It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought this was a conspiracy site? obviously not :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hey,

Like 24 subjects on the main board right now... Only 3 conspiracy related, according to the titles.

Where's all the conspiracy buffs gone?

Here's a conspiracy for ya... The govs been watching the site to locate anyone who's on to something they shouldn't be, and have infiltrated the site with MSM shills.

Discuss

On a serious note, the majority of posts lately are regaring American Civil unrest.... I don't mean to be a party pooper, but its well boring

edit on 17-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
well sadly there are only so many conspiracy topics to talk about and with all the hate being spewed about double threads and using the search function, there just isn't that many "new" conspiracies to talk about. either that or the govt is really starting to crack down on ATS and they have started replacing our content providers with people more interested in the latest doom and gloom story out there.

but thats just a theory so yeah who knows but i miss some good ol' fashion conspiracy threads, the kind that really make you think.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
what do you think we should talk about?

edit on 17-5-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Yea, I hear ya... I'm currently working on quite an in depth conspiracy thread that you all might enjoy, its taken a couple of weeks of research, but at least I can maybe provide some half decent content

Just a quick thread to remind peeps why we are here, and maybe some food for thought for future posters.... Do some digging!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well...

I believe eventually if you wrap your life around conspiracies.... the whole world becomes one big conspiracy...

Perhaps even those die hard conspiracy buffs need a break once in a while...

Or most of them just went nutz... and are sitting quietly in a corner, hiding from the world thats out to destroy them

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

With their tin foil hats on

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you have failed to mention that they by now they have secured there tinfoil hats, thus keeping the voices out.

a star for you sinny for beating me to it lol
edit on 17-5-2012 by crimsongod21 because: add text

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Well the answer to that is kinda in my post
.... Drum roll please....

Conpiracies!! Lol

I'm sure there plenty out there, can we make more effort to find them?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I wholeheartedly agree. All the good posts are quickly hidden from plain site, and takes digging to find. The site seems to be in dire need for easier access to threads that are of particular importance. I look at current member picks. They are just boring, and trivial. It would bode well to get these dumb posts out of site. Where is the 2012 area? The chemtrail area? Obviously the Chemtrails are very real, and consistently people try to debunk this stuff. It's absolutely amazing to me how people will still deny the fact that chemtrails exist. Im actually tired of going to this site seeing such nonsense. Poor quality posts, and commentary. GMO, is up and right back gone as fast as it's seen. Thats of much more importance than Kids hairstyle, and I could go on, but the point is there. I think we need to keep the really important topics up front. I could care less than most the stuff on the front pages these days.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxumusx

I know what you mean! I check this site maybe once every 15 minutes on my phone, so not to let any good threads slip by, some how in the last 2 weeks I manged to miss Zorgons martian egg thread and RA's Gareth Williams one.... 2 top threads! All I every see is the same old MSM

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I agree, it seems like a copy and paste from drudge report 99% of the time. Then you'll have the eventual post asking how to fix a computer, or replace a carborator in a 98 buick. Seems like those type of posts should be placed on other websites.. plus doesnt anyone know how to google? why ask questions like that in the first place on a conspiracy board? Anyway.. just thought id throw in my 2 cents which apparently is not backed by gold in my country. so therefor my 2 cents is worth next to nothing.. unless the public believes their is value in it and speculates positively on its future against other peoples two cents...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
this isnt new to me, this has happened to every forum community i've ever been in.
there comes a time when everything has been discussed and theres nothing else to do but make small talk out of boredom in hopes of keeping the fire burning.

then the boredom leads to irritability, and irritability leads to hate and that hate destroys the bonfire, and then its not even about fire anymore, its about the ashes, then someone comes and pees on the ashes and everyone starts to leave.

i believe this website will be a ghost town in 5 years.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWarlock

Awesome use of metaphores there! LOL

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

elenin is gone and people are trying to fill that void hahaha

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I know what you mean, there is a huge demand I guess for MSM then for conspiracies. I keep writing them anyway, figuring that eventually someone will spot it, and if not, at least I learned something, so for me its still a win-win.

Its just sad that those that are keeping up with the ATS format, are the ones that go immediately to the 3rd and 4th pages. That is one of the reasons why I keep certain members on my friends list, as I know that there are still quite a few out there that have something to say, and I certainly don't want to miss it.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think it all depends on what each person views as a conspiricy,
personally I think most things on here have 'conspirital overtones'
As an example...one that is'nt mentioned..if at all is 'inflation'
a thread/post is going to emerge soon from myself on it.
..when i am 'qualified enough'

Bazzerd

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bazzerd

Ill be looking forward to that thread

I hope you go in depth as to how the banks pull the strings and time these fianicial events to when it most convienient for them.

@ NRE loving the name by the way, my personal motto is "Regret nothing....Deny everything"
lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I agree there is far to much on US unrest. But I guess the site is dictated by those that use it and what they find interesting...

Conspiracy site.. No. More of a debunking site....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Politics, that's what happened.

Always happens during election year. You should have seen it in 2008...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh yea! I didn't even think of it from that perspective lol... Glad I weren't around in 08 then! Haha

top topics

join