It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Warning from Lew Rockwell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm a regular at the lewrockwell blog. As a former chief of staff for Congressman Ron Paul's office, he is a staunch Ron Paul supporter. Basically, his website preaches much of Paul's rhetoric (although there are a few dissenters who post from time to time).

It is interesting to me that Lew himself would post this message:

These "behave yourself" admonitions are meant for the best, though the world didn't come to an end when the Goldwater delegates booed Nelson Rockefeller during his entire speech at the 1964 Republican convention.
But this is not 1964. That is the main reason Ron delegates must not look askance at the Ronmeyites and other official criminals at the Tampa convention: it will be a police-state hellhole, especially for anyone with libertarian sympathies. The swarming cops, SS, DHS, FBI, CIA, et al. will be looking for the chance to taser and cage Paulians. Trained agent provocateurs will seek to cause incidents.
So, given the high cost, the unpleasant atmosphere, and the disgusting crowning of King Willard, any LRC'er ***MIGHT WANT TO LET SOMEONE ELSE GO IN YOUR PLACE.*** First, you have already spent a lot of money--not to speak of your heart and soul--and going to the convention will be very expensive. Second, the place will be full of the illegitimate rich lording it over you, arrogant types who made their fortunes through politics. A middle-class Paulian is dirt to these people. Third, the thousands of non-Paul delegates and alternates--like their heroes Romney, Palin, Gingrich, Santorum, etc., and like the media and the staffers--will be warmongers, torture fans, drone lovers, and concentration camp advocates. They will oppose the 4th amendment, the free market, Ron Paul and liberty--I could go on.
Tampa, even more than the rest of the country, will be Occupied Territory. You could be targeted for wearing a Ron button, let alone refusing in some way to bow down to your betters. Now, you may want to go for the experience. Understood. After all, I did so myself, though in a less totalitarian America. But if you are a radical, keep your mouth shut, your smile pasted on, and your demeanor lackadaisacle, for your own safety. Obey everyone in a uniform or expensive suit. Turn away from anyone who suggests anything disruptive. Oh, and email me the truth about what you see!
UPDATE from Chris Breaux:
I got almost the exact same warning from a local GOPer who is honestly afraid for my safety at the state and national conventions. Thank you for this warning to my fellow Paul supporters. We must truly become “stealth” delegates.

This "maybe we are getting in over our heads with the jack-booted thugs" rhetoric is odd... do you think Lew has gotten word of something we don't know???
edit on 17-5-2012 by therealdemoboy because: emphasis ***ADDED***

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
please post a link to your source so we dont have to go hunting.. thanks

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is the link the op didn't add.
www.lewrockwell.com...

It seems to be an odd about face.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

I'm pretty skeptical of his claims, only because I dont think anyone at the GOP wants images of button-down libertarians in suits being tazered. They prefer to characterize the people they sic the police upon to be easily described as filthy and unwashed hippies.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Um....
Is this real?

It wasn't posted on his blog site but a Political Theatre section that i've never seen before
Is it perhaps humor or satire?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Is it perhaps humor or satire?

It doesn't appear to be satire or anything. Just another blog run solely by him. I dug up this post from the archives.

Even though I was once deeply involved in it, before going straight, I hate politics; it is, after all, virtually always a struggle among criminals for the power to loot and kill our fellow men. Elections are corrupt and corrupting, even when they don't stuff the ballot boxes. In other words, politics is government. But I can't take my eyes off politics. It's as if I'm passing a train wreck and slowing down. I can't help it.

So what to do? To solve this problem, I am starting a new, personal LRC blog, Political Theatre, where I will post political links I find interesting, funny, or maddening. And, of course, I'll cover Ron. Like the LRC Blog, Political Theatre will be continuously updated, but unlike it, it will be a solo effort. As always, I'd appreciate your suggestions as to items to link.

Frankly, I am not sure if there is a market for this. If you find it interesting, I'll keep it up; if not, I'll go back to yelling at the television. (Actually, I can't stop that either.)
www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As mentioned above, it seems a strange about face, considering Lew's undaunted rhetoric over the last several years. That's exactly why it's disturbing to me. I tend to read this with a hint at something "sinister" behind the scenes... but then again, maybe my tinfoil hat is a couple sizes too small sometimes.
edit on 17-5-2012 by therealdemoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
From what I have seen of this election from the other side of the world, this looks very much how the election process will be played as the stakes rise. With all the media bias and election fraud so far, the media wants more footage of Paul supports rounded up and locked up. Fear, intimidation, lies, injustice and misrepresentation has been part of the political game plan for a while now. The precedent that has been set from past elections is setting a very poor standard for democracy as there is a growing disconnect between the public will and votes counted. When Gaddaffi offered to have an election before the invasion of Libya, it is a clear demonstration just how much of a priority the public voice is for those currently at the wheel.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

This is exactly what I am worried about, my friend... I'm not into fear-mongering, but maybe the target that the media has painted on Ron Paul is being re-focused to his supporters...
After a few ugly state-convention incidents, select Ron Paul supporters have made it easy for the media to portray us as not the tin-foil hat crowd of 2008, but rather a serious public menace in 2012. Obviously this isn't true, but once the decision is made to portray a group a certain way by TPTB, it's almost impossible to shake it.
Then, when the goons' heavy hands make their way to us, the common American has no sympathy for us. Hell, there may be people on the neoconservative right calling for us to be locked up at Gitmo along with "all the other terrorists".
Lew has me thinking a lot after that thread. Maybe it's a wakeup call of sorts................

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The US Military staged a mock/drill which aimed to "rescue" Tampa, FL Mayor Bob Buckhorn, who was said to be kidnapped by terrorists (in the drill).
It may be coincidence, but do note please, that this is taking place in Tampa, where the RNC will be held this summer.
www.thedailybell.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

do you think Lew has gotten word of something we don't know

No,
it sounds to me like he has gotten the word of something we already knew.

new topics

top topics

join