It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I agree....its beyond absurd to think that Obama never proofed that, and nor did he ever
ask for it to be corrected in 16 years!

Wow, the media is having a hey day with this!

Barack Obama: The Original 'Birther'

So the earliest "birther" of all was actually—President Obama! Or at least his literary rep, who
promoted the notion of a Kenyan birth up until 2007 www.newser.com...

edit on 19-5-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

This statements makes very little sense, you know, since the actual original birther was the person who first accused Obama of not being US born. Thats like saying Hitler was the first Aryan.

Furthermore, are we all to be held accountable to misinformation about ourselves? If you googled yourself and found out wikipedia has you being born in Sweden even though you were born in Ohio, you wouldn't assume your parents lied to you would you? You would believe its a mistake.

But hey, who am I to shove rationality and logic down your throat like that. This is obviously the solid proof we need to impeach a Kenyan born president...

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Just curious if I'm the only one getting spanked by Don't tread on me for one liner's in this thread?

I really don't care about the 20 points getting subtracted...I don't mine other's one liner's when it relates to the thread...oh well...please except my apologize if I offended anyone.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon009

The only problem with your narrative is that Obama wasn't poor. He lived with, and was supported by his upper middle class grandparents. I can't afford an Occidental/Columbia/Harvard education, however I am not poor. I do not have the right to create a persona that would allow me to cheat and get that education by dishonest means.

Why are you acting as an apologist for this kind of behavior?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon009
This statements makes very little sense, you know, since the actual original birther was the person who first accused Obama of not being US born. Thats like saying Hitler was the first Aryan.
t...

your statement makes no sense, go find us an earlier Kenyan birth stater prior to 1991 and they can assume the mantle

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by Anon009

The only problem with your narrative is that Obama wasn't poor. He lived with, and was supported by his upper middle class grandparents.

This is a good point in respect of another aspect of Obama's pesonality/"career"

He made big efforts to promote himself as a studier of all things racial, and if you read his book you can see his issues with the white side of his heritage........yeah, the white side that raised him and gave him a lifestyle most whites don't get..................this speaks volumes about the man and how he is not someone who should lead the USA
edit on 19-5-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon009

Epic face palm...

Where did this idea originate? That is the entire point. It originated in Obama's OWN biography.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon009

The only problem with your narrative is that Obama wasn't poor. He lived with, and was supported by his upper middle class grandparents. I can't afford an Occidental/Columbia/Harvard education, however I am not poor. I do not have the right to create a persona that would allow me to cheat and get that education by dishonest means.

Why are you acting as an apologist for this kind of behavior?

Concerning Harvard admissions, which of these is more likely
1) You cant go to Harvard because your too poor
2) You can't get into Harvard because your not smart enough

Now what if you WERE smart enough but didn't have the money? You can't get a scholarship because even though you get food stamps, your not below the poverty line.

I'm not apologizing for anything. I'm pointing out that almost every single fault you find with this one man is transmuted into the source of evil that is B. HUSSIEN Obama.

Or perhaps we should all play by your rules, where if you cannot afford a university you have no right to attend, that you have stolen someone else's hard earned spot.

Perhaps we should all bury our heads in the sand as well?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

t...

your statement makes no sense, go find us an earlier Kenyan birth stater prior to 1991 and they can assume the mantle

So in 1991 Obama accused himself of being Kenyan?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

t...

like the person who made the comment said, either Obama or one of his supporters (this literary agent with the astounding memory from 20 years ago.....................who also happens to be a contributor to Obama's funds............) was the original OB!

Brilliant!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon009

Epic face palm...

Where did this idea originate? That is the entire point. It originated in Obama's OWN biography.

The idea of Obama not being born in the US originated from right wing extremists, and perpetuated by the Republican party's unwillingness to correct them. This is a typical neo-conservative strategy designed to demonify one's political opponent. They did the same thing to Clinton, Kerry, Gore, pretty much anyone who isn't them.

