It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

42% of GOP voters have nothing nice to say about Mitt Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A FOX NEWS poll yesterday showed that 42%, nearly one half, of voters who said that they would vote for Mitt Romney gave the reason as "He's Not Obama" when asked to express in THEIR OWN WORDS (no options given) as to why they were voting for Romney.

Nearly half of Republicans therefore have nothing nice to say about their candidate, when asked to freely comment. They couldn't say "it's because of xxx economic policy" or "because of his position against gay marriage" or "because he's a Mormon" or "because he's my kind of guy" or "because we share values". Just "he's not Obama".

This shows a staggering show of apathy amongst American voters, that they will vote for someone just because he's not someone else, even though they know absolutely nothing about the guy's policies and can't come up with a single redeeming quality in the man.

As Americans, how do you feel that almost half the people voting for Romney are doing so without ANY knowledge of what he will do when he is President, or any knowledge about what sort of person he is?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This has been my expierence as well when I run into people that say they are voting for ole Mitt.

And this is the reason they have black listed Ron Paul.
Because if the American people actually knew that there was a more qualified candidate than both Mitt and Obama, then they would lose their stranglehold on Americans.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's proof that the people are awakening to the fact that Dr Paul is our ONLY viable option for president.
If you love your country, the choice is simple.

Ron Paul 2012!!!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The same apathy that got Obama elected in 2008?? A candidate who at the time had ZERO relevant experience. Back then people could not explain why they would elect him. They just liked him and liked the idea of electing our nations first Black President. Everything else about the man was ignored or buried. A proper vetting would have eliminated him in the primary. Hands down. The nation was hell bent on a nation different from the Bush years. Hence the Hopey Changey thing... which fell flat on its face... and the same candidate is still bringing Bush up after nearly a full term of failures.

I wish voters from both sides would make just a little effort to educate themselves prior to voting. Research and learning It is as easy now as it is ever going to be. Most people would rather have their information spoon fed to them... Lazy...
edit on 17-5-2012 by jibeho because: add content and clarity

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Assuming the poll was at least somewhat accurate, it shows a very sad reality. Too many American voters have $#%*% for brains. Having conversations with my own parents, sometimes I just want to smack them. They know why I support Ron Paul and they ALSO like him and his ideas! BUT... they are reluctant to vote for him because they thought Romney would be more likely to win the nomination. How brain dead do you have to be to not realize that if everyone votes for the guy who -looks like- he could win instead of the guy with the best ideas, qualifications and policies, we all lose? Frustration doesn't even begin to describe how I feel.

Just donated more money to Ron Paul since he has a money-bomb going on today. Whether or not he wins I want to contribute toward the cause to get us the #$%& out from under the boot of the neocons and "liberals" like Obama and his cronies. We have to replace one politician after another with our own, starting at the local level, but concentrating on the top as well. We have to take back this country from people who run it not for us, but for themselves. As for our parents and grandparents, find a way to snap them out of their delusions before their votes cast us into utter hopelessness and point of no return.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
As a true conservative I am quite unhappy with Mitt, all of you misguided Ron Paul followers had to be drinking the kool aid to think he ever had a chance, he like Ross Perot have some very good points but are not presidential material. Anyone but Obama at this point will be a benefit aswell as conservative/libertarian control of the government. I think Rand Paul may be a great choice in the future.

If we do not take fiscal responsibility we are doomed, regardless of what figure head the appoint POTUS.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Remember when Obama took office and a lot of people had that ''well things can't get worse. At least it's not Bush anymore'' attitude....And then things kept getting worse...Being new isn't a factor in ''is this person better for the job''. Very few can seem to remember their attitude about 'change' then vs now. At least the playing field is even, I'm pretty sure most people voting Obama just don't want to remember a new name.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

The argument of Paul would be great but he just wont get elected is the most assinine thing I have ever heard. Ofcourse someone wont win if people dont vote for him.

I hear it all the time, "I would love for Paul to be president. but I'm not going to vote for him because he wont win." uhhh... hello!!!!......thats how you win an election, YOU vote for the person you think would be the best!! Not who you are told will be the best. Make your own darn desicions.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
A FOX NEWS poll yesterday showed that 42%, nearly one half, of voters who said that they would vote for Mitt Romney gave the reason as "He's Not Obama" when asked to express in THEIR OWN WORDS (no options given) as to why they were voting for Romney.

Terrible reason to vote for anyone, looks like people have acquired a taste for crap and douche.

