It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of UFO reports and all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Never thought I could get enough of UFO's, but hasn't this mystery been beaten to death for now? I mean, ufology has been very popular since the 1940's, but nothing's changed in over 70 years. People see strange things in the sky. Okay. There are captured aliens hidden in secret military installations. Okay.

It's gotten to the point where if someone told me they were abducted by aliens, I'd look up to the sky and say, "Looks like we're gonna get some rain."

Until aliens decide to land their spaceship in the middle of a major city and invite reporters and camera crews into their ship, all we're going to get is more strange sightings and more hoaxes. I'm kinda done with it.

How about you?

Maybe this is what they're waiting for; to make themselves known without widespread panic. They land near a picnic party and say, "Greetings earthlings, we are from Galfiltaphish."

And the picnickers offer them hamburgers and potato salad. I dunno.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What is the point of this thread lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You can always ignore the field. Most people I know who are interested in UFOs wax and wane on the issue over time. Nothing really earth shaking has happened recently so we're relegated to rehashing old stuff. The only activity is in the Exopolitics crowd tilting at windmills and a few charlatans no one pays much attention to any more.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm tired of politics dominating ATS. Its nice to see UFOs and ET posts again.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
While I love reading the case histories of the most credible reports (military, police, multiple witnesses) and feel those alone are reason enough for a general belief in visitation I have to agree, even as an investigator.

The time of just gathering verbal reports and investigating them with no evidence is done.

The US, UK and certain major governments still withhold evidence and refuse to acknowledge it, even though other major governments have released files and taken public positions that it has and is happening.

Most of the videos we see are either CGI hoaxes, mis-identifications or too shaky / low quality to do much with.

If we really want to solve this issue, once and for all, we're going to have to do it ourselves as a crowd-sourced, open source project.

I'd like to start an Internet connected, public observatory that uses sky cameras (HD) and telescopes hosted by people all over the World to gather evidence. I even had kick starter approval to post it for funding but delayed doing so when I got into discussions with several groups in the field who wanted to participate. Those went nowhere so I'm trying to decide if I should just go for it or not.

Peter Davenport wants to build a public "radar" system that would be able to detect and gather data on objects over the Earth and into deep space. He's working on trying to fund the project but I'm afraid he lacks the ability to do so using modern internet and social media tools.

IMO, these types of projects where the public can gather it's own scientific data is the only way forward. Short of a mass contact event or disclosure the status quo of report gathering is getting us no where.
edit on 17-5-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
I'm tired of politics dominating ATS. Its nice to see UFOs and ET posts again.

LOL I feel the same way about politics too. I love the science stuff as long as it's presented for the average guy.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurSecretHouseCLUB33
What is the point of this thread lol

It's a rant. I also want to know if I'm not alone. Is it time to turn our thoughts to what IS happening in the world, as opposed to waiting anxiously to see yet another unexplained dot in the sky?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
While I love reading the case histories of the most credible reports (military, police, multiple witnesses) and feel those alone are reason enough for a general belief in visitation I have to agree, even as an investigator.

The time of just gathering verbal reports and investigating them with no evidence is done.

The US, UK and certain major governments still withhold evidence and refuse to acknowledge it, even though other major governments have released files and taken public positions that it has and is happening.

Most of the videos we see are either CGI hoaxes, mis-identifications or too shaky / low quality to do much with.

If we really want to solve this issue, once and for all, we're going to have to do it ourselves as a crowd-sourced, open source project.

I'd like to start an Internet connected, public observatory that uses sky cameras (HD) and telescopes hosted by people all over the World to gather evidence. I even had kick starter approval to post it for funding but delayed doing so when I got into discussions with several groups in the field who wanted to participate. Those went nowhere so I'm trying to decide if I should just go for it or not.

Peter Davenport wants to build a public "radar" system that would be able to detect and gather data on objects over the Earth and into deep space. He's working on trying to fund the project but I'm afraid he lacks the ability to do so using modern internet and social media tools.

IMO, these types of projects where the public can gather it's own scientific data is the only way forward. Short of a mass contact event or disclosure the status quo of report gathering is getting us no where.

Good stuff!

Also, I'd like to see a worldwide public effort to NOT inform official agencies in case of a UFO crash. If by any chance an alien spacecraft crashes, I'd love to see a MASSIVE buildup of citizens rushing the site before the police or military get there. Why not take the aliens (if uninjured) to a local TV station?

I'm tired of the secrecy, and it's time for us to take matters into our own hands. Even to the point of arresting and holding those in law enforcement that would deny us our right to know.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I wouldn't approach a crashed vehicle too closely. There have been multiple reports by military witnesses about people getting sick and dying after close contact with crashed vehicles.

There's a case of a crash in Mexico where the US came in and retrieved the wreck after the Mexican military / Federales got their first and were all killed by an unknown biological agent, to give an example of one case I can think of without checking the references.

There are also numerous cases with excellent witnesses (multiple / credible) of the speed with which US military teams with no insignias have gotten to crash sites. With the new laws allowing indefinite detention of citizens I don't know that a national security letter would be the result of being in the wrong place at the right time which is how a lot of the older cases were handled when civilians were in the area.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm always posting in the UFO area, but I entirely agree. The world of UFO reports now is the same and the world of reality - hate. Everybody lies to each other because they all hate each other which is sad.

new topics

top topics

join