It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

If Obama lied about his citizenship he is disqualified to be POTUS. If you hired a person to work for you and they lied on their application and this lie meant they failed to meet the job qualifications you would probably fire them, wouldn't you?

If this gets brushed under the rug it will happen again.

If what gets brushed under the rug???

Here is the problem...in your head...you have already come to a conclusion regardless of evidence. This doesn't come from a rational interpretation of the "evidence" to come to a logical conclusion. It comes from an emotional driven pre-determined conclusion because you don't like the man. Your angry ranting and ugly comments prove this...you hate Obama...this is just an outlet for your hate.

This is the case with every single Birther...they are all ruled by emotional hate and not rational logic. This is why they, like you just did, start bringing things up like Marxism, or him being Muslim, or a ton of other things that have no connection to his birth place.

You show your hand by trying to link unrelated and unproven propaganda into your birther argument. Him being born in Hawaii or Kenya has no relation to if he is or isn't a Marxists...but you weave that in there because this is all about your hate...not about asking honest questions.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

- which probably means he would have to ask every Presidential candidate's home state for the same information..
edit on 19-5-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

that's no small detail

if obama must do it, fine, but all the white gys have to do it too !!!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

To say that this literary agent has no motivation to lie is to admit that you can't look past your own self and realize the magnitude of this impact.

I don't think anyone said that...but there is motive both ways. And in most cases when it comes to lying...you can make a case why they have a motive for lying and telling the truth. This is what people do in their heads whenever a situation arises where they "could" lie.

Pointing out a motive to lie is almost trivial as it occurs in almost every case. If you are suggesting that is all we need to do to claim that someone may be lying...well then everyone is guilty of possibly lying.

To me, what you are doing is just stirring the pot...you are giving those that WANT her to be lying some hope that she is lying.

Like I said earlier, the big question here is if she had been contacted by the White House Staff after this story broke and before she started contacting MSM outlets? And has she ever had a conversation with Robert Bauer who is Obama's personal lawyer?

It seems like you are assuming that if she did...then this is further proof that she is lying. But why wouldn't she be in contact with them before releasing a statement about the POTUS? If I were in her shoes, I would want to consult with my client and his lawyer first before releasing any statement...it is the professional thing to do. It doesn't mean she is lying.

Again...what you are doing is what many others are doing...you are building a case, I don't think for you personally, but to enable others to have a pre-determined conclusion that she is in fact lying. Because you aren't dealing with any facts...it is all pure assumptions and speculation.

IMO, you are enabling illogical behavior by giving them something to hang their hope on...I wouldn't be surprised if we see your argument over and over now on ATS for a main reason why people thinks she is lying. And to me, it is very dishonest to claim that this is evidence that she may be lying.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Do you have to be born in Kenya to be a Kenyan????

No.

People all the time say they are "X" because that is where their parents are from. Many people say "I'm Italian" or "I'm Irish" or "I'm Mexican"...and they were born in the United States...but that is where their parents or their ancestors are from.

Seriously...I think you are trying to be ignorant or you are just a very very sheltered person with little life experience to not know basic things like this.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
This story comes down one of two ways....

1. Obama was born in Kenya.
If this is true, he and us are in Big trouble.

2. Obama lied about being born in Kenya.
There are multiple stories about Obama born in Kenya which he allowed people to believe about him pre 2003. If this was the only bio that stated that, then its plausible that it was some weird mistake, but thats not the case. This is what I call ' the Elizabeth Warren Syndrome'. He lied to get ahead, cheat foreign born students from grants or whatever and use this lie to get ahead politically.

Either way OBAMA IS A LIAR!!

It seems like the chickens are coming home to roost.

More False Dillema...it's a Birther favorite.

Here is a hint...those aren't the only two options.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

If what gets brushed under the rug???

Your play of ignorance is getting old and tiresome.

Here is the problem...in your head...you have already come to a conclusion regardless of evidence. This doesn't come from a rational interpretation of the "evidence" to come to a logical conclusion. It comes from an emotional driven pre-determined conclusion because you don't like the man. Your angry ranting and ugly comments prove this...you hate Obama...this is just an outlet for your hate.

