It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Praetorius
One idea seems to be that she took some time off school to fly to Kenya

Well this would be a stretch. Considering that there were no flights set to Kenya from Hawaii during those years. There were connecting flights, maybe one or two for the year, which would probably stop at multiple destinations before reaching Kenya, but those flights would verywell take over a day before the arrival to Kenya. Not to mention that Dunham was a pregnant teen, whether she'd be allowed on such a long flight, whether she'd even be able to afford it, is questionable.

You will need to logically explain away how likely this would be.

Granted. Honestly if you want a supposed explanation for it, there are plenty online to choose from (including another I just found suggesting she may have taken an oceanliner initially, instead). There's always a way to get somewhere, regardless.

As I said, it doesn't really matter a whole lot to me either way, although I'm definitely suspect on the matter - it seems of little effect to me at this point one way or the other. But it is definitely possible, even if it may also be unlikely - many things fall into both categories.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

I have a solution for birthers:

Build a big bridge and get over it.

Obama will be re-elected and there is nothing you can do about it.

Stories of Obama going to Mars, being born in Kenya, bathing in a hydrant with a homeless man (btw, has anyone seen any homeless people showering in the street?) or dunking over McCain keep circulating like bad viruses.

Instead of wasting endless pages on stories that are going absolutely nowhere, let's talk about stuff that are tangible.

I am sure Barack and Michelle are sitting back in the Oval room laughing their heads off at folks trying to chase their tails with this one.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by Southern Guardian

SG, short of Obama coming to your house, cracking a beer and admitting fully that he lied,

Haven't had that happen yet. You'll be the first to know when it does.

I have no idea why you even bother to show up on these threads and attempt to refute something you can't refute.

Why do you bother posting on here? Do I question your reasonings for posting on Above top secret? Maybe you have an interest in these subjects and debates as I do? Maybe it's just this.

As for refuting, I can't change the minds of birthers like yourselves. You made your minds up well before Obama even got elected. I will however call out what I believe to be baseless claims or accusations out there. If you are so insistent that the birth announcements are irrelevant and easily manipulated in some way or another, you need to demonstrate this by, for example, showing us a birth announcement from those newspapers with a foreign born child. I also find it hypocritical for you to so easily dismiss the birth announcements, but jump on this literary booklet and others as solid truth merely because ot confirms your bias.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
For the paper to report it, it must mean that Obama was flown from Kenya to Hawaii when he was less than a week old...

Unless you're saying
A.) The Obama listed in the newspaper is some other Obama which happened to be born at almost the exact date as our President Obama.
B.) He was born in Kenya and someone called the newspaper to report that a baby was born in Hawaii to parents who didn't actually reside there.

edit on 17-5-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry you're dim and in need of help. Allow me... You have just committed what is known as a non-sequitur. It's a big word, so I'll try to explain it for you. It means that you have tried to logically correlate two points that have no bearing on one another. Here's why... The paper does NOT require that the child be present to post a birth announcement. Can you grasp that one simple fact!? See, this thing called a TELEPHONE existed all the back in the 1960's and newspapers had something called a NEWSDESK. People could use the telephone thing to call into the newsdesk thing and report news. They didn't even have to have proof when reporting things to the newsdesk.

If the story was juicy, reporters were dispatched to scoop the story. If it was an announcement, the call was sent to some lady in that department to take notes on what the caller was saying. Then they would post it in the "ANNOUNCMENTS" section of the paper. No one had to verify anything, it wasn't a news story. It was an announcement and it was provided by the newspaper as a service to the community.

Ergo, one could logically conclude that ANYONE could have called the paper, from ANYWHERE, and placed the announcement. What makes the announcement suspect is the fact that the Obama's, nor the grandparents, ever lived at the address listed.

Is this making sense here or am I talking to a tree?

Real classy guy.
But alas I'm just some dimwit dat don't understand things too well.

Shoot, I forgot to add a bunch of caps and insults to help me prove my point.

So basically your saying Obama has been a conspiracy since the day he was born. Even started with good ol mom calling Hawaii to announce her son being born while she was in Kenya.

I love ATS.
edit on 17-5-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I personally think, his Grand Mother blurting out he was born in Kenya,

Except we all know that claim is just a birther lie, so why did you post it here?

link   

Originally posted by xEphon

And let's be honest. Saying he was born in Kenya like he was some distressed African who 'made it' sounds a lot better than saying he was an average Joe born in Hawaii.

But like you said, literary agents lying? Naaaaa.

Exactly my point.

But partisans continue to be distracted by this nonsense instead of holding Obama over the coals for his continuation of Bush policies, drone strikes on country's we havent declared war on, The Patriot act and NDAA, etc.

This. IS. Distraction.

Breitbart called birthers ridiculous:

edit on 17-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

link   

No....Biden would be President, until the elections.....heaven forbid....

That might be a good thing.

If nobody teaches Joe how to write his name, he couldn't sign anything.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So, just to see if I get this straight...

There is a newspaper clipping (written at the time of his birth) putting Barack Obama in Hawaii at the time of his birth, and a pamphlet putting him in Kenya (written long after his birth).

Both cannot be correct.

One or both are mistakes (intentional or not).

