It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushcraft On Fire Radio 05/17/2012 : #54...More Budget Bushcrafting, More Stealth and Cooking..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ac4fabaca0.jpg[/atsimg]

Thursday, 05/10/2012 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net
If Illustrial does not work click:::
ATS Direct

[color=#f9eb03]Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Ryan
And TheRedneck Doug

Cheap Bushcrafting, A Little More Stealth and yes... Survival Cooking..

PLUS.. "[color=#f90320]Vital Directions" with Ryan, [color=#0a94ff]Gardening With Laura and.. [color=#27ff0a]Plants With Luke

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Looking forward to the show tonight.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
We are about Fifty minutes away from show time. Come listen in to all the tips, stories and comments. There is always something new to learn.

If we haven't covered a subject you are interested in, or if you just have a question about something already presented, contact us on the Show Thread, Bushcraftonfire (link above), or FaceBook (link above).

Hope to see you there. BT

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

What She Said

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
ohh oooh cant wait for Tams cooking
i love watching her cooking on Youtube.
she rocks
she is the Butter Queen

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
cooking... lets hear about cooking

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
what about Kershaw?
and isnt Gerber made in Chinamart?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

All of the BG knives I've seen had cheap, multi part plastic handles put together with glue dripping out and looking like they would peel apart. Cheap marketing junk. No wonder he has to spend his nights after filming a show in hotels and take a large support team with him in the field.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

they"re talkin about Gerber as a good tool,.
but I prefer not to support china,.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ooh ask her what seeds we need to grow gouds.. they can be made into bowls and utensils

edit on 17/5/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I totally agree, especially when you can get a Mora for less than ten dollars.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What!!!!?? ramen noodles??
yer kidding right??
thats not survival food..yikes
aluminum free baking powder i hope
and hot dogs.. sodium nitrates,, yummy,.. gotta love colon cancer
edit on 17-5-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe they should use bears for drug sniffing. Now there's a deterant.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I wanted to thank you for the link. I am really enjoying this radio program. I love the survival advice, recipes as well as other information. The hosts seem like really good people. I also cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed the piece on Black Bears. Still listening as I post this.

I myself being an avid outdoorsmen and backpacker fully understands these creatures. We all need to respect these animals. While up in the Yosemite highcountry, We cook away from our backpacking camp. In fact, the only thing we do near camp is urinate, and we only do that because it detours male bears from invading our camp. Not always, but most of the time.

Even with bear canisters, you need to move them away from camp because the bears can smell anything that is inside them. It's great that they can't get to the food inside, but they still smell it and still try to get it open. I myself usually ledge my canister, which is sticking into a wall between some granite rock or whatever stone exists in the area you're camping in. You can also put it up into a tree, as well as tie your food up which many bears, without a doubt those in Yosemite and Yellowstone, seem to have figured out how to master.

The number one rule is to properly store your food while in the backcountry, and to also do all your cooking and anything else that involves releasing scents into the forest far away from your camp. Anyway, Love the show. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
can you post the 5 rules of 3 for me, please.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
On the subject of Timothy Treadwell, his girl friend Amie Huguenard was mauled to death along with him on that tragic day. So I am guessing that his ex-girl friend Jewel Palovak, must be the person who possesses the tape of Timothy's death. Then there is Vicky Scott in Hessel, who Tim lived with just prior to leaving on his tragic voyage. Not sure who he was last with because it seems to be a gray area of this interesting unfortunate incident.

Equally as well, whatever the case may be, I don't understand why his family would not have legal rights to the tape, instead of some ex-girl friend or ex=girl friends, whatever the truth may be. However, someone else with more inside info might be able to touch on this question better than I can. Interesting story though. Unfortunately, Young Timothy didn't understand just how desperate these large Mammals become once they start to starve and live off of their own fat. Timothy was camped out on an island with limited resources. Tomothy was not skilled enough in outdoor survival to be able to use good judgement, or to properly defend himself and his girl friend. Those are the facts.

One more thing concerning the Bear problem. Let me first start by saying that it's not a Bear problem whatsoever. What it is, is a Humanbeing problem. They killed the bear that mauled Treadwell and his girl friend. Why? Those Bears kill meat on that island in order to survive the brutal climate. This place is so far away from civilization that it's an absolute joke that they would actually blame the Bear, which is exactly what they did here.

It's one thing to eradicate a troublesome Bear from a populated area where it might harm young children, but it's another thing to destroy a Bear that lives on an Island in the wilderness far, far away from any major human populated City or town. The least they could have done was relocated the bear. However, considering the facts of this case, where could the bear be relocated that would somehow be safer than on the island that it originally came from?

Fact is, We humans still have alot to learn about these animals. If we are going to continue to allow a few idiots to decide the fate of these incredible beasts of Nature, then we will likely destroy ourselves as predators as well. Just my rant concerning the Bear problem (human problem). Hey, thank's again everyone. Loved the show! ~$heopleNation
edit on 17-5-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

1. 3 minutes without air

2. 3 hours without shelter

3. 3 days without water

4. 3 Weeks without food

5. 3 months without human contact

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sorry I missed the show
. I was working. Like all the discussion here about bears though. They are relatively new to this part of Eastern KY. So reading up on it, and we talked to a forest ranger once too. Laura how's the garden growing. We got tired covering the potatoes everyday since Good Friday, the mound is up to your knees, so we are letting it leaf out, wow is all I can say, those suckers are huge plants. Cukes, tomatoes, basil, peppers and cilantro are doing great. Also my new job has me catering, and the boss lets me bring home salvagables, so dehydrating red peppers tonight!.

new topics

top topics

join