Here is the problem...in your head...you have already come to a conclusion regardless of the overwhelming evidence. This doesn't come from a rational interpretation of the evidence presented to come to a logical conclusion. It comes from a blind ignorance conclusion because you love the man. Your pointless ranting and worthless comments prove this...you love Obama...this is just an outlet for you to rant because you're incapable of defending the man.

This is the case with every single Birther...they are all ruled by emotional hate and not rational logic. This is why they, like you just did, start bringing things up like Marxism, or him being Muslim, or a ton of other things that have no connection to his birth place.

This is the case with every Obama fanatic...they are ruled by brainwashing and ignorance and not rational logic. This is why they, like you have, keep making the same statements over and over again that prove nothing and defend nothing. It's just a bunch of ranting. Can you at least post some sources and links to explain how any of this can't possibly be true? No. Or at least you haven't tried.

You show your hand by trying to link unrelated and unproven propaganda into your birther argument. Him being born in Hawaii or Kenya has no relation to if he is or isn't a Marxists...but you weave that in there because this is all about your hate...not about asking honest questions.

You show your hand by not trying to link any related information to back up your argument for why Obama couldn't possibly be a Marxist or even your own explanation for that matter. This is all about your love for Obama...not about answering questions honestly or with any argument of merit. All you can do is disapprove with no defense argument. You obviously can't state why he is worthy of admiration or how he's proven himself to be an honest president. You have nothing.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Here is the problem...in your head...you have already come to a conclusion regardless of the overwhelming evidence. This doesn't come from a rational interpretation of the evidence presented to come to a logical conclusion. It comes from a blind ignorance conclusion because you love the man. Your pointless ranting and worthless comments prove this...you love Obama...this is just an outlet for you to rant because you're incapable of defending the man.

Mine is the default position...it is up to Birthers to provide convincing evidence to prove their claim...they have not done that...that is why they get all excited when something else turns up thinking "THIS IS IT...THIS IS FINALLY IT"....and then it gets debunked.

He has released valid birth certificates...yes yes...I know...layers
Even though it is shown that layers are created in an optimized PDF...birthers still scream LAYERS.

Can you at least post some sources and links to explain how any of this can't possibly be true? No. Or at least you haven't tried.

Can I prove a negative? No...I can't....because I'm a logical person and I know that isn't possible.

This is the classic Birther comeback...."Prove he WASN'T born in Kenya"...and they say it like it is a huge GOTCHA.

Birthers are lacking in logic...that is why they keep coming up with these logical fallacies and think they are support for their case.

You show your hand by not trying to link any related information to back up your argument for why Obama couldn't possibly be a Marxist or even your own explanation for that matter.

Is this thread about him being a Marxist???

No...but it is a favorite topic among irrational Obama haters.

You have nothing.

I'm not the one trying to copy someone elses arguments and failing to turn them around so that they make sense.

Here is what I have...every court case that has been heard on this issue supports my belief. Even the Republicans agree with me...hell...even Fox News agrees with me...and to top it off Brietbart agreed with me...he thought Birhters were a bit off himself.

Now when Brietbart thinks birhters are crazy....that's saying something.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
OK, in Klein's book, The Amateur, apparently David Axelrod calls Obama the, black Jesus,

That settles it, he was obviously born in a manger, in Kenya.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I voted for Obama, and I have doubts about his citizenship. I'm disappointed that he turned out to be another right-winger, but that has nothing to do with my doubts.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Results 1–3 of 3 contributions totaling $2,000 for election cycles 2008, 2010, 2012. Contributions data provided by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Date Amount Recipient State Contributor Interest Group Occupation/Employer City State Zip
9/3/2008 $1,000 Barack Obama [about] IL Senate Dystel, Jane Employer listed but category unknown Literary Agent / Dystel & Goderich Literary Manageme NEW YORK NY 10128
10/24/2008 $500 Barack Obama [about] IL Senate Dystel, Jane Employer listed but category unknown Dystel & Goderich Literary Manageme New York NY 10128
11/3/2008 $500 Barack Obama [about] IL Senate Dystel, Jane Employer listed but category unknown Dystel & Goderich Literary Manageme New York NY 10128
Download CSV