So no, Obama did not accuse himself of being born in Kenya, and frankly I find comments that suggest he is the original starter of the 'birther' conspiracy to be lame at best. He is the topic, not the participant.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon009

Attempting any level of discourse at this point in this thread reminds me of a saying:

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon009

So no, Obama did not accuse himself of being born in Kenya,

Clearly he did.

At the time it gave him an advantage, and true or not, he used it.

So he was either a liar then or a liar now.

edit on 19-5-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon009

Epic face palm...

The idea of Obama not being born in the US originated from right wing extremists,

Muhammad wept

"80 year olds
"half retards"
"right wing extremists"

are you good for abusive terms, any need for this nonsense

and then this.......

This is a typical neo-conservative strategy designed to demonify one's political opponent.

irony on a silver plate......

so no, Obama did not accuse himself of being born in Kenya, and frankly I find comments that suggest he is the original starter of the 'birther' conspiracy to be lame at best. He is the topic, not the participant.

Either OBAMA did or one of his supporters did- 1991, the first "BIRTHER" document

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

t...

like the person who made the comment said, either Obama or one of his supporters (this literary agent with the astounding memory from 20 years ago.....................who also happens to be a contributor to Obama's funds............) was the original OB!

Brilliant!

Why does she need to have an eidetic memory to know there was a typo in a document that was printed and out of circulation for over 20 years? Furthermore, if she is not to be trusted because she is a financial contributor to the Obama campaign, then why are you trusting the initial pamphlet that came from her office?

You cannot have it both ways. If you try, you only end up going wherever your bias wanted to when you first set out.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Thanks for chopping my text up into fragmented blocks that put my statements out of context.

And yes, I think you too are quite lame of mind to not realize that the first conspiracy theorist cannot be the subject of the conspiracy. Thats like saying Nixon was the first person to accuse Nixon of the Watergate scandal. See how little sense that last statement makes?

edit on 19-5-2012 by Anon009 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Anon009

Attempting any level of discourse at this point in this thread reminds me of a saying:

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and then beat you with experience.

You still have not stated your conclusion, however you DO keep posting random maxims that attempt to hid eyour lack of evidence or even a proper conclusion. All you do is imply.

Your posts are inferior.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Spelling Hawaii as Hawai is a typo.

Spelling Hawaii as Kenya is quite another thing, but it is not a typo.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Why does she need to have an eidetic memory to know there was a typo in a document that was printed and out of circulation for over 20 years?

...as it would take an eidetic memort to know there definitely was a factual checking error from a document printed twenty years ago in a bio of dozens of people, think about it ffs

Furthermore, if she is not to be trusted because she is a financial contributor to the Obama campaign, then why are you trusting the initial pamphlet that came from her office?

this makes no sense, I do not have to "trust" in the original document, it exists- however it defies belief to place trust in her definite assertion 20 years later, and, when it turns out she is a contributor to Obama well it is quite easy to see how she has such a cracking memory.........

You cannot have it both ways. If you try, you only end up going wherever your bias wanted to when you first set out.

as my previous paragraph shows there is no inconsistency, plus, you appear not to be understanding what I am saying

I am saying

* this document exists
* I have no idea if Obama saw this at the time, whether it is true or whether it was a factual checking error
* I am calling BS on her assertion 20 years later- this could just be as much for being embarrassed, or because she is an Obama supporter, or because she is covering up or because it was a factual checking error.

Quite simply her comments are ridiculous

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon009

Yes I have, even very recently I have. I am sorry if you are unable to decipher what I believe. See the thing is, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Spelling Hawaii as Hawai is a typo.

Spelling Hawaii as Kenya is quite another thing, but it is not a typo.

So your saying its not a typo or just un-researched information because...it feels like it isn't? It must be a lie because its a rather blatant typo?

Do you REALLY believe your right, or are you at this point trying to save face?

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join