It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denyers of Ron Paul's ONGOING Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We've been hearing a lot about Ron Paul being out of it by all the haters here on ATS. I keep hearing from the same voices, "Ron Paul should have already given up. He's done. This campaign is OVER!". Then they cite the mainstream media articles that are driving this drivel.

These are the same people that are always telling us not to listen to the mainstream media's lies. It's funny how the tune is changed when it's in support of something they like.

Anyway, as of today, Ron Paul started another moneybomb and has already collected $337,099.79.

I will give the quote from the Houston Chronicle today:

There’s no better way to show a campaign is still up and running than to refuel with some campaign cash.

Here's an excerpt from their story:

In just a few hours, the Paul campaign has already raised more than $225,000 from supporters across the country, who still want to see the Texas Congressman in the White House – or at least at the Republican National Convention.

In the 2012 GOP presidential race, the 12-term congressman from Lake Jackson has made the “money bomb” his trademark fundraising tactic, crowning him king of the small donation. But that doesn’t mean his resources are abundant.

Earlier this week, Paul announced he would no longer actively campaign in the remaining Republican primaries because it would require “many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

Many interpreted Paul’s decision to scale back spending as his withdrawal from the GOP race. However, Paul’s national campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, assured reporters that this is not the case.

There has been a lot of naysayers and a lot of propaganda pieces running saying that Paul was trying to distance himself from his supporters. It's obvious that this man is not ready to give up, nor is he ready to abandon ship on his loyal contingents.

Houston Chronicle Source

Alternatively, you have Forbes reporting this headline:

With Ron Paul Out Of The Race, Can Mitt Romney Deliver Less Government?

edit on 5/17/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul and I have donated to his campaign numerous times, but his campaign managers said his chances of winning the GOP nomination is pretty much over.

Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination . Governor Romney is now within 200 delegates of securing the party’s nod. However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.

edit on 17-5-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Of course, hear the loud voices here, still so much support
And of course the Oklahoma Govt. just had to say what she said due to fear

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Of course, hear the loud voices here, still so much support
And of course the Oklahoma Govt. just had to say what she said due to fear

It was all she could do to try and tame the crowd. Nobody wants to be sold Mitt Romney, however.

ETA: The moneybomb is over half a mil now.
edit on 5/17/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

FJ! S+F to you too! I am surprised I missed this thread... usually I see them.

I miss your old avatar though haha, but you are right, keep the Ron Paul hope alive, it isn't over till December!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ron Paul and his campaign are genius. This is exactly what they wanted to happen.

The MSM would interpret this announcement as the end of his campaign.

So who's going to vote for Romney if they think Ron Paul is out?

It will be nothing but Ron Paul supporters at the rest of the caucuses.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My father called me yesterday to tell me that he just voted for Ron Paul. I was so proud of him until he said, "Its just to bad that he's not even running anymore."

I calmed myself before I said anything I would regret. And I calmly asked where he got his information. And of course he said Faux News.

I told him that Faux News was blatently lieing and that he should do his own research. I guided him to the Paul website where he found out the truth. He was little bewilderd as to why Faux News would lie like that. If we wernt on the phone he would have seen the biggest eye roll I've ever had.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The mainstream media LIES.

Just like the POTUS lies.

It's apparent they don't want a responsible, consistant person in office.
He would crash the party and they aren't interested in quitting the habit.

The media gets paid to tell it's viewers how to react.
The people are just gullible enough to believe what the television tells them.

I feel sorry for all those people who believe in the television.
They know not what they have done.

It truly affects everyone of us.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's at $613,104.80 right now. Pretty awesome. Did my part as I've tried to do through his whole campaign. I look forward to the craziness at the RNC. Gonna be voting in the California primaries next month and if possible, maybe take some video of the happenings there.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If you don't want to listen to Ron Paul's own campaign telling you that they don't have a chance at the nomination and that their goal is to bring a "strong message" to the convention...then I think you are just beign willfully ignorant.

He will accept all the money his supporters are willing to give him...he isn't going to turn that down...doesn't mean he has any more chance at the nomination.

I do see that you have removed your Ron Paul avatar...I guess even you are feeling the drop in enthusiasim.
edit on 18-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

If you don't want to listen to Ron Paul's own campaign telling you that they don't have a chance at the nomination and that their goal is to bring a "strong message" to the convention...then I think you are just beign willfully ignorant.

He will accept all the money his supporters are willing to give him...he isn't going to turn that down...doesn't mean he has any more chance at the nomination.

I do see that you have removed your Ron Paul avatar...I guess even you are feeling the drop in enthusiasim.
edit on 18-5-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Well, if we're going by avatars I can tell you are still the same old nay-saying, trolling, flaming, incompetent you always were. Brace yourself FJ, here come the shills. I bet your banker masters are very upset with you. You have failed to stop the Ron Paul movement and faith in him. You seem to forget that as delegates are UNBOUND... anything can happen at this point. I'm happy to disappoint you.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Davian because: (no reason given)

Like I said, I support and have donated to RP campaign numerous times and if he runs as an independent I will continue to do so. However, It was the RP campaign and not the MSM that said he has no chance of winning the GOP nomination. I wish that was not the case but it is. It looks like Romney is going to get the 200 delegates he needs and he is going to win in the first round stopping it from going to the second round in Tampa.

Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination . Governor Romney is now within 200 delegates of securing the party’s nod. However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.

I hope that is not the case but that was what his campaign put out.

I don't think the GOP will be truly influenced to incorporate RP ideology, no matter how many RP delegates are in Tampa. The GOP will just promise to incorporate those changes and allow time to pass then break those promises. The GOP is not stupid they know the RP message very well about fiscal responsibility , and they are also aware that is what the majority of Republicans want. However, fiscal responsibility goes against their food source (Lobbyist and special interest groups) and no message will stop that.

Personally, I feel RP is our last chance to fix this country before they close down the internet and provide koolaid for the voters on the internet like they do in the MSM.

By the time Rand Paul will run for president the GOP and the DNC will ensure that the internet will not be usable as a tool to spread the truth. He will have little chance to get elected unless of course he plays ball with them.

We are toast unless the majority of Americans don't demand that the loop holes and grey areas in Washington become problem number 1 for America. Our politicians can't make a good decision for us because we are giving them only 100K - 500K salaries a year , while they are getting millions from lobbyist ,special interests groups and loop holes in the system.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If you want to know Ron Paul's opinion, listen to Ron Paul, not Rand Paul, Jesse Benton, or the news. Ron Paul was clear that they were backing away from the (rigged) voting but staying strong with the delegate strategy.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Jules

Has Ron Paul come out and said that he has a GOOD chance to STILL WIN the Nomination, after his campaign chairman put that message out?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by Lord Jules

Has Ron Paul come out and said that he has a GOOD chance to STILL WIN the Nomination, after his campaign chairman put that message out?

What's your point?

He has a speaking event tonight,

www.dailypaul.com...

I would be fairly shocked if he announces to thousands of fans that he is quitting. He says winning will be hard because we are going against the establishment, but the chances are good.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My point is exactly what I asked. It wasn't a trick question nor a slam against you?

I look forward to what he has to say tonight.

edit on 18-5-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join