It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

A Publicist pamphlet is used for a lot higher level actions, then your year book is.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Praetorius this is a conspiracy website, with many birthers who frequent it. The majority of members here also frequent other right slanted websites. What do you expect in what is being posted here? You have to ask yourself for all the drama created on this forum, why does the world continue turning? Because again, this is a conspiracy website.

What do I expect? Well, I've about given up on *expectations*, but I always read that ATS used to be primarily a debunking site for getting to the root of things - what I'd like is for someone to find something irrefutable, either way, and add this one to the bin. Good luck with that, I know. There's always just enough wiggle room one way or the other to keep it going ceaselessly.

And I do certain enjoy some of the other conspiracy topics. They actually give me some hope or entertain me, whereas this one has gone all dead-endish for me either way. Back at the beginning of his term, I quite enjoyed this debate.

Oh well, eh?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

A Publicist pamphlet is used for a lot higher level actions, then your year book is.

'higher level actions'?

It's meant to sell books to investors.

It's written by an agent.

Think about it...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

macman speaks truth.

I know my HS yearbook was put together by a student yearbook committee, as are most. A publishing company has paid employees, and proof readers.....big difference.....

Des

edit on 17-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm curious what you think that proves? That Obama got rid of his literary agent after he was elected to the Senate?

Like another post said, either way he lied.

How so? Lied about what?

He didnt write this pamphlet. I doubt he ever saw it, to be honest.

Again, go after Obama for REAL things, like NDAA, Patriot Acts, Libya, etc.

Like Breitbart said: this stuff is distraction.

link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

The birthers always scream bloody hell when you ask them the simple question "where in hell are the flight records of Obama's parents from Kenya to Hawaii 1 week after he was born?"

(Psssst. Don't tell anyone to try to check if the Dunhams received a call from Kenya about that time. Could be bad.)

link   
Oh scratch that new one is up,
www.breitbart.com...

According to archive.org, a website that caches websites on a regular basis, the Dystel.com website – the official website for Dystel & Goderich, Obama’s literary agents – was using the Barack Obama “born in Kenya” language until April 2007, just two months after then-Senator Obama declared his campaign for the presidency.

Archive.org shows that the Dystel website used the following biography for Obama as of April 3, 2007:

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

Obama launched his presidential campaign in February 2007.

By April 21, 2007, the Obama bio had been changed to state that Obama was born in Hawaii:

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Hawaii to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

archives,

web.archive.org...://www.dystel.com/clientlist.html

By April 21, 2007, the Obama bio had been changed to state that Obama was born in Hawaii:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe we should forget that bio from 1980. It was published a long time ago about a relatively obscure, young author. Perhaps something newer. Something that would be fact-checked. Like something about a sitting senator perhaps in 2007.

http:// web.archive.org/web/20070403190001/http:// www.dystel.com/clientlist.html#o
[remove spaces due to URL formatting issues]

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

'higher level actions'?

It's meant to sell books to investors.

It's written by an agent.

Think about it...

I have thought it through.
Maybe you should take your own advice.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Funny. My son started college last year. They needed his birth certificate. I took in the newspaper with his birth announcement. They said it wasn't good enough because he could have been born outside the country and that the announcement could have simply been phoned in by a relative. I laughed and gave them his birth certificate.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

And what does this prove....oh right...nothing.

Even Brietbarts hacks admit it means nothing in the article.

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

Yep...they said it...errant.

I doubt Obama ever saw it before it was printed...the publisher admits that none of the people wrote their own biography and only "probably" that they saw them before they were printed.

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.

But I love how birthers take this as proof...but confirmation from the Hawaiian government, a short form and long form birth certificate, and two newspaper announcements...they are all fake.

You birthers...you're gonna get ulcers.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Funny. My son started college last year. They needed his birth certificate. I took in the newspaper with his birth announcement. They said it wasn't good enough because he could have been born outside the country and that the announcement could have simply been phoned in by a relative. I laughed and gave them his birth certificate.

But they accepted an emailed JPG of the birth certificate, right?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So...covering bases and changing facts became an urgent matter as of 2007.....

Des

link   
reply to post by macman

Like I said before, I'll continue to hold Obama over the coals for REAL issues, that can be proven, not this nonsense. NDAA, Libya, Afghanistan, drone strikes in countries we havent declared war, assassinations of citizens, etc etc etc.

Which is the same point Andrew Breitbart made about 'Bithers' over and over and over again. That you all are splitting the opposition. The "Birth Certificate" issue was started by Hillary! It's perpetuated by the DNC to make anyone opposed to Obama to look stupid! No ACTUAL Conservatives believe in it.

link   
reply to post by anon72

There is one problem with this whole pamplet you posted, I could have created it in about 10 mins and I'm pretty terrible with photoshop.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by Jaellma

The birthers always scream bloody hell when you ask them the simple question "where in hell are the flight records of Obama's parents from Kenya to Hawaii 1 week after he was born?"

(Psssst. Don't tell anyone to try to check if the Dunhams received a call from Kenya about that time. Could be bad.)

The phone records are in a box, along with his selective service registration and college transcripts.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
So, just to see if I get this straight...

There is a newspaper clipping (written at the time of his birth) putting Barack Obama in Hawaii at the time of his birth, and a pamphlet putting him in Kenya (written long after his birth).

Let me help you straighten this out.

Obama could have obtained a Hawaiian Birth Certificate (Not a Certificate of Live Birth) by affidavit from his grandparents submitted to the registrar in Hawaii without him even being in the state. It was not uncommon for people to do that in that era. Records did not have to come from the hospital. They could be submitted to the clerk of the court by simple sworn affirmation by mail from the grandparents.

Now I know you already know this but the Forgers (Obama Supporters) continue to site the newspaper as proof when it is not. This appears to be the last line of defense for the Forgers and it is fading by the minute.

Perhaps someone should tell Vladimir that Obama's flexibility is starting to get rigor mortis.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
reply to post by anon72

There is one problem with this whole pamplet you posted, I could have created it in about 10 mins and I'm pretty terrible with photoshop.

Could you have put it in the hands of all the people listed in it, as was done at the time it was published....didn't think so.

Des

link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Not a chance. I had to have the certified copy with the raised seal. I almost asked if I could supply a PDF with layers, but I didn't.

link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by Furbs
So, just to see if I get this straight...

There is a newspaper clipping (written at the time of his birth) putting Barack Obama in Hawaii at the time of his birth, and a pamphlet putting him in Kenya (written long after his birth).

Let me help you straighten this out.

Obama could have obtained a Hawaiian Birth Certificate (Not a Certificate of Live Birth) by affidavit from his grandparents submitted to the registrar in Hawaii without him even being in the state. It was not uncommon for people to do that in that era. Records did not have to come from the hospital. They could be submitted to the clerk of the court by simple sworn affirmation by mail from the grandparents.

Now I know you already know this but the Forgers (Obama Supporters) continue to site the newspaper as proof when it is not. This appears to be the last line of defense for the Forgers and it is fading by the minute.

Perhaps someone should tell Vladimir that Obama's flexibility is starting to get rigor mortis.

Breitbart would have laughed in your face:

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join