It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth gets through occasionally on MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think it's a sad reflection of our MSM when the truth can only really get though via comedy. Have you ever noticed they can get away with so much and reveal so much under the guise of comedy?

Here's a UK stand up, Jasper Carrot, this was aired not too long ago and despite the humour, he is telling the truth about QE-

Amusing take on Big Pharma-

George Carlin on NWO-

Family Guy on 9/11 and Iraq

It's amazing just how much truth can come through via comedy, are we viewed as a whole as that stupid?

edit on 17-5-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The simpsons is a great source of truth behind comedy as well.

I've always supported your point of view. They make fun of the # going on so that it's not taken seriously by viewers.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
When telling the truth in a comedic style, you're funny.

When telling the truth in a straight-faced style, you're crazy.

When telling the truth in a group setting, you're investigated by homeland security.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. – Will Rogers

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
They are not telling you the "truth" so you can do something about it. They are telling you a partial truth so they can manipulate you in some way.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CityFarmer
The simpsons is a great source of truth behind comedy as well.

I've always supported your point of view. They make fun of the # going on so that it's not taken seriously by viewers.

Interesting, I can see that being the case with say Family Guy- they put a conspiracy theory out there (9/11 and Iraq) and then the average person will just think it's something funny they put on Family Guy and therefore dismiss it.

With the first video though, Jasper Carrot pretty much nails how bad printing money is, and I think he's trying to reach people there, I'd imagine he is a good guy.

new topics

top topics

join