It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I can not believe the way you support this usurper who should be charged with treason. Sometimes I think your real name is either Michelle or Barak H. Obama, either that or his office cuts your paycheck for time spent on ATS.

Examples of his "treason"???

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanats

Originally posted by Nite_wing

You have heard of the literary field known as fiction? It also occurs masquerading as news on Fox 'News'

Check your stats. Fox is #1. MSNBC is number last.

Yep, Fox 'News' knows how to get ratings, tell all the trailer park denizens and couch potatoes on the low end of the IQ demographic what they want to hear.

You work for MSNBC...come on admit it...we won't tell.....

Des

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You have heard of the literary field known as fiction? It also occurs masquerading as news on Fox 'News'

As for fiction, any publisher who publishes fiction as fact is not trustworthy. Kind of like any Kenyan born President who says he is eligible.

edit on 17-5-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

Until such time as someone provides some kind of remotely plausible evidence for the existence of such a "Kenyan born President" I'll leave him and you in the land of fairies and unicorns where they seem to prefer to want to stay.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Some people cannot deny ignorance when it blows their mindset nor can they accept the truth when it stares them in the face.

edit on 5/17/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Yep, Fox 'News' knows how to get ratings, tell all the trailer park denizens and couch potatoes on the low end of the IQ demographic what they want to hear.

You work for MSNBC...come on admit it...we won't tell.....

Des

I'll admit I touched a nerve with you when questioning the intelligence of idiots who watch cable news.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This brief biography has some conspicuous errors: The President went to Columbia COLLEGE (the undergraduate school), not Columbia University (the graduate school); his father wasn't the Finance Minister until years after he divorced Ann Dunham and disappeared from young Barack's life. Stuff like that. You can't use such a sloppy bio to prove anything except that Obama's literary agent was only half-awake.

The usual birther myth is that, somehow, there was a substantial conspiracy to set Obama up for the presidency operating even before the President's actual birth -- this is used to explain away the birth notices in the Honolulu newspapers -- so it doesn't make sense that Obama would blow the cover (or even know that he had been born contrary to the Hawaiian birth certificate).
edit on 17-5-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stanats

Go back to page 1 (o-n-e) and look at the very first post.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is an admitted fact-checking error...

Update: For those curious about the booklet with the "born in Kenya" blurb, which is in fact real, Miriam Goderich who is from the literary agency that produced it, emailed a statement to Political Wire. "This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

I know it doesn't matter to the birther crowd, but I can't resist putting the facts out there. Sorry.

Thanks to Aloysius the Gaul for posting this elsewhere.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/17/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Too bad birthers will put their fingers in their ears and ignore the following post:

Literary Agent Says 1991 Booklet was a Mistake
(Politicalwire.com)

May 17, 2012

Breitbart News reports on a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency which describes the author as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich issued the following statement to Political Wire:

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Full disclosure: I am a client of the same literary agency.

Love the take from the AtlanticWire:
Breitbart's Editors: Hey, We're Not Birthers, But Maybe You Should Be

ETA: couple of posters beat me to it!
Thanks BH, and Aloysius
edit on 17-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So was the Kenyan birth just taken out of thin air?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

What part of "Yes" is hard for you to understand?

link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Too bad birthers will put their fingers in their ears and ignore the following post:

(Politicalwire.com)

May 17, 2012

Breitbart News reports on a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency which describes the author as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich issued the following statement to Political Wire:

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Full disclosure: I am a client of the same literary agency.

Love the take from the AtlanticWire:
Breitbart's Editors: Hey, We're Not Birthers, But Maybe You Should Be

ETA: couple of posters beat me to it!
Thanks BH, and Aloysius
edit on 17-5-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

Still doesn't erase the fact that this ran for 16 years. Conveniently stopped running in 2007, just as Obama was running for President.

A 16 year mistake? Yeah...OK

link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
This brief biography has some conspicuous errors: The President went to Columbia COLLEGE (the undergraduate school), not Columbia University (the graduate school); his father wasn't the Finance Minister until years after he divorced Ann Dunham and disappeared from young Barack's life. Stuff like that. You can't use such a sloppy bio to prove anything except that Obama's literary agent was only half-awake.

The usual birther myth is that, somehow, there was a substantial conspiracy to set Obama up for the presidency operating even before the President's actual birth -- this is used to explain away the birth notices in the Honolulu newspapers -- so it doesn't make sense that Obama would blow the cover (or even know that he had been born contrary to the Hawaiian birth certificate).
edit on 17-5-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

Well, you better go tell wikipedia. They have it listed at Columbia University, also.
en.wikipedia.org...

and factcheck

www.factcheck.org...

Columbia University proudly claims Obama as a 1983 graduate. The university magazine Columbia College Today profiled him as far back as 2005, after he was elected to the U.S. Senate.

They also refer to it as a college. Perhaps it was once called a college as was my mom and dad's alma mater Bradley University.
edit on 5/17/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

A mistake made in 1991 and repeated again in 2004

2004 Article

edit on 17-5-2012 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's hilarious that she comes out NOW and says it's a mistake. Couldn't have put that into later editions eh?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Does anyone have the physical book?

It's possible it is a mistake. I'm a skeptic on everything.

A tiny biography column isn't a legal document so it means nothing in the end.
edit on 17-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The editor of this booklet says:

This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii.
www.theatlanticwire.com...#

Am I really here? Or is this an episode of Punk'd?

See folks? This is all being done on purpose. To insult then incense us.
And when Obama becomes POTUS-2012....they'll be calling in military backup to defuse the rioting.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
People will come to this thread with their minds already made up. Expand your minds. I did it with Bush as a republican and have since seen the evil in it. Accept that things can be different than what you believe. You may defend it now, but think, just think, that maybe things aren't what they seem........

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

A 16 year mistake? Yeah...OK

Well - either Obama never saw it or never felt the need to correct it?
At least not until he was running for president?

edit on 17-5-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Still doesn't erase the fact that this ran for 16 years. Conveniently stopped running in 2007, just as Obama was running for President.

It was a one-time publication. And what were they supposed to do - make a second publication just to correct one biographical mistake.

The person who wrote that biographical piece has now chimed in - and openly admits it was a mistake, the she wrote that without any input from Obama.

Obama's father was from Kenya. It's easy for people to just assume he was too. But the fact's say otherwise, if people take the time to listen to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join