*MEDIA: Due to the nature of campaign finance data there may be multiple spellings of an organization or individual. To assure the accuracy of your findings please contact the MapLight research department via email or call 510-868-0894 to verify totals before publishing a citation.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It seems with this President he does and says a lot that contradicts just because it is convenient at the moment. Prior to 2008 it was in his favor to be born in Kenya after 2008 it was America...prior to 2008 he was a extreme liberal guys, and now his very own is going against him since once again his does things for convenience and not what he promises, oh... he does promise a lot too that he knows is pure talk.

Look at Jeremiah Wright and others....he is losing his base daily now and is in trouble...You can't say whatever is convenient at the moment and not deliver. This 17 year born in Kenya thing is just his continued standard operating practice... Makes one wonder what else he made up to look good...What he actually DID in college comes to mind too now...how much is real and how much is just paper...

edit on 19-5-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lies, lies, and more lies, by the won.

Why Kenyan Birth Claim Was No 'Fact Checking Error'

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

Former publisher Tom Lipscomb does not buy Goderich's explanation for a New York minute. "As someone who has run a number of top bestseller publishers, I think this is an amazing MIRACLE," writes Lipscomb emphatically on Power Line. "It is the ONLY case I have ever heard of in which an editorial assistant INVENTED a biographical detail. I have heard of typos, wrong dates, misspellings of names. But to pick a really weird country of origin like Kenya for an author?"

From Obama's book, Dreams from My Father.

I had my own office, my own secretary, money in the bank. Sometimes, coming out of an interview with Japanese financiers or German bond traders, I would catch my reflection in the elevator doors-see myself in a suit and tie, a briefcase in my hand-and for a split second I would imagine myself as a captain of industry, barking out orders, closing the deal, before I remembered who it was that I had told myself I wanted to be and felt pangs of guilt for my lack of resolve.

As early as July 2005, however, former co-worker and Obama fan Dan Armstrong revealed Obama's whole account to be a "serious exaggeration." Obama worked at not a multinational corporation, but a "small company that published newsletters." He was not the only black person who worked there. He did not, as claimed, have his own office, wear a jacket and tie, interview international businessmen, or write articles. He mostly just copy-edited business items and slipped them into a three-ring binder for the company's customers.

Are we supposed to believe that Goderich not only changed Obama's birthplace from Hawaii to Kenya, but also transformed him from a grunt filling three-ring binders into a "financial journalist and editor"?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Hi Stormdancer777,
Thanks for replying.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Adonsa

Harrison J. Bounel?

There's a wealth of information detailing hussein obama's use of Mr. Bounel's social security number to secure a loan for which he never repaid. It's likely that Cass Sunstein's staff will reprimand me (here online) for posting this, however doing so would be like dropping an H Bomb on an individual, given that I'm no more than just an ordinary citizen.

reply to post by Adonsa

I agree, they are here.

Yeah, it would be useful if they (employees of Cass Sunstein) would provide a caption to their messages stating (words to the effect) that in posting messages they are performing work within their scope of employment. Historically, on this and other websites, it seems that simply the keywords obama and "birth certificate" usually trigger a firestorm of ridicule and reprimands to squelch those who dare to question "The One!" Is this part of the effort of the expenditures of millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to silence those who simply question the forged birth certificates, college records, and foreign student visa?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

There's a wealth of information detailing hussein obama's use of Mr. Bounel's social security number to secure a loan for which he never repaid.

Thank you, I missed that one too.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I posted the campaign contributions because I believe it is important to note that Miriam Goderich is a financial supporter of Barack Obama. It does make me question how committed she is to him. What is she willing to do to see him reelected? It is always good to follow the money.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Indeed. Did they have a typo when they spelled Hawaii?
Or were they trying to spell Connecticut, the state of origin for his Social Security number.

