It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300,000 times the strength of the Earth's magnetic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
300,000 times the strength of the Earth's magnetic field: BLADE's new 14 Tesla magnet

The first researchers to use the new high-field superconducting magnet at Diamond Light Source, the UK’s national synchrotron facility, are searching for “hidden magnetic states”. If found, they will provide important confirmation of a theoretical model which could have important applications in magnetic data storage. Diamond’s BLADE beamline is providing them with the tools for the search.

phys.org...

still reading a bit more on this , just wanted to post it and get some thoughts . ill be updating this thread
many thanks
shamil

your thoughts ?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I feel safe enough over here that I don't mind if they turn on that device.

I would love to see what happens (so long as I am nice and safe distance away)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Indeed, I don't think it would have a profound effect on the. Earth ,however I do wonder if it could cause a small poll shift ?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

Nah.

There's a 45 tesla magnet (1 million times the Earth's field) in Florida. The big daddy is the 100 Tesla magnet at Los Alamos. Last I heard they got up to 92.5 tesla.
www.lanl.gov...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh nice , ya I just got the time to research it a bit more . Thanks phage its always a pleasure to have true flawless knowledge on the boards

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

Nah.

There's a 45 tesla magnet (1 million times the Earth's field) in Florida. The big daddy is the 100 Tesla magnet at Los Alamos. Last I heard they got up to 92.5 tesla.
www.lanl.gov...

I don't believe this statement if it is not endorsed by John Lithgow.

Just saying...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm a little uneasy about it. Creating a magnetic field that much greater than the field of the earth would have to affect the earth's field in some way. All of the other experimentation that has gone on with massive Tesla fields may be what has caused such a rapid change in the past few decades if you think about it.
Not terrified, but still uneasy...

*clarification.... one of that size that's concentrated in one place is what makes me uneasy. Big things come in small packages.
edit on 18-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Creating a magnetic field greater than the field of the earth would have to affect the earth's field in some way.

Your refrigerator magnets are stronger than the Earth's magnetic field.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Creating a magnetic field greater than the field of the earth would have to affect the earth's field in some way.

Your refrigerator magnets are stronger than the Earth's magnetic field.

That evil refrigerator!! I knew it was up to something!

new topics

top topics

join