It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Have gone Crazy Here! A Precursor to SHTF?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In the Last couple of days in my city,a strange couple of events have unfolded.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- A mother was arraigned Thursday on charges that she attempted to murder the man now charged with killing her 15-year-old son. Kendra Wilson, William O'Bannon and Brandon Bartee were indicted for the crime today. We learned more about Wilson's alleged actions, which may have ultimately resulted in the shooting death of her teenage son. On Thursday, Wilson was in arraignment court, wearing a Metro Corrections jumpsuit, charged with attempting to murder James Mallory, the same man now charged with murdering her son Gregory Holt. “You have a mother that is a victim in this case. She has a son that has been killed,” said Wilson’s attorney Derwin Webb.

www.whas11.com...

And today,

Louisville Metro Police are working overtime after six people were shot near Downtown Louisville Thursday. Police first responded to a call for a quadruple shooting in the 1000 block of 32nd Street around 1 p.m. and upon arrival found three shooting victims in front of a home. Two men were prounounced dead at the scene and a third was taken to the hospital with critical injuries. A fourth man was also shot but he left the scene and drove himself to 26th and Elliott Streets. from there, he was then transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. About 45 minutes later, while police were investigating the scene of the quadruple shooting, multiple shots rang out at the scene. Raw video: Shots ring out at quadruple shooting scene Police say two additional people were shot. They say a pregnant woman shot and killed another woman. An officer then shot the pregnant woman and she was transported to the hospital.

www.whas11.com...

Our big city with the little city feel,just became big big city.

We have our murders and such,but not at this rate!

And to think I was but a mere 15 blocks away when this went down.
I heard yelling in the distance,but I was moving from one job to the next.

I know the economy is down and people are hurting,but killing each other over nothing?

Is this a precursor of how the shtf will look like?
Is it happening now????

What do you think,has crime risen in you area?

Peace,
K
edit on 17-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hopefully, it doesn't last long, KDog. I live just a couple hours north of you in Indianapolis and we had a lot of shootings and killings starting at the end of last year, up through the first few months. It's seemed to have calmed down a lot or they're just not reporting it as much.

I felt the same thing you did in regards to my city feeling like the big city after it started happening.
It definitely made me uncomfortable.

I do have a gut feeling that crime is up most everywhere though because of the desperation lack
of sustainability causes people.

Here's to better times.

edit on 5/17/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sounds like a major gang is in your area.
And not happy about something.
Gangs are everywhere Kdog, sorry to hear your town is going downhill like this.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If the rate keeps up I would suspect black ops.

I hear there may be forces that want to see deaths in the US to the point they could use unemployed mercenaries to get the job done.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It seems like our police are at a breaking point. Everytime they get a call they feel like it may be one that requires deadly force.

Regular people, like you and me, are confounded by the things that seem unreasonable yet close to home.

Remember that most people want to be alive and eat and sleep and get up and be with family and live normally.

Our media does not recognize the regular. It glorifies the grotesque. People react with emotion and that emotion can lead to dire situations. Good people who intend for the best, yet are involved in dire situations are placed within a justice system that is burdened with an idealized social expectation, and a population which cannot exist within that ideal.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yes,ATA,that is very possible.

But,suppose instead of what everyone may think when tshtf being a rapid occurrence,but a slow progressive sort of things.
Slowly building in intensity.
At what point do you consider it is here?
When someone comes and trys to rob your house that you thought was safe and far enough away from all that?
Breaking into my house to steal food and whatever else they can get?

Is this the beginning,or just a random upsurge in crime.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What would happen if the person who came to rob your house was provided a meal instead of a violent response.

This is not necessarily realistic, yet the imagined concept is still something to consider. Who benefits when citizen fights citizen. If we as citizens solve our own problems, without violence and civilly, what use are the police?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That hasn't happened,yet,but I have many defenses in place.
But when does it get to the point of defending your home,defending your life and those of your family and not committing a crime and even if law enforcement will be still involved?
Will they be more consumed with what is going on in the more populated parts of the cities,leaving those outlaying areas alone?
Of course they will.
So,does it turn into a wild west type of situation?
Laws of the citizens.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The result will be a produce of the initial intent. If a person intends to rob, and the owner intends to defend then the outcome will be violent. Violence is the prerogative of the police. If a dispute is resolved without violence then the police will not be called.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I hope it settles down. I have plans to go to Louisville to see some bands play this weekend.

It's getting warmer, but not that hot, yet, to cause people to get restless and irritated.

In my area there are more burglaries occurring than is usual. Also more meth labs being discovered.
edit on 17-5-2012 by kyred because: Cuz I can

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I hope it settles down. I have plans to go to Louisville to see some bands play this weekend.

It's getting warmer, but not that hot, yet, to cause people to get restless and irritated.

In my area there are more burglaries occurring than is usual. Also more meth labs being discovered.
edit on 17-5-2012 by kyred because: Cuz I can

What bands are you going to see?
I love my music!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have noticed the same thing in my area. Over the top craziness from people.

We had Parent's raping their infants (can't find the link, arggghhh)

Teens breaking into homes and being shot link

Man Held Hostage and Tortured in Fairhope link

A mob beating that made notional news link

And a Buddhist Monk beats another to death link

And I personally know this one. A man felt he was going crazy (and was) and begged the police to help. They did by tazing him seven times and beating him with their billyclubs until he died. This was my sister-in-laws best friend. link

And I while I suppose it could be the whole noticing things more, I don't believe so.

But I do believe I want to stay at home more.
edit on 17-5-2012 by amarenell because: fixed links

new topics

top topics

join