Maybe they confused him with another senator from Illinois that was writing a book with the same title.... That was born in Kenya?

Yeah, just a simple error that was missed in multiple edits over some years.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Adonsa

There's a wealth of information detailing hussein obama's use of Mr. Bounel's social security number to secure a loan for which he never repaid.

Thank you, I missed that one too.

Stormdancer777,
The reason you missed it is because of an internet-wide effort to remove the late Harrison J. Bounel information from databases. There used to be a hell of a lot more links out there about hussein's use of Mr. Bounel's social security number.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
* Just wanted to update that I emailed the author of the bio Miriam Goderich requesting clarification on how the 'fact-checking error' was made in the first place and how it was allowed to persist for 16 years through 4 versions yesterday afternoon but have not received a reply. Brietbart.com also says that she hasn't returned their requests for comment. *

If it was simple a simple fact checking error you'd think that she would be more forthcoming about details of how the mistake was made and allowed to persist for so long, especially considering the possible scenarios.

And it's also odd that every author I read commenting on this whole thing says that they look over and proof read every bio about them before it's published.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by six67seven

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by six67seven
You don't just publish information on assumptions, I don't care if it's today or 1991.

People publish information on ATS based on assumptions..

EVERY
SINGLE
DAY.

Nice, way to pick out the most unimportant part of my post and comment on it.

Well done! A star for you!

ATSers regurgitate information - already available - like the idea that Miriam regurgitated - from Obama!

In a post full of unimportant information, I will take it as a compliment that the author of said post felt I was able to successfully navigate and disseminate the least important of all of it.

Not only do ATSers regurgitate information, they draw conclusions based on that speculation, much like you are doing right now with the idea that Miriam got any information about Obama from him. There is nothing to suggest he gave her the information, yet here you are, publishing that information on your own.

Which is why I stated Miriam needs to further explain herself, if in fact it is her error. Because you can't just dismiss the whole history of Obama's birthplace because Miriam said it was a mistake. There is too much information stating the same that was printed in the booklet. Michelle needs to explain herself too for stating that Kenya is his homeland - dont you think? Or is she untouchable too?

We are forced to draw our own conclusions because people still have unanswered questions... because the media is a propaganda machine, they haven't done their duty for some time now.

And still people need an explanation from Miriam on where and why she thought Obama was born from Kenya. That's the issue.

And you are an ATSer too, so you are just as guilty as drawing your own conclusion, so dont act like your posts are more important than anyone elses.

But I guess everyone on ATS supporting Obama knows more than Bettina... or you just strongly believe that you do.

BTW, I sadly admit that I voted for Obama and it was the first time I ever voted. So yes I was naive at the time and like most Americans, fell for his (what turned out to be) propaganda and blatant lies.... and I wasn't even a democrat.

edit on 19-5-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by six67seven because: voters remorse

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Results 1–3 of 3 contributions totaling $2,000 for election cycles 2008, 2010, 2012. Contributions data provided by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Date Amount Recipient State Contributor Interest Group Occupation/Employer City State Zip
9/3/2008 $1,000 Barack Obama [about] IL Senate Dystel, Jane Employer listed but category unknown Literary Agent / Dystel & Goderich Literary Manageme NEW YORK NY 10128
10/24/2008 $500 Barack Obama [about] IL Senate Dystel, Jane Employer listed but category unknown Dystel & Goderich Literary Manageme New York NY 10128
11/3/2008 $500 Barack Obama [about] IL Senate Dystel, Jane Employer listed but category unknown Dystel & Goderich Literary Manageme New York NY 10128
Download CSV

*MEDIA: Due to the nature of campaign finance data there may be multiple spellings of an organization or individual. To assure the accuracy of your findings please contact the MapLight research department via email or call 510-868-0894 to verify totals before publishing a citation.

Excellent find !!

More potentially damning evidence of a deep cover up !!

Choke ..... Gulp

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join