It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if alien civilizations do existed but got extinct before the rise of humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What if aliens do existed but got extinct before the rise of humans?

Here is a scenario: Millions of years ago there was once a thriving hypothetical Galactic Civilization./Federation composed of various extraterrestial civilizations. However, a cataclysmic event wiped out that civilization with only a few remaining planets including Earth left unscathed. Due to this, the event made humans the only intelligent life on the galaxy

So is this why maybe we didn't find extraterrestial life and/or aliens didn't come to us because we are the only ones due to the extinction of aliens before we came?

edit on 17-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

PlausAble, just like every other thread on the subject

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

PlausAble, just like every other thread on the subject

Right on!!

Where do people come up with this "Galactical Federation" nonsense??

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Probably not, but that is somewhat thought-provoking nonetheless. If that were true though, I would think that it would be even more likely that we would have found some sort of trace evidence, by now.

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Where do people come up with this "Galactical Federation" nonsense??
Can you prove that it is nonsense?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah, who knows. The vastness of the multiverse dictates there is life everywhere, just starting, in their 'golden ages' and dying off and falling into extinction...it's certain all of these scenarios, and many more levels inbetween are being played out in immeasurable numbers across the cosmos.

Locally though? The Moons of many the planets in the Solar system have artifacts and appear to have remants of ancient civilisations...whether those ancient civilisations were humans thousands of years ago or ET's is anyones guess (unless you're in the loop, then guessing isn't required), perhaps both have had cities or bases at one time or another, or many times throughout ancient history.

Until the black governments of the world, drop the lame 'it will cause panic' excuses and stop patronising the people of this world and tell us the truth about this for once, it's going to be something we won't know for sure...unless we somehow build out own ships or probes, and i don't see that happening soon.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Err I don't mean the galactic federation crap from the internet. It's a hypothetical one.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There's another possibility:

We may be the first intelligent species in the universe.

I'm not joking or being sarcastic either. This is something that occurred to me as one possibility.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

A Great one too
but I disagree

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Planet of the Apes is a good example of a possibility. Our government knows the truth (obviously) but won't say anything because it would have an adverse effect. Kinda like the Apes getting knowledge that thier entire civilzation use to be caged in zoos for our entertainment and running wild in the jungle. We are like the Apes and even if someone with credibility was to say we were a slave race on another planet no one would believe it. I think our solar system has alot of evidence of who we are and where we came from. But less 2 % of the worlds populatiuon will ever actually go into outer space so its easier to keep it secret. Kinda like the forbidden zone. Thats why personalized space flight is illegal.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just one possibility out of innumerable possibilities. Not really one I subscribe to personally - but WTH - it coulda happened that way... I suppose.. Why not?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
what if?

it wouldn't matter one way or the other...

we could be the first or last life in the universe, it doesn't matter, the distances are too great for physical travel unless they left 200,000 years ago..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

[Snip]
we could be the first or last life in the universe, it doesn't matter, the distances are too great for physical travel unless they left 200,000 years ago..

Unless there is technology that exists or space traveling methods that far surpass what we believe to be theoretically possible.

Worm holes come to mind.

That is if they are even interstellar travelers to begin with.

Distance would be a non-issue for The Inter-dimensional or inter-planetary theory.

They may already be here among us,in one form or another. Seemingly invisible because of humanities limited perception of the visual light spectrum.

it could be that they are multidimensional,co-existing on another "frequency" and/or timeline. ( almost unfathomable but intriguing nevertheless )

Not that I disagree with the distance/FTL roadblock.

It truly all comes down to the origin of the visitors IMO.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

[Snip]

However, a cataclysmic event wiped out that civilization with only a few remaining planets including Earth left unscathed. Due to this, the event made humans the only intelligent life on the galaxy

[ Emphasis added by me ]

Gods help us all!!!

If we are it,you are gonna have a lot of angry wishing hopefuls waiting on the benevolent aliens to clean this mess up,swooping down to save the day.

It is possible,Cannot be proved or disproved.

Personally,I hope you are wrong,if only because of my own hope that 'we are not alone' and my curiosity of what intelligent life forms other than humanity existing in the universe would be like.

S&F for the effort and making me think of 'what if' scenarios.

edit on 18-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
Yeah, who knows. The vastness of the multiverse dictates there is life everywhere, just starting, in their 'golden ages' and dying off and falling into extinction...it's certain all of these scenarios, and many more levels inbetween are being played out in immeasurable numbers across the cosmos.

Locally though? The Moons of many the planets in the Solar system have artifacts and appear to have remants of ancient civilisations...whether those ancient civilisations were humans thousands of years ago or ET's is anyones guess (unless you're in the loop, then guessing isn't required), perhaps both have had cities or bases at one time or another, or many times throughout ancient history.

Until the black governments of the world, drop the lame 'it will cause panic' excuses and stop patronising the people of this world and tell us the truth about this for once, it's going to be something we won't know for sure...unless we somehow build out own ships or probes, and i don't see that happening soon.

Could you show me some sources of your claim of there being artifacts on other planets moons in our solar system please?

Stupid phone, question is in quoted text.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join