructor next to me - but again is from memory - he's checking and confirming now

But I must apologise for my spelling errors in my previous post
Touch screen and rubber gloves dont mix lol

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Oh really? Where are you getting these numbers and hard evidence from?

From media outlets, alternative news, and the little scraps of info that TEPCO and other such organisations are releasing? (The same information we are all getting). I somehow doubt you have insider knowledge. Just because you live in Japan, that doesn't mean you know everything that is going on.

What if those numbers being reported are not accurate? The OP states The MSM has only reported 5 deaths from Fukushima, how do you know there hasn't been a hundred or more?

What of the Fukushima 50+? The heroic men that were featured so heavily in the early days of this disaster in the mega Fukushima thread. Has every single person from the clean up crew been given a clean bill of health from the start of this thing to todays date? Would we even be made aware of such information?

The clean up crews could be dropping like flies for all you know and TEPCO in hand with the Government would try their damned best to keep that out of the media, so people wouldn't panic and carry on as normal....Move along now, nothing to see here.

edit on 18-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Hmmm, no!

But i also don't believe everything from the so called Alternative Media!

same here and i believe my rad detector every time it rains hot on me and my family, always over 100CPM and usually 150-200 CPM and it will do so for decades, how healthy will we be then?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yes I asked a simple question and received no real answer since I was pretty
Much asking the same as you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm getting kinda sick of the threads that say millions, no billions will die.
Or 14000 north Americans are dead??? Really!

This is what I posted
While I do believe that Fukushima is a major disaster,
I challenge anyone on here to show me proof of just one dead north American that died as a direct
Result of the Fukushima disaster. I am not trolling, simply asking for proof!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I agree that there has been a ton of sensationalizing regarding this event, but common sense dictates that dismissing the potential danger inherent in this disaster is a disaster in itself. Radiation, believe it or not, IS dangerous; especially in high amounts. They are cooling the nuclear process with seawater!!! Where are those tons upon tons of irradiated water going? It is foolish to fearmonger based on lies, but it also is foolish to disregard the danger. I am not saying the OP is disregarding danger, but it could be construed that way imo. People will read this and think that everything is just fine over there because of this post, because that is how many people think. It's just the way it is. So I think the OP should differentiate between the possible danger and the over the top fearmongering.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

asking for proof!
and thats the beauty of it isn't it,,,innocent till proven guilty,, your right,
,habeus corpus delectie etc,,
your right
there .
is no proof ,,of extenuating effects,,
beside people die from all sorts of causes,,
there is no proof
too begin with,,

1. A natural disaster,
. If anyone died at All,

,other than those
unfortunate souls who perished from a direct result of both the earthquake&tsunami
Which was and indeed is
unfortunate,
,im sure what salvaged belongings,
that the World Community, ie west coast of canada and usa ,,
are activelly ingaged in ,,as i write this,,
will make effort too return any of these
presciousss asssetsss.

After effects,,
what after effects,,there is always after effects with everything,right,, so no biggy,,
its all in your head,,and
heart,,
lungs,,
kidneys,,spleen,,
bone marrow,
dna,
anyway right, ?
its always been there,,
radiation,,ohhhh ,scary stuff,,
big gene changer,,not,,
molecular?? hey if u cant see it,, whats the problem??
besides it will probably make everyone , have their super power dreams, come true,,

head remember,,all in your head,,

lol,
ohhh and back too reality,,
By the way Radiation effects rubber
Seals,,

Me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Oh really? Where are you getting these numbers and hard evidence from?

We are a open Society and there is no one who can stop us to spread such Information!

From media outlets, alternative news, and the little scraps of info that TEPCO and other such organisations are releasing? (The same information we are all getting). I somehow doubt you have insider knowledge. Just because you live in Japan, that doesn't mean you know everything that is going on.

I do not need "Insider-Information" because i can't understand them,
i am an Amateur like 99.7% here!

What if those numbers being reported are not accurate? The OP states The MSM has only reported 5 deaths from Fukushima, how do you know there hasn't been a hundred or more?

It is not important what the MSM is reporting,
i trust the Tepco Data, i even trust them so much that i do not go there
to stop them, i am like you and other People!

Tepco is releasing a lot of Information but many People do not watch in the right Place.
Enenews never show the Success because they need "Doom",
the same i am saying about Fukushima Dairy, etc.
it is their Agenda and they earn Money by this!

I also trust the Readings of my own Geiger Counter, i trust our Group
who even owned more Counter and Spectrographs,
when there are a amount of 100 Geiger Counter and all say the same i trust, yes i do!

What of the Fukushima 50+? The heroic men that were featured so heavily in the early days of this disaster in the mega Fukushima thread. Has every single person from the clean up crew been given a clean bill of health from the start of this thing to todays date? Would we even be made aware of such information?

When you are talking about the Firemen they are fine.
This was a Tokyo Crew!

Japan is very bureaucratic and they need all this Data for their Insurances.

The clean up crews could be dropping like flies for all you know and TEPCO in hand with the Government would try their damned best to keep that out of the media, so people wouldn't panic and carry on as normal....Move along now, nothing to see here.

They can drop like Fly but not because of Radiation,
when you see the accumulated Dosage and understand a bit about Radiation
you can exclude this!

There are less than 5 People who receive a Dosage above 250 Millisieverts which is
the max. allowed Dosage for Worker in a Emergency Situation,
the average is 18 Millisieverts for nearly 28.000 People who worked in Fukudaiichi until now![
edit on 18-5-2012 by Human0815 because: Format

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join