It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

atlantis and ram empire are the two powerful empire of ancient world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi its suri

here is some evidence there

Many researchers into the UFO enigma tend to overlook a very important
fact. While it assumed that most flying saucers are of alien, or perhaps
Governmental Military origin, another possible origin of UFOs is ancient
India and Atlantis. What we know about ancient Indian flying vehicles comes
from ancient Indian sources; written texts that have come down to us through
the centuries. There is no doubt that most of these texts are authentic;
many are the well known ancient Indian Epics themselves, and there are
literally hundreds of them. Most of them have not even been translated into
English yet from the old sanskrit.

www.crystalinks.com...

reply for it
suri

**MOD EDIT: do not copy-paste from other websites. Please read the top of every page when you post something.**

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just a note to the Mod, to move to Ancient Civilizations...so it can be found...

Suri, just a hint, paragraph breaks... I'll definitely review it when time permits....

If this is from another site, you may want to provide a quick snippet, and then a link to it...

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by suri_20
Hi its suri

here is some evidence there

Actually, thats just poor research. The palimpset heiroglyphs have been shown to not be spaceships, at all.

the page in question
The Vaimanika Sastra (or Vymaanika-Shaastra) has eight chapters with diagrams, describing three types of aircraft, including apparatuses that could neither catch on fire nor break.

response found elsewhere
""...There is one book entitled Vaimanika-sastra that was dictated in trance
during this century and purports to be a transcription of an ancient work
preserved in the Akashic record."
"The medium in this case was Pandit Subbaraya Sastry, a 'walking lexicon gifted
with occult perception', who began to dictate the Vaimanika-sastra to Mr.
Venkatachala Sarma on August 1, 1918. The complete work was taken down in 23
exercise books up to August 23, 1923. In 1923, Subbaraya Sastry also had a
draftsman prepare some drawings of the vimanas according to his instructions."
- Richard L. Thompson, Alien Identities "

so apparently this is not any sort of source at all, but merely psychic-trance induced ramblings.

the crysallinks site
Bharadvajy the Wise refers to no less than 70 authorities and 10 experts of air travel in antiquity

and yet, from the same page above, on the 'trance induced manuscript' we that this same person claims that

the 230 stanzas written in the Vaimanika Sastra around 400 BCE by Bharadvajy the Wise and translated in 1875."

What makes this Bharadvajy so wise if he's so completely in error on a simple matter of what millenium a manuscript came into being?

Curiously, Soviet scientists have discovered what they call "age-old instruments used in navigating cosmic vehicles" in caves in Turkestan and the Gobi Desert. The "devices" are hemispherical objects of glass or porcelain, ending in a cone with a drop of mercury inside.

And no source cited on this. Nothing but unamed unknown 'soviet scientists', there isn;t even a mention as to how the page author's got it.

So one has horrible research by the crystal links people, and more failure to check up on claims by the OP.

And where is the archaeological evidence for any of this? Where are the remains of cities, the mines, the ore-processing facilities, the factories, the design workshops, the universities to get scientists to come up with the theories to work these machines, the schools to train the pilots, the farms to feed entire civilizations, the isotopic anamolies indicating nuclear explosions, anything really.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

the 230 stanzas written in the Vaimanika Sastra around 400 BCE by Bharadvajy the Wise and translated in 1875."

Crystal links is pulling dates out of nowhere (well actually it sounds like they're using the date of one of the vedic epics, but it isn't a date for the Vaimanika Sastra).

www.atlantisrising.com...

The Vaimanika Sastra is perhaps the most important ancient text on Vimanas known to exist. It was first reported to have been found in 1918 in the Baroda Royal Sanskrit Library... No earlier copies have been reported... The Vaimanika Sastra refers to 97 past works and authorities, of which at least 20 works deal with the mechanism of aerial Flying Machines, but none of these works are now traceable

Those pesky few who insist on objective consideration based on evidence might call a lack of bibliographical integrity.
It also represents yet a 3rd story being offered by vimana proponents. These people have more waffles than IHOP and John Kerry put together- they need to get their story together.

A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis
And the Andhakas.
. . . the corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
... After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
... to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment..."

This has been much debated. General consensus is that this is a fraud spread by Nexus. We had a member claim that this was legitimate and that he can back that up, but so far nobody has located this verse in a hard-copy translation of the mahabharata. (I think it's the second longest book ever written if I remember correctly, so i can understand why nobody has checked it out too carefully.

You will notice that there are a wide variety of phrasings and wordings on this. Some contain considerably more detail than others. This is not a sign of credibility.

Byrd will tell you that I used to be a strong proponent of this stuff, but frankly i've come to find it rather hard to believe. The "evidence" doesn't hold up to good research. Invariably this stuff leads back to Sitchin followers, and Sitchin is completely, undebiably, reprehensibly full of a certain kind of nitrate-bearing biological waste.
If anybody can show me descriptions of nuclear warfare in a copy of the *Mahabharata * with a verifiable date, I will be considerably more open minded once again.

Last but not least I noticed a picture of the millenium faclon next to a heiroglyphic that supposedly looked like it (but didn't)- the millenium falcon isn't real! For the love of dog do I really have to tell you that?
The shape was inspired by a hamburger. (I am -the- starwars fanatic... trust me). A picture that looks like the millenium falcon doesn't prove technology existed a long time ago. It proves hamburgers existed a long time ago. (or that George Lucas is a time traveler from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.).

EDIT: Substituted the world Mahabharata for Vimana between the asterisks. I dont know what i was thinking when i wrote vimana there.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It is rather dissapointing, isn't it? I would love it if there were two ancient and advanced empires that straddled the globe deep in prehistory and fought wars and wrote books and built cities and created art, I mean, imagine it! It'd be incredible, wonderful to have so much new stuff to learn about and to change the usual understanding of things! It'd be exciting. Alas, its allways a terrible let down. The stuff pushed as evidence, thin to begin with, certainly thinner than such spectacular things should have left, end up being frauds (some intentional, some erroneous). One day, perhaps.

But the ironic thing is, if something like what is claimed is found, its not going to be by the crystal links website, or by the type of muddilly-thinking people who accept it uncritically as truth.

top topics

join