It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreans Pirate Chinese Fishing Vessel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

North Koreans Pirate Chinese Fishing Vessell

ca.news.yahoo.com

Twenty-nine Chinese fishermen have been kidnapped at sea by unidentified North Koreans who have demanded 1.2 million yuan ($190,000) in ransom, fellow sailors and media said Thursday.
The men were fishing in three separate vessels on May 8 when gunmen boarded their boats and forcibly took them over, locking up those on board, said a boat owner surnamed Sun who has been in touch with the captives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-5-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Interesting.

There is no way the North Korean gov't would allow this to take place without their involvement. If they do get the ransom, you think Kim Jung Un will allow them to walk around NK with millions of Yuan.

Appears this happened last week, and information is now just being released.

This can only end up with these NK being killed, IMO. Either Chinese military kills them off, or they get the money and get back to NK and get killed.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wonder how this will affect the N.Korea and China relationship. Pretty stupid move by these guys since Chinas N.Korea's only rock in the modern day world.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
They probobly kidnapped the wrong boat thinking it was South Korean.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The Chinese government is weak - it'll fold and probably apologize to the pirates for disturbing them.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
There is no way the North Korean gov't would allow this to take place without their involvement.

on top of that, the Chinese are their benefactor, so there is no way they would let them do it.

most likely your typical gang at work no less.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well...Baby Fat Boy has convinced his people they are the pinnacle of of the world...maybe it went to the pirates' heads.

China will downplay this, but, slap N. Korea on the wrist...jmoho.

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't think this is real. It's too easy to organise to take seriously.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Or maybe this is their way OUT of North Korea - approach the nearest foreign vessel giving it the Ya-Harr Jim Lad act, name a price, and then hope to be given the chance to surrender to the PLANavy and taken away (as opposed to being shot in the face and/or sent back to Pyongyang). Sounds a bit OTT but then again, if that's the case they ARE trying to leave NK - who knows how one's mind would work.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kolya

My guess is that the chineese government will not really care about these fishermans. They will probably only respond IF it makes it big in the media. I do not expect any kind of retaliation or political move towards North Korea because of this incident.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
China isn't going to do anything to North Korea, China needs North Korea to keep South Korea and the US away from Chinas border. Which is the reason why China got involved in the Korean war.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solenko

But they wouldn't just leave Chinese nationals to it, would they? I know that might sound naive when talking about a government like China's, but... surely they'd at least pretend to try and get their nationals back?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
they probably won't do much. but it would be interesting to see if they send in their ZhongDui (Chinese SEALS) Don't think they have much operating experience, other than snooping taiwans harbors or what have you. But they probably train with a ton of discipline.

Maybe they'll send them in in a SEAL team 6 type of snipe the pirates off the boat ala Mersk Alabama style. Just to show to the world that they can do it too. China is competitive in some ways. They've been stealing the show with their version of army engineer core the last few years building excellent public works projects for poor african nations and in peace keeping rolls. MAybe they want to get into the worlds policing community to compete with the US.

Although they will probably do nothing. N. Korea is psychotic and can and will try to do anything. especially if it's incredibly stupid and suicidal.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think these pirates are going to be fed to their relatives as punishment.No way they would have such disorder in their precious system.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya
reply to post by Solenko

But they wouldn't just leave Chinese nationals to it, would they? I know that might sound naive when talking about a government like China's, but... surely they'd at least pretend to try and get their nationals back?

We are talking about a country that live in a very different reality then we do. For example, they kill newborns by making a lethal injection between the bones on their heads. They will kill protesters to avoid civil unrest. Basically they do not seem to believe that life is as sacred as we think it is in the occidental world. They are controlling the expansion of their population since they are so many...

I am convinced that if the world is not looking, they will not go out of their way to save a few fishermans.

new topics

top topics

join