Evidence backs up the Hawaii story as being the accurate accounting. If we had the entire pamphlet, we could see how many other factual errors were made about the other people, just for reference.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

I personally think, his Grand Mother blurting out he was born in Kenya,

Except we all know that claim is just a birther lie, so why did you post it here?

I don't believe it was a lie....so I can post it here....isn't America great....

If Obama is elected again, it won't be as great much longer.

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by relocator

I have a solution for birthers:

Build a big bridge and get over it.

Obama will be re-elected and there is nothing you can do about it.

You gonna be around November 7th of this year? I'm just curious cuz I'm going to be laughing my can off when Obama gets his clock cleaned by a double-digit landslide. This guy is sinking fsater than the Titanic did! See you then.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm thinking its more likely to be cointelpro - like Bushes vietnam non-service gotcha.
Designed to be eventually disproved - and to beat down the birthers.
Obama (whoever he is) was one that was identified early on to be in a high position of power.
Why muddy the waters about eligibility?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So it's just a freaky coincidence that back in 1980/81 a publicist made a random mistake in an obscure biography, incorrectly listing someone's place of birth? And not just city, but an entire continent off? And that three decades later, there would be a controversy over that same person's place of birth? Accusing that person of being born in the country that was mistakenly reported 30 years earlier?

Wow, that's some coincidence.

I hate coincidences.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
Granted. Honestly if you want a supposed explanation for it, there are plenty online to choose from (including another I just found suggesting she may have taken an oceanliner initially, instead). There's always a way to get somewhere, regardless.

Preatorius I've been surfing the birther scene for a good 4 years and no, there are no real explanations of this supposed plane flight out there. Not here, not at FreeRepublic, WND, you name it. All we have from birthers is this claim that Dunham hopped onto a plane 7-9 months pregnant, as a teen (and mysteriously with the money) and went to Kenya, this is it. Don't tell me that 'there are explainations' because there clearly aren't. All that matters to birthers is that it's possible, not whether it's probable.

If you have a good explanation of what flight Dunham took, how long she was on there, how long she probably spent in Kenya, by all means.

But it is definitely possible

It is. It's also possible that many of the other presidents were not born on US soil. Alot of things are possible.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Officials from the Hawaii Health Dept. confirm Obama's BC on record.

Two Hawaii newspapers, the Advertiser and the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, publish the birth announcement in 1961 (birth announcements cannot be submitted by the general public but only by the Health Department, which received the information directly from hospitals)

But no, none of that is good enough, but if a one-time literary agent for a book that was never published wrote a brief biography - along with 89 others - for a promotion and accidentally include "born in Kenya" - that becomes proof. Amazing how the birther mind works.

I wonder how much time, effort and energy Brietbart put into trolling every possible record, every snippet of printed matter, pertaining to Obama to finally come up with - this.

PS: right about the same time this was printed (1991) the New York Times ran a biography of a young "first Black President of Harvard's Law Review":

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review

By FOX BUTTERFIELD, Special to The New York Times
Published: February 06, 1990

The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

If all it takes is a printed piece of paper alluding to where he was born from Obama's past, why aren't the birther's latching onto this NY Times piece as proof he was born here? Ah, that's right, it doesn't fit in with their preconceived notions.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Better watch out for us crazy conspiracy theorists.....They don't know anything....Right??

Good find OP.....

By the way you are a racist pig.....lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
if, and i do mean if, this is true it will not be reported seriously by th MSM. and as far as a "grass roots movement" of people spreading the word that won't happen. there are too many people who don't care where he was born or if he's lying or not. just as long as there's a check coming.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The birthers always scream bloody hell when you ask them the simple question "where in hell are the flight records of Obama's parents from Kenya to Hawaii 1 week after he was born?" You first get the wide-eyed crazy look which is then followed up with maniacal screams and then they start sobbing like institutionalized degenerates from a bad movie.

They avoid this like the plague but yet run with wild stories such as this one. I don't know what else to do with these folks. They are beyond help.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii." The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

It also promotes Obama's anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White--which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead.

Regardless of the reason for Obama's odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama--who, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media.

Source: www.breitbart.com...

Well..... I know.... I'm the racist ATSer... Please. Just one of many that can see Things Just Don't Add UP!!!

Can we pleaes agree on one thing. This man, Obama, has not been properly vetted.

And, I would like to add that with the help of the MSM, a fraud is being committed on the America people and the US Gov't.

All invovled should be held accountable. Let the investigations begin soon.
edit on 5/17/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

And... what does this prove? My Senior Yearbook has inaccurate information about me... I wasn't born in FL, I never played Tennis or Volleyball, but hung out with people from both teams. I did however live in FL for 2 years before attending HS... So what does this prove?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You gonna be around November 7th of this year? I'm just curious cuz I'm going to be laughing my can off when Obama gets his clock cleaned by a double-digit landslide. This guy is sinking fsater than the Titanic did! See you then.

To who? Romney? Arent you a "Libertarian"?

ETA: I will ABSOLUTELY take you up on that bet.
edit on 17-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Birther, just as you claim it is very possible for Obama to forge his birth certificate, did you stop for one moment, just one moment, and figure into your possibility memory bank that it is just as likely easy to forge such a sensational and convenient booklet as this one?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join