It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Fear Fault in Alaska Could Generate a Killer Tsunami

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The next great Pacific tsunami may well come from Alaska according to new scientific research. If this will be anything like the great swells of seawater that region has kicked up in the past, it could cause death and destruction as far away as Hawaii and California!

Recent analysis of Alaska’s potential to generate a future tsunami which is highlighted in the May 8 issue of Eos, have turned up a worrisome similarity between the source of the magnitude 9.0 earthquake that generated the Japan tsunami and a particular segment of a major quake-prone fault running along the seafloor just south of Alaska’s Aleutian islands.

For those wanting something different from the news, you will have to seek out alternative sources of news, that are willing to discuss the truly earth shattering events that are continually taking place all over the globe. The mainstream media does briefly cover some of the topics in this video but then keep quiet about the subject which should be top news!

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Thu May 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Interesting. And just one more thing to put on the list of ''Things we can do nothing about, but should be aware of''

Do locked portions of subduction zones always slip? Or do they sometimes have their pressure relieved further up or down the fault, with smaller earthquakes.
If this did go, it would be huuuuge.

(Side note: I've noticed a lot of these Earth Change News videos being posted on ATS.
The guy talking does seem to have done his research which is awesome, but the way he talks winds me up.
)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume
Interesting. And just one more thing to put on the list of ''Things we can do nothing about, but should be aware of''

Do locked portions of subduction zones always slip? Or do they sometimes have their pressure relieved further up or down the fault, with smaller earthquakes.
If this did go, it would be huuuuge.

(Side note: I've noticed a lot of these Earth Change News videos being posted on ATS.
The guy talking does seem to have done his research which is awesome, but the way he talks winds me up.
)

Only 2 or 3 have been put on and whats wrong with the way that I talk? lol

I work very hard on the research for every single video

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds

I knew it! I knew as soon as I hit 'reply' that it was your video. Awkwaaaard..

In all seriousness though, there's nothing wrong with the way you talk!
I used to live in the Medway towns, and your accent sounds similar. The accent isn't the problem, it's the memories of the Medway towns.. anything that reminds me of Gillingham/Chatham winds me up. D=

Please don;t take it as a serious criticism. Your vids are, as I said, well-researched, and informative!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I knew it! I knew as soon as I hit 'reply' that it was your video. Awkwaaaard..

In all seriousness though, there's nothing wrong with the way you talk!
I used to live in the Medway towns, and your accent sounds similar. The accent isn't the problem, it's the memories of the Medway towns.. anything that reminds me of Gillingham/Chatham winds me up. D=

Please don;t take it as a serious criticism. Your vids are, as I said, well-researched, and informative!

Thats cool

You never know I might be from that area

I take all criticism with a pinch of salt (sometimes)

Its all cool

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
www.usc.edu...
www.usc.edu...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Cool video!

I shared it with all my buds up in Alaska

Never hurts to be aware!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
www.usc.edu...
www.usc.edu...

Of course not the whats worrying is that the pressure is building up then again I read the pressure is building up on a lot of fault lines

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Cool video!

I shared it with all my buds up in Alaska

Never hurts to be aware!

Cheers Bro

Peace

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Somethingintheclouds

I understand that.
But it's not anything new. The Aleutians have been a concern for a long time.

Nice presentation by the way. Sounds familiar.
news.discovery.com...
Very familiar.

edit on 5/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just doing what the main stream news does best in an alternative way I dunno if you actually liked the production or you are being sarcastic now

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don't find plagiarism funny.
Do you?

edit on 5/17/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
plagiarism? what do you think the mainstream news does every single day its not plagiarism if its in my own worlds and I work hard on everything else in my video I think thats called fair use.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It isn't your own words.
It's word for word from the article I linked.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Its not word for word are you trying to discredit my work or something? Or personally try and attack the work I do for my supporters have you seen the other # people copy besides I am not copying anything I am simply doing what mainstream news does and thats report the news.

link   

Originally posted by Phage

It isn't your own words.
It's word for word from the article I linked.

He's got a point. At least link the article you are quoting.....

link   
reply to post by Phage

Every news story has a source, every piece of information has to come from somewhere.
I'd rather he gets his information, then shares it with us via these videos, than never know.
It wasn't word-for-word, and this is a thousands times more informed, well presented, and accessible than some of the ridiculous info-vids being posted about rogue planets and Mayan prophecies.
And I thank Chris for bringing it to my attention, because I wouldn't have just chanced upon news discovery dot com.
Would you Phage?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Every news story has a source, every piece of information has to come from somewhere.
I'd rather he gets his information, then shares it with us via these videos, than never know.
It wasn't word-for-word, and this is a thousands times more informed, well presented, and accessible than some of the ridiculous info-vids being posted about rogue planets and Mayan prophecies.
And I thank Chris for bringing it to my attention, because I wouldn't have just chanced upon news discovery dot com.
Would you Phage?

Not word for word? Not the entire OP, but he def took statements word for word......

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I already did in the main video description

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

I already did in the main video description

So you didn't take anything from the link phage posted?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join