Not good, because if Romney gets elected and people don't like him, they will say they are voting for another douche because "it's not Romney"

Fail Fail FAIL

EDIT: Too bad we can't poll here. I'd like to poll people on what they like better: Crap or douche?
edit on 17-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wonder what percentage of that 42% dislike him due to the fact that he is Mormon?
Sure there are tons of other legit factors to not want him as the GOP representative in the coming election, but I'd say a good amount of the people automatically disqualified him as "their" candidate because of his religious beliefs. How American of them right?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have nothing nice to say about:

Obama
Paul
Romney

Anybody but Bush was the election chant on 2008 so what's the deal?

Only the Democrats get to vote party line?
edit on 17-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Democratic Primary reminds me of Hannity and Colmes, with one Hannity and a lot of Colmes.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

As Americans, how do you feel that almost half the people voting for Romney are doing so without ANY knowledge of what he will do when he is President, or any knowledge about what sort of person he is?

A testament to the dismal lot of candidates the GOP had to work with this cycle. A veritable circus side show of bad candidates. However, many voters simply vote straight party ticket anyway, so it doesn't matter to them.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Today's Republicans don't have anything nice to say about most other Republicans not just Romney.

Was the term RINO coined by Republicans?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Unbeliever, it's mentallities lime yours that keep dr Paul from obtaining what is rightfully his!! He is the answer!! Have you not seen his policies??? So you admit defeat right away...

I hope you realize people like you are dragging this country down the stinker, way to go...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

The same apathy that got Obama elected in 2008?? A candidate who at the time had ZERO relevant experience. Back then people could not explain why they would elect him. They just liked him and liked the idea of electing our nations first Black President. Everything else about the man was ignored or buried. A proper vetting would have eliminated him in the primary. Hands down. The nation was hell bent on a nation different from the Bush years. Hence the Hopey Changey thing... which fell flat on its face... and the same candidate is still bringing Bush up after nearly a full term of failures.

I wish voters from both sides would make just a little effort to educate themselves prior to voting. Research and learning It is as easy now as it is ever going to be. Most people would rather have their information spoon fed to them... Lazy...
edit on 17-5-2012 by jibeho because: add content and clarity

Sure, but they had reason to vote for Obama other than "He's not McCain"

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Remember when Obama took office and a lot of people had that ''well things can't get worse. At least it's not Bush anymore'' attitude....And then things kept getting worse...Being new isn't a factor in ''is this person better for the job''. Very few can seem to remember their attitude about 'change' then vs now. At least the playing field is even, I'm pretty sure most people voting Obama just don't want to remember a new name.

It turns out that when people voted for GWB in the 2000 election, many thought that "he did a great job in the early 90's", and didn't realize it was a different guy.

Nambe brand recognition certainly plays a huge part in US elections. Many, many, many people will vote "Clinton" in 2016 without realizing it's not Bill.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

A testament to the dismal lot of candidates the GOP had to work with this cycle. A veritable circus side show of bad candidates. However, many voters simply vote straight party ticket anyway, so it doesn't matter to them.

That's what I'm trying to say - the candidate SHOULD matter.

Only about 5% of Democrats OR Republican registered voters ever actually vote in their own primaries when they have them, so the other 95% don't give a damn who their candidate is or what the issues are and just vote the same way every single time.

It's voter apathy. There should be a mandatory passing grade in a civics class required before being allowed to vote for ANYTHING.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Those voting for Romney are either wealthy or stupid.

There is NO other reason to vote for that BUM.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
It's proof that the people are awakening to the fact that Dr Paul is our ONLY viable option for president.
If you love your country, the choice is simple.

Ron Paul 2012!!!

While I am all for Ron Paul and truly hope Mitt does not get the nomination ( I can't stand the guy)...

That is not what this proves...Because according to this unofficial poll, this suggests that 58% of GOP voters Do have good things to say about Mitt Romney....

It doesn't prove that 42% of GOP voters in this particular poll like Ron Paul. It just suggests that 42% don't like Mitt Romney.

Also,do not forget that this is not an official poll at all. It is a fox news poll and let's be honest. Those polls on these news sites do not get an unbiased group. If MSNBC asked on their site what people thought of Mitt, well, it is likely to be answered by mostly left leaning people...Thus the results will be leaning to the left... You would probably see 90% or more do not have anything good to say about Mitt on that site...

Ask the question of Fox News's site and well, this is the results you get...

Don't put too much stock into an unofficial and biased poll...

Dr. Paul is getting more noticed than ever before and here is hoping he does get the nomination some how...But don't get to excited about this poll...

All it says is that most right leaning people who happened to answer that poll, DO like Mitt....That's about it...
edit on 17-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join